Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 11:03 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,577,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The silly part is Obama trying to implament the same policies that caused the house crises. How short a memory the democrats have.
I know right! smh..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 11:06 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Ummm...no we're not. All they did was waste taxpayer money and end up exposing themselves as the clowns they are. A lot of us view the republicans as the ones who are the tyrants. An overwhelming majority of Americans voted Obama back into office last year because we didn't want the republicans to repeal the ACA.

There was no "overwhelming majority".

You're entitled to your own opinion, not your own "facts".

Old 09-28-2013, 11:07 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Passing the buck because I pointed out a fact? And no it did not!

And who's policies was it that caused the collapse?? I'll give you a hint, his surname starts with a C and the dems just love his corrupt wife too.
lol... Oh my God. Truly deranged thinking.

So, if you blame the Democrat-controlled Congress for the job losses at the end of Bush's second term, then why do you not blame the Republican-controlled Congress for whatever problems there are in the current economy? I'm just trying to follow your logic.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Obama cruised into the White House, 347-191.

That is a drubbing, no matter how many times rural whites vote "Republican" in the Deep South.

Electoral votes are not a percentage thus not reflecting an overwhelming majority of Americans.
That was the claim.

Obama also had less support his second time around.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:13 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,577,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
lol... Oh my God. Truly deranged thinking.

So, if you blame the Democrat-controlled Congress for the job losses at the end of Bush's second term, then why do you not blame the Republican-controlled Congress for whatever problems there are in the current economy? I'm just trying to follow your logic.
Truly deranged huh? That's your comeback? Show me I'm wrong then?

You are aware the Senate is controlled by Dems right? Only the House is controlled by the Reps.
Bush warned NUMEROUS times that the economy was going to crash. And I didn't like Bush either.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Well let me turn on the light for you! Obama Care is Not affordable and even the Mob can not make the books balance on this one. Most Americans do like and big business certainly does not like the roll out.

OC was voted into law by a Parliamentary Trick by Reid and Polise. This is 10,000 pages and growing and we still do not know what's in there.

This is a budget killer. There however some good points in there that should be carried forward.

Dem's are backing off this OC because its a Train Wreck" Unions (Mr. Hoffa) wants a way out of this deal too!

Mind you, Republican conservatives for funding the Gov, except for OC. Heck the President and the Dem Leadership will not even speak about improving the law. Lastly the other problem is When the Dem's controlled the house and Senate and of course the White House., they excluded any Republican input on this thing they call a law.

The day it was one sided, was the day it is to fail.

A Parliamentary trick that didn't apply to the situation so I say it's illegitimate from the get go.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The people do not disprove of Obamacare, they disapprove of the name "obamacare" and the lies republicans have added to it.

You tell people there are death panels in something, then of course they are not going to approve of it, but I ask you to show us where in the law are these death panels ?

There is another common lie that says you will have tp pay taxes when you sell your house, and while it is true that there is a 3.8% tax on home sales in the new law, it only applies to 0.002% of the population. The law specifically states that for the tax to apply, YOU as an individual, must have a net income of 200,000 dollars(250,000 for a family) and you must sell your home for a net profit of 500,000 dollars.

If Republicans really thought Obamacare would fail, they wouldnt need to lie about it.

Speaking of lies...........

Old 09-28-2013, 11:17 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
obama is stupid
Obama sucks, but it would take a truly, truly stupid person to think the appropriate response to him would've been Mitt Romney or any of the other clowns the GOP paraded around the last election cycle.

We need to vote Dems AND Repubs OUT of national offices.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:19 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Keep up the good work. You are moving in the right direction. Let Obama and the demorats shut down the government or whatever they are calling it these days. The American people are proud of you when you take a stand against these tyrants. God Bless You and God Bless America.
Why did America re-elect President Obama? Why did Democrats in both chambers of Congress receive more total votes from Americans than the conservative party the last election?

If one wants to discuss the will of the American people, the last elections which just occurred a little bit less than 11 months ago, might be a great place to start.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:20 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
It is clear that Republicans no longer wish to govern through the will of the people as evidenced by sufficient election victories in the House, Senate, and White House and have just moved on to economic terrorism to achieve their goals. It's disgusting, and it has nothing to do with what you think of Obamacare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies