Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 08:11 PM

119 posts, read 202,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
thanks for the tip...I will know better...

do you really think that WMDs walked away?
...please stop making those "if" scenarios.

yep they walked away with Saddams help during the 6+ months we gave him to do it...it's not an "if" senario
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 08:25 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texcali32 View Post
yep they walked away with Saddams help during the 6+ months we gave him to do it...it's not an "if" senario
Aw, cmon tex. Do you really believe that? You think it is that easy to make an entire WMD program just "poof" go away?

And you think despite us offering significant anonymous rewards for any tips relating to the WMD after we took down Saddam, not a single person could come forward with any knowledge about anything related to WMD?

And after 6 years of scouring Iraq nothing has come up...you stick to the story there was some WMD pointed at the US from some secret Iraqi desert location?

Guy, give it up....just let it go... it's over.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:28 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,808 times
Quote:
since you are so sure that they walked away, you must know where they walked away!
would you be kind and share that info with us.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Aw, cmon tex. Do you really believe that? You think it is that easy to make an entire WMD program just "poof" go away?

And you think despite us offering significant anonymous rewards for any tips relating to the WMD after we took down Saddam, not a single person could come forward with any knowledge about anything related to WMD?

And after 6 years of scouring Iraq nothing has come up...you stick to the story there was some WMD pointed at the US from some secret Iraqi desert location?

Guy, give it up....just let it go... it's over.
Look He had the WMD's we ALL know this to be true and he could NOT account for them...again "fact" he had WMD's in high numbers and "fact" we do not know for sure that he destroyed them all in the 90's. He did NOT comply and he was WARNED..so yes we had a damn good reason to go in. Saddam was unfinished business my freind. Saddam was a tyrant with the capability of terrible acts against this country and his own .you want to go on believing he was not a threat. Im sorry thats laughable

also you seem to consider only one kind of WMD to be a direct danger to the US..again if thats what you think then I cant change your mind. look up what a WMD is.

and yes with Syria's help sure they could get WMD's out of the country not to mention we have NOT scoured ALL of Iraq..it's a needle in a haystack. please

Old 11-17-2007, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
since you are so sure that they walked away, you must know where they walked away!
would you be kind and share that info with us.

I was answering a stupid question with a bit of humor but hmmm i dont know maybe Syria?? duh

I cant believe you all are denying the fact that this man had them at one time and could not prove to us that he had destroyed them all. The troops have seen the evidence of Chemical weapons in Iraq, they have been attacked with them..look it up or better yet ask someone.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:04 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
Quote:
Look He had the WMD's we ALL know this to be true and he could NOT account for them...again "fact" he had WMD's in high numbers and "fact" we do not know for sure that he destroyed them all in the 90's. He did NOT comply and he was WARNED..so yes we had a damn good reason to go in. Saddam was unfinished business my freind. Saddam was a tyrant with the capability of terrible acts against this country and his own .you want to go on believing he was not a threat. Im sorry thats laughable

also you seem to consider only one kind of WMD to be a direct danger to the US..again if thats what you think then I cant change your mind. look up what a WMD is.

and yes with Syria's help sure they could get WMD's out of the country not to mention we have NOT scoured ALL of Iraq..it's a needle in a haystack. please
Who is laughing tex?

WMDs in high numbers in the 1990s? What "WMD"s exactly are you referring to that they had that were a threat to the US, please? Care to provide your source, and be specific?

There was some indication they were developing a nuclear program... they had some localised chemical and biological agents...and Saddam was a bad guy...that is all true....but if those are your qualifications to attack, let's go after Pakistan and North Korea and China and Russia and Egypt and Libya and Syria while we are at it, eh?

The only reason we signed up for this as a country is because of the alleged bogus connections to al qaeda, the implication being some direct threat to the US.

Of course, now that we have created a terrorist haven in Iraq and a convenient place to kill Americans it has become a center for terrorism. It sure as heck wasn't before though. Don't believe me, check the latest intelligence reports on terrorism. Can't find them, I'll cut and paste for you.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:06 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
same old crap. dont forget he sent hurricane Katrina and started the wildfires in California
I blamed him for my recent flat tire. Made me feel better.

Still had to change it myself though, dammit!!!

Old 11-17-2007, 09:17 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I blamed him for my recent flat tire. Made me feel better.

Still had to change it myself though, dammit!!!
Hillary's gonna fix that for ya. It takes a village to change a tire, you know...

Old 11-17-2007, 09:18 PM

16 posts, read 39,211 times
Smile Bush has courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterNative View Post
LOL! Yeah, I heard he even outsourced the engineering of Hurricane Katrina to his millionaire buddies at Halliburton!!! Evil Cheney then charted a course for it to directly hit NOLA so it would wipe out as many poor & minorities as possible.

As for the wildfires, those were concocted to strike California specifically to target Hollywood, which Bush hates. Executives from Wal-Mart also conspired to depress wages so that the poor would face maximum discomfort...

Global warming is also Bush's fault. He's a mad genius on a rampage!!!

</paranoid Lib conspiracies>
Bush is the first President since Harry Truman who has the individual courage to go it alone if he has too, liberals will never have the capacity to understand that. They are purely conformist and the reason they are is it is easy. Give the man credit for his courage as you have, you obviously no courage when you see it.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Who is laughing tex?

WMDs in high numbers in the 1990s? What "WMD"s exactly are you referring to that they had that were a threat to the US, please? Care to provide your source, and be specific?

There was some indication they were developing a nuclear program... they had some localised chemical and biological agents...and Saddam was a bad guy...that is all true....but if those are your qualifications to attack, let's go after Pakistan and North Korea and China and Russia and Egypt and Libya and Syria while we are at it, eh?

The only reason we signed up for this as a country is because of the alleged bogus connections to al qaeda, the implication being some direct threat to the US.

Of course, now that we have created a terrorist haven in Iraq and a convenient place to kill Americans it has become a center for terrorism. It sure as heck wasn't before though. Don't believe me, check the latest intelligence reports on terrorism. Can't find them, I'll cut and paste for you.

Did Bush say we were going into Iraq because of 9/11 or Al Queida? I missed that one. I believe waged a war on "terror" and Saddam had been on our list for some time but lets see ,we know he had them because he used them before..

you can find all kinds of reports out there that spin it both ways..cutting and pasting does nothing. bottom line I "believe" he had them .I think anyone who thinks he didnt is just living in a fantasy world.

ok so lets just say we "created" a terrorist haven in Iraq, fine that doesnt change the fact that there are terrorist there that we are fighting. I didnt make them terrorists, Bush didnt make them terrorists, so at best you can say that we brought them into Iraq...so what
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies