Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 11:35 AM

15,849 posts, read 14,479,382 times

Advertisements

I don't have a problem if gay marriage is enacted legislatively. But I see no basis in saying that gays have any right to marry, and the courts have no basis in mandating it be allowed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 11:38 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashaly View Post
I wish same-sex marriage was banned in all states and nationally!!! In Islamic nations, homosexuals are sentenced to death.

Marriage = 1 man + 1 woman throughout history!
That's your revisional history. Gay marriage has existed for centuries.

Why do you liberals keep pushing for a heavy handed overpowering government? We don't need to ban everything and their mother.

Old 09-29-2013, 12:18 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashaly View Post
I wish same-sex marriage was banned in all states and nationally!!! In Islamic nations, homosexuals are sentenced to death.

Marriage = 1 man + 1 woman throughout history!
AMENDMENT XIV

SECTION 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Why do you not like the constitution?

Old 09-29-2013, 12:20 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
finally! now gay cry babies can receive permission from the state to bang and have one less thing to whine about.
Sad, isn't it? People actually need the state's permission to get married? Silly liberal overpowering governments.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:49 AM

234 posts, read 184,717 times
No more states will bother with the issue until after this budget mess is cleared up more seriously which will be after the mid-terms in 2014.

And you should stop teasing candy-mongering children and the mentally nebulous with the true issue of the day... +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Such a beautiful day it will be when all homosexuals can marry in a police state.

So easy it is to distract the needy when it matters.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:20 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
In New Jersey, the Superior Court judge has denied the state's request to stay her order that same-sex marriages must be allowed effective October 21.

Judge denies N.J.'s stay of gay marriage ruling

The state has subsequently appealed to the New Jersey Supreme Court for a stay while the state high court considers an appeal of the case itself.

Regardless of court action, legislative leaders are working on an attempt to override Governor Christie's 2012 veto of a bill that would have enacted a same-sex marriage law. It appears that such an override attempt would be very close. It is unlikely to be considered until after the November elections.

At this point, it is hard to tell whether New Jersey, New Mexico or Hawaii (or possibly even Illinois) will be the next state to permit same-sex marriage statewide (it is currently legal in 8 counties in New Mexico).

Old 10-11-2013, 11:26 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
With all of the changes on the NJ Supreme Court I'm not certain that the ruling will be upheld. But at the end of the day, NJ will eventually legalize same-sex marriage. My guess is if not now, it will be after Christie leaves to run for the white house and NJ elects an equality-friendly governor.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:29 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
With all of the changes on the NJ Supreme Court I'm not certain that the ruling will be upheld. But at the end of the day, NJ will eventually legalize same-sex marriage. My guess is if not now, it will be after Christie leaves to run for the white house and NJ elects an equality-friendly governor.

I think it will be leaglized with the court action. If not it will be done prior to Chrisite leaving office because the legislature will have the votes to override a veto prior to then.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:38 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
finally! now gay cry babies can receive permission from the state to bang and have one less thing to whine about.
Do you or a relative or friend have blue eyes?

Because I heard that in your state, blue-eyed people are not allowed to marry. Only brown-eyed people.

Now, don't be a crybaby about it! Brown-eyed people far outnumber blue-eyed people, so they are the majority. The majority rules. I heard it's spreading to all 50 states now.

Qwitcherwhinin...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies