Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2014, 09:26 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
See there you go again. YOu and your ilk always put up a strawman when you start losing.

You have no basis to believe I am an Obama fan...among other reasons because I am not.

Obama got my vote...only because the other side could not find a rational opponent.

But I find great fault with Obama. He is inept in a number of important ways. But that does not bless the right with righteousness. In fact it points out they could not find a candidate to successfully oppose a guy on the ropes with at best limited skills. That is not Obama problem...it is that of the RW.
So you are not telling me that Democrats do not do a single thing for the NEA and teacher unions nor the NEA and Unions for the Democrats?

Hey the Obama bit was a shot at the idea of "elect a right winger and Christ will descend" comment, which I have to admit was funny and has some humor to it.

Oh it does not make us righteous but it makes us right.., everything we said would happen(which we were mocked and laughed at for by the way) is now happening, Obamacare is imploding, China is gearing to take the islands in the Sea of Japan, Russian is gear up to take back its former nations, the border is still not secure, The EPA is out of control, the ATF is going back the the "Waco Days",government is still wasting money at a dizzying rate...And Education is still failing if not failed.

Yeah Romney was a nice guy, and he lost, but the fact the media openly carried water for "Obama the Messiah" did not help..But then again leftist have to cheat to win...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
First of all, it's funny when that argument is used on the right when they find an example of welfare fraud and second, it's funnier when they ignore it when we're talking about several million Bible-thumping parents.

1 or 2? Was that a typo? Surely you mean somewhere closer to 12 million (still a low number in my opinion).

You're missing the entire point. It isn't about what I want for my kids, it's about what I think is best for America's kids and future of this country. Sending millions of kids to a glorified Bible-study masquerading as a legitimate school isn't good for either.

What does that even mean?

How about if I don't like it, it doesn't get accredited and doesn't get any tax dollars? I like my idea better.

None of those things are racist. And Christianity isn't a race, it's a religion.

The voucher system isn't great. Our public school system is great. It's worth fixing.
I asked for proof about millions of "bible thumping anti science" parents, yet you have show none..keep yelling and snarling like a mad leftist does..

Its you who is missing the point, you object to this system because leftist can not compete, they have to rig the system and fight like hell to protect it because they can not compete in a free market.

It means what it says it means

Hey if you are tolerant why do you care what some schools teach? Votre_Chef don`t you have to be tolerant of their views and ideals? And if not why only to some kinds of views and ideals should be tolerated and not others?

Hey you don't like The Carroll Academy, fine dont send your kids there, why should you have to force others to do what you want them to? Not very tolerant of other people and views are you Votre-Chef?

How is not "Racist" for the United Negro College Fund to Deny me a scholarship base on the fact I am White?

Quote:
The voucher system isn't great. Our public school system is great. It's worth fixing.
Funny if it is soo great why does ist cost so much,produce so little, and fail so many children?

Old 03-31-2014, 09:42 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I asked for proof about millions of "bible thumping anti science" parents, yet you have show none..keep yelling and snarling like a mad leftist does..
I let you pick from any of 7,000 schools just to start. You ignored that and said 1 or 2 parents. They must have a lot of kids to support that many schools.

Quote:
Its you who is missing the point, you object to this system because leftist can not compete, they have to rig the system and fight like hell to protect it because they can not compete in a free market.
It's not a competition. This isn't about producing the best soft drink, it's about educating America's children.

Quote:
It means what it says it means

Hey if you are tolerant why do you care what some schools teach? Votre_Chef don`t you have to be tolerant of their views and ideals? And if not why only to some kinds of views and ideals should be tolerated and not others?
Oh, I see. It's the typical right wing misunderstanding of the concept of tolerance.

You see, that doesn't extend to things like bigotry and really, really stupid ideas (like yours). I hope you won't make that mistake from now on.

Quote:
Hey you don't like The Carroll Academy, fine dont send your kids there, why should you have to force others to do what you want them to? Not very tolerant of other people and views are you Votre-Chef?
Already addressed this. You clearly don't understand what tolerance means.

Quote:
How is not "Racist" for the United Negro College Fund to Deny me a scholarship base on the fact I am White?
Are you asking that for real, meaning you really don't know anything about the history of the black experience in this country, or are you just trying to be obnoxious? Just curious.

Quote:
Funny if it is soo great why does ist cost so much,produce so little, and fail so many children?
I think it produces quite a bit. America has some overwhelmingly talented people that came from public education. It needs to be fixed but it's a good system.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
I let you pick from any of 7,000 schools just to start. You ignored that and said 1 or 2 parents. They must have a lot of kids to support that many schools.

It's not a competition. This isn't about producing the best soft drink, it's about educating America's children.

Oh but it is, one system has failed, one system by and large is succeeding, and after all results do matter, but then again what does you side fear, I am after all government run schools are the best? right? Why not some competition?

Oh, I see. It's the typical right wing misunderstanding of the concept of tolerance.

You see, that doesn't extend to things like bigotry and really, really stupid ideas (like yours). I hope you won't make that mistake from now on.

So then you are not really tolerant, you do not tolerate things you do not approve of.
Its ok, leftist do not understand many things about the world..

Tell me, what is stupider throwing money into a failed system, or letting the free market innovate in the market place of education?

Already addressed this. You clearly don't understand what tolerance means.

the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with.

Hey you don't like The Carroll Academy, fine dont send your kids there, why should you have to force others to do what you want them to?

Please answer these questions...Not very tolerant of other people and views are you Votre-Chef?

Are you asking that for real, meaning you really don't know anything about the history of the black experience in this country, or are you just trying to be obnoxious? Just curious.

I am asking a question why is it OK for one group of people discriminate based on skin color, and its OK, and another group does the same thing, and it is "racist"? After all you leftist love to say "race is a soical construct"

So for the record you are ok with reverse segregation/discrimination?

I think it produces quite a bit. America has some overwhelmingly talented people that came from public education. It needs to be fixed but it's a good system.
If it was such a good system why has it failed so many, and not being allowed to run to it full positional? Why not let it be better, even if that means that all might federal government is not at the wheel?

What is wrong? cant handle some competition?

Old 03-31-2014, 10:06 PM

Oh but it is, once system has failed, one system by and large is succeeding, and after all results do matter, but then again what does you side fear, I am after all government run schools are the best? right? Why not some competition?

The system has not failed. Say it a million times and it won't make it any more true. Prove to me that the system is failed and requires replacement. I won't hold my breath.

So then you are not really tolerant, you do not tolerate things you do not approve of.

No, I am tolerant, just not of stupidity and bigotry.

Tell me, what is stupider throwing money into a failed system, or letting the free market innovate in the market place of education?

It's not a failure. The free market? The same people that brought us Enron and the financial collapse? Those guys are geniuses! lol

the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with.

Just as long as they're not stupid/bigoted.

Hey you don't like The Carroll Academy, fine dont send your kids there, why should you have to force others to do what you want them to?

I didn't say it couldn't exist. I said I'm not going to send my tax dollars there. And I said it shouldn't be accredited by the State of Mississippi.

Please answer these questions...Not very tolerant of other people and views are you Votre-Chef?

Again, just not of stupidity/bigotry (Carroll Academy is an example of institutional racism).

I am asking a question why is it OK for one group of people discriminate based on skin color, and its OK, and another group does the same thing, and it is "racist"? After all you leftist love to say "race is a soical construct"

Race is a social construct, a construct used by white bigots to make the black experience in this country a hellish nightmare for most of our history.

I'd say they're apples and oranges, and I'd go further and say that anyone who doesn't see that is either stupid or a racist and their opinion is utterly worthless.

If it was such a good system why has it failed so many, and not being allowed to run to it full positional? Why not let it be better, even if that means that all might federal government is not at the wheel?

I already said it needed to be fixed. I don't think fixing it means giving tax dollars to schools like Carroll Academy. If you can show me how this country's educational system is somehow improved by giving tax dollars to that school, by all means, I'd be willing to listen. But as yet, you've not even tried to make the case, just attacked me for not wanting my tax dollars to go there. You tell me how that fixes our broken education system. Tell me specifically how giving tax dollars to a school that is openly racist somehow better for this country. I'd like to see that explanation.

lol

Old 03-31-2014, 10:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Why do you have a problem with that?

Do you have a problem with Doctors working for money?

Do you have a problem with Farmers working for money?

Some business might cherry pick, other will not, other will do the niche opinion and take in troubled students..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
There are charter schools that are not religious and are way better than public schools. They are free also. The unions don't want to allow it. You are so correct. It is not about education. It is all about money. It is common sense. If a school does not meet standards then it should be turned into the soup kithen that it really is.
I have no problem with anyone working for money. I have a huge problem with 1. charging more money than it costs to educate the students, and 2. putting that money into some sort of fund for the owners of the school.

Charter schools are part of the public school system. They are tax supported.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Oh but it is, once system has failed, one system by and large is succeeding, and after all results do matter, but then again what does you side fear, I am after all government run schools are the best? right? Why not some competition?

The system has not failed. Say it a million times and it won't make it any more true. Prove to me that the system is failed and requires replacement. I won't hold my breath.

Oh but it has, millions of under educated kids, 2500 drop outs per day some cities have a graducation rate less then 50%...if that is success I would hate to see failure

No, I am tolerant, just not of stupidity and bigotry.

Then you are not tolerant, you are just selective tolerant

It's not a failure. The free market? The same people that brought us Enron and the financial collapse? Those guys are geniuses! lol

No that was the failure of the so called regulatory commissions, but then again wasn't the financial collapse caused by banks being forced by the federal government to people who could not pay them back?

But then again that is the only line to defend a failed school system.

Just as long as they're not stupid/bigoted.

What you think is bigoted or stupid rarely is..

I didn't say it couldn't exist. I said I'm not going to send my tax dollars there. And I said it shouldn't be accredited by the State of Mississippi.

Again, just not of stupidity/bigotry (Carroll Academy is an example of institutional racism).

Race is a social construct, a construct used by white bigots to make the black experience in this country a hellish nightmare for most of our history.

So their is not difference at all? in the way of certain medical risk depending on skin?

So that makes it ok to discriminate against others? a bad past? So for the record you do support discrimination and segregation?

I'd say they're apples and oranges, and I'd go further and say that anyone who doesn't see that is either stupid or a racist and their opinion is utterly worthless.

It is very simply, black and white answer, do you, or don't you support reverse segregation/discrimination? And if you do support it then how can you be tolerate if you claim not support bigotry yet support segregation/discrimination?

And if you do not support it then how can you supporting Segregation/discrimination?

I already said it needed to be fixed. I don't think fixing it means giving tax dollars to schools like Carroll Academy. If you can show me how this country's educational system is somehow improved by giving tax dollars to that school, by all means, I'd be willing to listen. But as yet, you've not even tried to make the case, just attacked me for not wanting my tax dollars to go there. You tell me how that fixes our broken education system. Tell me specifically how giving tax dollars to a school that is openly racist somehow better for this country. I'd like to see that explanation.

lol

This nation educational system can be improved by hold the educators responsible, and forcing them to compete in the market place, the good ideas are reward, the bad go out of business, and the failed and failing are forced to improve or go under..

Its ok to be afraid of competition..

PS way to compare all private chatter schools to Carroll Academy..

Old 03-31-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I have no problem with anyone working for money. I have a huge problem with 1. charging more money than it costs to educate the students, and 2. putting that money into some sort of fund for the owners of the school.

Charter schools are part of the public school system. They are tax supported.
IF you have a problem charging more money the it costs to educate students are do you not condemn this current system? Do really think if we were spending 10,000 to 12,000 on education we would have such uneducated students? I wonder who spends more and more money never having to wonder or worry about being held accountable? Could it be the government?

Old 03-31-2014, 11:01 PM

Oh but it has, millions of under educated kids, 2500 drop outs per day some cities have a graducation rate less then 50%...if that is success I would hate to see failure

And it produces some of the best and brightest and most talented people on earth.

No, I'm discerning, just like everyone else on this planet.

No that was the failure of the so called regulatory commissions, but then again wasn't the financial collapse caused by banks being forced by the federal government to people who could not pay them back?

But then again that is the only line to defend a failed school system

Actually no it wasn't. It was fueled by Wall Street financial services companies who created a market for bad loans by buying them from the lenders (giving the lenders motivation to keep making loans to people who couldn't afford them) and then chopping them up, getting the bonds regulators to give these new CDOs AAA ratings (even though they were made usually entirely of BBB loans) and then selling them. And then they created CDS' as a way to hedge against the CDOs they themselves created, fueling the demand for bad mortgages that could be sold and then repackaged into bad, but well-rated CDOs that investors wanted to bet against. And these are the people you think should run our education system.

In your case, I'm clearly right on the money.

So their is not difference at all? in the way of certain medical risk depending on skin?

So that makes it ok to discriminate against others? a bad past? So for the record you do support discrimination and segregation?

Apparently, my threshold for when it's ok to discriminate or segregate is much higher than yours.

It is very simply, black and white answer, do you, or don't you support reverse segregation/discrimination? And if you do support it then how can you be tolerate if you claim not support bigotry yet support segregation/discrimination?

And if you do not support it then how can you supporting Segregation/discrimination?

I'm against racism. Historically black colleges are not racist. The United Negro College Fund is not racist. Carroll Academy is racist. If you think they're the same thing, then there is no help for you, maybe you'll reincarnate as something smarter, like a crow or something.

This nation educational system can be improved by hold the educators responsible, and forcing them to compete in the market place, the good ideas are reward, the bad go out of business, and the failed and failing are forced to improve or go under..

It's not a business, it's a public good.

Not afraid of competition, just don't want to sell out our children's futures.

PS, way to go after me for attacking them while sticking up for the principle of giving them my tax dollars. When directly challenged on this point, you essentially run away from it. Way to step up to the plate.

Looks like you're the one afraid of competition.

Old 03-31-2014, 11:31 PM

Quote:

And it produces some of the best and brightest and most talented people on earth.

So because it produces some bright and talented people, that some how makes up for its massive failures?

You are joking me...right?

No, I'm discerning, just like everyone else on this planet.

So then you are not really tolerant, just selectively tolerant.

But then again that is the only line to defend a failed school system

Actually no it wasn't. It was fueled by Wall Street financial services companies who created a market for bad loans by buying them from the lenders (giving the lenders motivation to keep making loans to people who couldn't afford them) and then chopping them up, getting the bonds regulators to give these new CDOs AAA ratings (even though they were made usually entirely of BBB loans) and then selling them. And then they created CDS' as a way to hedge against the CDOs they themselves created, fueling the demand for bad mortgages that could be sold and then repackaged into bad, but well-rated CDOs that investors wanted to bet against. And these are the people you think should run our education system.

Where was Brandy Frank and every one else? Surely not looking at Oil Companies and price of gasoline, right? Instead of ignoring the housing bubble created by Freddie and Fannie Mac? Right?

Did I say investment bankers should be running schools? Nice straw man

Should people with business and management skills be in the fonrt lines instead of the Unions? Yes!

In your case, I'm clearly right on the money.

How is it stupid to not throw money into a broken system?

Apparently, my threshold for when it's ok to discriminate or segregate is much higher than yours.

So its ok to discriminate and segregate, you just have to be the right skin?

Am I am the bigot?

I'm against racism. Historically black colleges are not racist. The United Negro College Fund is not racist. Carroll Academy is racist. If you think they're the same thing, then there is no help for you, maybe you'll reincarnate as something smarter, like a crow or something.

So why do you support reverse Segregation/discrimination if you claim to be against racism,...

Oh once again leftist and their personal attack.

It's not a business, it's a public good.

Really? I thought business was the public good, Why shouldn't the education be home to the same intervention that created so many great products at such low prices?

Why should education not be open to competition?

If it is the public good, why not how it to a higher standards and allow prove successful methods to be implemented?

Not afraid of competition, just don't want to sell out our children's futures.

Really? So they are not be sold to the NEA, and Teacher unions, being forced into failing schools That is not selling them out?

But even if it is, ok because its leftism is action, right?

PS, way to go after me for attacking them while sticking up for the principle of giving them my tax dollars. When directly challenged on this point, you essentially run away from it. Way to step up to the plate.

Looks like you're the one afraid of competition.
Hey its not your money, its the funds of the state, you have no ownership of it..

Why point it that..please I have to hear this..

I am not the one playing the race card and using kids as a human shield..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies