U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 01:27 PM

29,409 posts, read 20,521,268 times

Advertisements

It appears the "central planners" have unleashed tiny trash receptacles on the government employees and they aren't too happy about it. Soon litter will just start being tossed out the windows most likely but hey it's all for the environment ya know. Brains have been lost somewhere in this new agenda 21 save the planet world. Up next the trillion dollar tube train in Cali...........lol.

"The Government Center is split in two towers, with county administrative offices in one and courtrooms on the other side. On the county side, most who enter are employees, but people who are under court supervision also come through to visit probation officers and provide urine samples.
“There’s a lot of concern about what we’re going to do with court litigants who bring trash to court,” Thompson said. “When you get a notice to come to court, we’re not going to talk to you about what you can and can’t bring. We don’t have control over what they bring in, nor should we.”
Everyone who goes into the towers must pass through a weapons-screening checkpoint and metal detector.
But no one is stopping them from bringing in things they’ll have to throw away. As Thompson put it, “You name it and in my 19 years, we’ve found it in the garbage.” That includes dirty diapers, personal hygiene products and soiled clothing. So he’s working on options.
“We have to have a place for their personal garbage, or it’s going to wind up on the floor,” he said.
Already, lawyers report seeing the little trash bins overflowing after a single large coffee cup and a banana peel go in."

Little black trash cans take Hennepin County workers by surprise | Star Tribune
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 01:31 PM

19,783 posts, read 13,927,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It appears the "central planners" have unleashed tiny trash receptacles on the government employees and they aren't too happy about it. Soon litter will just start being tossed out the windows most likely but hey it's all for the environment ya know. Brains have been lost somewhere in this new agenda 21 save the planet world. Up next the trillion dollar tube train in Cali...........lol.

"The Government Center is split in two towers, with county administrative offices in one and courtrooms on the other side. On the county side, most who enter are employees, but people who are under court supervision also come through to visit probation officers and provide urine samples.
“There’s a lot of concern about what we’re going to do with court litigants who bring trash to court,” Thompson said. “When you get a notice to come to court, we’re not going to talk to you about what you can and can’t bring. We don’t have control over what they bring in, nor should we.”
Everyone who goes into the towers must pass through a weapons-screening checkpoint and metal detector.
But no one is stopping them from bringing in things they’ll have to throw away. As Thompson put it, “You name it and in my 19 years, we’ve found it in the garbage.” That includes dirty diapers, personal hygiene products and soiled clothing. So he’s working on options.
“We have to have a place for their personal garbage, or it’s going to wind up on the floor,” he said.
Already, lawyers report seeing the little trash bins overflowing after a single large coffee cup and a banana peel go in."

Little black trash cans take Hennepin County workers by surprise | Star Tribune
So why should the taxpayer pay for throwing personal trash away?

I thought you were against govt employee perks.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:33 PM

I guess you don't create any trash. You must be a wanna be hipster. Your rulers have decided that your trash bins are too big. What will be next that you will agree with..............your coffee cup needs to be the size of a shot glass at the office? You will of course nod your head and say what a great idea rulers.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:38 PM

14,917 posts, read 12,216,789 times
In an effort to make the subway cleaner, New York City had been completely removing trash cans from some subway stations. And it's working.

Think about that for a second.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:39 PM

38,076 posts, read 20,442,841 times
I would like to see the office trash bin of whomever came up with this. My bet is that person doesn't use this can.

However, if it costs less money - then go for it.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:40 PM

19,783 posts, read 13,927,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I guess you don't create any trash. You must be a wanna be hipster. Your rulers have decided that your trash bins are too big. What will be next that you will agree with..............your coffee cup needs to be the size of a shot glass at the office? You will of course nod your head and say what a great idea rulers.

Your link says government employees and government buildings. Again, why should taxpayers pay for the disposal of personal crap in the office?

Why not ***** about stuff that actually doesn't make sense in government? This does.

No, KU I'm not a hipster, I'm too old for that ****.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
In an effort to make the subway cleaner, New York City had been completely removing trash cans from some subway stations. And it's working.

Think about that for a second.
Go walk the rails and see where that trash is most likely ending up. So did they move the trashcans to the top of the steps or just remove em all together. Soon a train will derail due to trash stacking up if that's the case. I'm sure it will be Bush's fault so all is well.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Your link says government employees and government buildings. Again, why should taxpayers pay for the disposal of personal crap in the office?

Why not ***** about stuff that actually doesn't make sense in government? This does.

No, KU I'm not a hipster, I'm too old for that ****.
Are you kidding me? Do you not generate any trash? Public buildings mean folks come in carrying drinks, papers, whatever. Hell have you ever worked in an office and have a trash can you fill? I guess not. When the government mandates you have a thimble as your trash can at home I guess you'll get upset. Or maybe not.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:01 PM

23,837 posts, read 21,561,456 times

Any questions?

Old 09-27-2013, 03:04 PM

41,425 posts, read 21,064,677 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies