Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 07:51 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Wanted to say this is the best post of the thread.
It's an insanely ignorant post, I can only assume you only like it because it fits some stereotype that you hold dear.

Fearing that the white man will steal your land, and enslave people in this country??? Is there some new US law I'm not aware of, which allows white men to steal your land and enslave you? Only government can do that and get away with it.

In the world today, the theft of land / property, and enslavement of people is going on in the nations controlled by non-whites.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:59 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
I am Puerto rican, I remember when I lived in nyc, when I would be with some friends walking down the street, usually the Asians, and some whites would cross to the other side. I knew why they did this. I was not a criminal, but the bad Ricans had given me a bad name. I did not see it as racist, it was truth. Ricans commited crime at an alarming rate. so I had to endure the outcome of it. I knew why people crossed the street, they thought we were trouble. and that thinking was justified, by the actions of a few.
There is one difference between you and me. I don't think the same as you. I'm Black American BTW. We both acknowledge there are issues with crime among both our ethnicities. However, I think differently. I can't justify fearing all persons of a certain race/ethnicity because of the actions of some persons who happen to be of that ethnicity. I can't justify. And I take it very personal when someone judges me based on the stupidity of another Black person. I do because I have done nothing to warrant someone else fearing me. You should not have to endure the outcome of someone else's crime. I should not have to endure it either.

This is a question to which no answer seems to come out of: Why should I endure being feared as a Black man because someone else who happens to be Black decides to act stupid? What is in it for me? What is in it for you when someone else fears you? This is a question no one seems to want to touch.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:04 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's an insanely ignorant post, I can only assume you only like it because it fits some stereotype that you hold dear.

Fearing that the white man will steal your land, and enslave people in this country??? Is there some new US law I'm not aware of, which allows white men to steal your land and enslave you? Only government can do that and get away with it.

In the world today, the theft of land / property, and enslavement of people is going on in the nations controlled by non-whites.
Evidently it hit a nerve with you, especially the last sentence, which was steeped in history. Over the last 400 years, Europeans did pillage the world, enslave others, and deem people who were not a specific type of European as a "savage" in need of their superior culture. Look up "The White Man's Burden" and see for yourself the type of mindset these people had - they felt they were saviors to the world with all their pillaging and violence and enslavement. People today still feel that black people in America should be thankful our ancestors were slaves because we were "introduced to Christianity" and "civilization."

I didn't see any sort of stereotype in it and if you were open minded you would see that what the poster said, especially the last sentence was true. "The Black man" didn't go around the world killing and enslaving people and stealing their land. Many black men did in their home continent but they didn't get on ships and deem all other people as "inferior" and seek to steal everything from them like Europeans did in huge numbers and Europeans not only went to Africa, but to Asia and S. America. And they not only did this to black people but to all indigenous people in those continents. There is no other culture in recent history that can rival the violence that was inflicted to various peoples across the world as what was done between the late 1400s through the 1900s by white people - especially Europeans and Americans in the latter part of the 19th century and the whole of the 20th century.

And FWIW, I hold no ill will towards those early Europeans and the "founding fathers" or anyone in the past. The past is the past, but one should not conveniently ignore the violence of "white culture" especially American "white culture" while seeking to highlight the need to fear "the black man."

Old 10-03-2013, 08:12 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
one could say the should fear the white man.. especially when they magically appear in your country or neighbor, as history tells you he will probably take your land.. or assuming they may molest your children since most sex offenders are white (i did not say all white men are sex offenders so don't jump just yet).. but that would be ignorant and wrong... but hey who knows
How about those serial killers? Or school shootings...if I lived my life in mass generalizations I might avoid the white man like the plague...

Old 10-03-2013, 08:35 AM

241 posts, read 245,819 times
Have you ever encountered a pack out asians teenagers being disruptive and threatening? Come on over to California and meet a few of em. Especially San Jose!
You do yourself a great disservice by profiling a race, rather than the demeanor and the way one carries them self. If you focus on a black person being perpetrator, you might miss the white one
who just took your car or picked your pocket.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlanynna View Post
Have you ever encountered a pack out asians teenagers being disruptive and threatening? Come on over to California and meet a few of em. Especially San Jose!
You do yourself a great disservice by profiling a race, rather than the demeanor and the way one carries them self. If you focus on a black person being perpetrator, you might miss the white one
who just took your car or picked your pocket.
You just pointed something out very important. In focusing ONLY on Black people, criminals of other ethnic groups might get a pass. No criminal should get a pass, period, Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Pacific Islander, Multiracial, etc. Interestingly, there are people who might thing with the mindset of "letting a few non-Black persons get away with crime is worth getting all of the Black criminals". If one is concerned about crime, get ALL of the criminals.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Evidently it hit a nerve with you, especially the last sentence, which was steeped in history. Over the last 400 years, Europeans did pillage the world, enslave others, and deem people who were not a specific type of European as a "savage" in need of their superior culture. Look up "The White Man's Burden" and see for yourself the type of mindset these people had - they felt they were saviors to the world with all their pillaging and violence and enslavement. People today still feel that black people in America should be thankful our ancestors were slaves because we were "introduced to Christianity" and "civilization."
You cling to the past, and the deeds and actions by a culture and a people that are long dead in this country, and damn the living with it. The people you described are living today, but they thrive in non-white countries all over the world.

No, it did not hit a nerve with me, it hit one with you. Enjoy your small little world.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Did anyone catch last night's Trayvon Martin/Paula Deen/Stop & Frisk SVU episode?
No, I don't watch that show.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:59 AM

Fear of Black people is nothing new. It is not something that has existed as of 1980. This dates back to the 19th century.

I would read this: Black brute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-03-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
How about those serial killers? Or school shootings...if I lived my life in mass generalizations I might avoid the white man like the plague...
What about the mass shootings going on in our big urban cities today? They pretty much go unreported nationally, because places like Fresno and Chicago seem to have shooting deaths involving multiple victims a few times a week.

Every day you can read in a local paper about people in a bar, or parking lot, or on the street, getting murdered in a hail of gunfire. When four people in a bar are murdered latter this week, will they be murdered by four separate gunmen, or by one man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies