Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 04:44 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,517,767 times

Advertisements

Cavuto is my new hero
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 04:51 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,927,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The average policy under ACA is $328. I'd love for someone, anyone, to tell me how those living paycheck to paycheck are going to find $328 to pay for health insurance? There are literally millions of American households who are not living in poverty but are unable to pay yet another monthly bill, no matter how helpful or noble it is.

I've yet to find someone who will explain away this very real scenario.
There is no such thing as a average policy; no more than there is an average tax bill.

Your tax bill is based on your family's critiria...not mine or your uncle Dan's.

Your health premium is the same. Your income, family size and premium choice all effect your premium.

Why are you so worried about some hypothetical premimun. Calculate yours and if is out of your reach, we can work form there.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:27 AM

30,226 posts, read 23,643,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
You get tax credits based on your income. I think that point has been made at least 5000 times here. Memory malfunction perhaps?

Oh, and I'm glad to see that Republicans suddenly care about low-income Americans. That was a pretty quick turnaround, wasn't it.
It's pretty clear that some Dems don't care about the poor since they are all for this ridiculous "healthcare" act. We all are going to have to pay. Some will pay a lower amount, but if you think that poor people can afford any amount, you have no idea what it is to be poor. I would think that someone who claims to care so much about them would get to know what it's like for them. Clearly you have not done so.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:41 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,082,097 times
Cavuto absolutely DESTROYS Barack Obama and ACA!!!! I bet barely a single liberal on this thread have watched the video. Limp-wristed cowards, they are.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:23 AM

21,426 posts, read 10,507,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Absolutely correct. I don't know the senators from high cost states did not adjust the subsidies for those states. It's extremely unfair
Well, in my opinion it would be extremely unfair for the high cost states to get any special breaks since they're responsible for this boondoggle. Name one high cost state that isn't a blue state that voted for Obama and the Democrats who created it?

Old 09-28-2013, 10:04 AM

25,482 posts, read 18,618,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
... but if you think that poor people can afford any amount, you have no idea what it is to be poor. I would think that someone who claims to care so much about them would get to know what it's like for them. Clearly you have not done so.
RANT ON ***

Of course they don't. They have no clue. A daddy-financed Harvard MBA grad driving around in his BMW with his nose in the air crying about equality nauseates the hell out of me, as I'm sure it does others as well. These folks are ten times WORSE than the "fat cats" they constantly denigrate. At least the "fat cats" don't play charades and try to make everyone believe they are anything but fat cats. The fat cats don't base their existence on hypocrisy and lies.

The sniveling high-income (which most are) liberal who sh**s hundred dollar bills and then proceeds to tell everyone how much he cares about the poor is a kick in the crotch to the poor. It's the middle finger. The poor would probably rather hear the truth--that they don't give a damn. Oh sure, they say they give a damn as long as someone else's pocket is picked to "help the cause." But you try to pick their pocket and all hell breaks loose.

Tell you what, when I see every one of these stealth-affluent, caterwauling lefties--who profess to champion the poor, equality, "freedom," save the world, the environment--living in a 400 sf solar cabin, riding a bike or walking, living a humble, down-to-earth existence, purposely limiting their income to, say, $20,000 per year and donating the rest to the poor they profess to care so much about... well, perhaps then I'll even bother listening to their drivel. I'd then listen because I'd know I wasn't witnessing a hypocrite that doesn't even come close to practicing what he preaches.

And there may even be a few out there who do live like this. If so, my hat's off to you. I may not totally agree with you, but I DO respect you. Because you really do believe your words, unlike the rest.

RANT OFF ***

Old 09-28-2013, 10:09 AM

5,724 posts, read 3,237,701 times
Big deal...tax credits. Tax credits, along with so called free health care doesn't put food on the table and pay other bills.

Quote:
You get tax credits based on your income. I think that point has been made at least 5000 times here. Memory malfunction perhaps?

Oh, and I'm glad to see that Republicans suddenly care about low-income Americans. That was a pretty quick turnaround, wasn't it.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:13 AM

5,724 posts, read 3,237,701 times
people living paycheck to paycheck can't wait until April 15th!!!!

Quote:
Are you aware of how tax credits work? It would be subtracted from whatever you owe (or added to your refund) on April 15th. That's my understanding.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:51 AM

37,953 posts, read 22,057,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I strongly support the Affordable Care Act. Right-wingers be damned. You lost.
Which parts, the ones 0bama hands out waivers for, or the parts he has delayed, or the fact that he is subsidizing 75% of the premiums for the rich US legislators and their staff, or the part that steps between the doctors and 10 year old girls and grandmothers, and tells them to just take a pain pill and die??

It's not about who freaking wins or loses, if 0bamaCare actually did all that 0bama claims it would, the vast majority would not oppose it.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:54 AM

37,953 posts, read 22,057,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
people living paycheck to paycheck can't wait until April 15th!!!!
That's so cliche. Plenty of people live paycheck to paycheck, even at 500% above the poverty level.

If not for 0bamacare, a lot of those people would still have a job, and still have their health care plans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies