Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 07:43 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times

Advertisements

People hire the people they want...color is rarely an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 07:52 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
way back in the day in Philly my wife worked at a Bistro... well, until the owner asked about her parents.

Your dad is black? yes
You mother is black? yes
You dad is black? YES
Black, like African American black?

LOL... people are funny.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:57 AM

215 posts, read 297,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

“I can’t hire somebody who worked at McDonald’s,” he said. “She don’t even know what is the cookie dough.”

That made my day.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:58 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Never mind, I won't go into the Henry Louis Gates debacle.

I know what you mean.....

Old 10-01-2013, 08:50 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Does the DOJ's current suit against Family Dollar and BMW America ("you can't conduct an employee background check if they're black") make up for it?

Old 10-01-2013, 10:31 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
Quote:
Please explain intra-minority ????
Lolz, a new group of victims the progressive liberals invented so that they can play identity politics, and demand restitution for their suffering of institutionalized subjugation at the hands of evil whitey.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:31 AM

73,010 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Really? People who receive an education are more likely to get good paying job, than ones without. Besides, what is your solution?
But even those who get an education, it doesn't always mean getting a job. Yes, I agree an education is helpful. That being said, statistically, Black men with a college degree have unemployment as high as White males with only a high school education. As to why that statistic is the way it is, it leaves alot to explore.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:34 AM

73,010 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
No one hates black people, the underclass blacks have smeared a whole race of people, and white people have trouble discerning the difference between good and bad and choose not to have any blacks living next to them because of this. The same as not wanting trailer trash scum whites living next door. Racism and discrimination charges are so easily and widely brought against people, it has created a large fear among a lot of white people, making it difficult to do anything about a bad neighbor, who happens to be black, without the fear of being charged with racism or discrimination. Raise your finger to a black person (even if they're wrong)and right away you are labeled a racist. This my friend is why many whites do not want to live next door to a black person.
Actually, it is the inability to distinguish between the underclass and decent Black people. That is the problem. I am able to distinguish between the two. Why not hold actual criminals and fools responsible for their actions instead of making the entire Black population for the actions of some underclass fools?

As for no one hates Black people, I would have to disagree. There are still people who hate Blacks.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:35 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
What a thread, conservatives are in favor of racial discrimination against black people.
And your proof of that is?
Quote:
Hey, it is freedom to discriminate against black people. We can't limit anyone's freedom to be a racist to black people.
You aren't free to discriminate against people, but you are free to be a racist. It's ironic that you would say something like that as ridiculous sarcasm when what you're saying is actually the truth. You aren't in charge of what people think. For example, hate crime legislation is an attempt by people to enshrine their values into law while simultaneously attacking religious people who want to enshrine their values into law.
Quote:
This is a great tragedy that one bakery was found to be racist towards black people and punished.
If that happened, yes it would be a tragedy. But in this case the bakery violated discrimination laws. Racism and discrimination aren't the same thing. If you do something discriminatory then you are taking action against another individual and violating that individual's civil rights. But simply being racist is having an opinion, and having an opinion is not a crime even if that opinion is distasteful.

And even when it does come to discrimination, there is something to be said about discrimination only applying to government. An argument can be made that people should be free to make their own choices and if that choice involves not hiring a black person, then so be it. After all, isn't the idea of not imposing moral choices on people why abortion is legal?
Quote:
This is why I say conservatives in general hate black people. SMH.
And that's why liberals aren't rational. Following your twisted reasoning that prioritizes ideology over logic and facts isn't valid reasoning. And that's how people like Obama, Reid, and Pelosi win elections. They count on people like you to vote for them.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:50 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
When I was in my 20s, I really wanted to get into arborculture (urban tree maintenence/cutting). I went to every arborist in my city and was told in two of them that they only hire Hispanics. Note: not Mexicans, but Hispanics. If it were Mexicans, I might understand because of the language barrier and dangers of the job.

Anyway, I eventually found my way into another industry, but discrimination is alive and well in this country and it is not just race, and culture, but religion and politics as well. I once lost a job due to my lack of agreement on political and religious ideology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies