Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 08:03 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times

Advertisements

Who's hand does he need to hold?

Old 09-30-2013, 08:03 AM

7,542 posts, read 11,574,791 times
Doing any thing to delay slow down or repeal ACA is not a compromise

Compromise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Republicans have tried 43 times to repeal ACA 43 and failed everything signal time they trying once again and will fail this time. After the 2 or 3rd time they should have moved on these guy really do not care about the rest of the country they only care about there own party

Old 09-30-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
The shut down is as much a fault of the Democrats as the Republicans. MAYBE a bit more on the Democrats side.. Neither side is willing to Truly Negotiate, the Republican held house is willing to go from a total defunding, to a 1 year halt, but Reid in the Senate says he refuses to accept ANYTHING but leaving it alone. What would have happened had the house simply said, "We will accept ZERO change in our bill", and simply struck Reid's changes, and sent it back in it's original form?

It's sad, no negotiation, not willing to accept anything but what he wants, and where is our leader, the President.. Well, he's bad mouthing the only group willing to negotiate, and backing the group who is acting like a dead car. Unwilling to start, unwilling to budge.
How silly. Republicans sent up a bill defunding ACA, now they want to delay it. Will the next bill offered be to change it's name?

Old 09-30-2013, 08:06 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
The shut down is as much a fault of the Democrats as the Republicans. MAYBE a bit more on the Democrats side.. Neither side is willing to Truly Negotiate, the Republican held house is willing to go from a total defunding, to a 1 year halt, but Reid in the Senate says he refuses to accept ANYTHING but leaving it alone. What would have happened had the house simply said, "We will accept ZERO change in our bill", and simply struck Reid's changes, and sent it back in it's original form?

It's sad, no negotiation, not willing to accept anything but what he wants, and where is our leader, the President.. Well, he's bad mouthing the only group willing to negotiate, and backing the group who is acting like a dead car. Unwilling to start, unwilling to budge.
That is not a negotiation.

How is that a negotiation?

The Democratic party which in the elections 11months ago won the Presidency and gain seats in both houses of Congress and which received more total votes in both houses of Congress and who Presidential nominee won by 5 million votes, gets nothing out of this compromise.

While the conservative party gets to destroy healthcare.

What is the negotiation?

All parties agree the government has to be funded. The Democratic party is not demanding for concessions from conservatives to cast that their votes to fund the government.

The conservative party is demanding a huge concession from the Democratic party, and offering none of their own.

That is not a negotiation is any sense of the word negotiate.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:07 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
How is that compromise? The GOP isn't going to get everything they want, yet they think they can hold the country hostage to get everything they want.
Really, its not that difficult Urban..

A delay isnt what they want..

Once again I ask you, when I get my $10K a year in subsidies for my family, who will pay for it? WHY WONT YOU ANSWER?

Old 09-30-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Once again I ask you, when I get my $10K a year in subsidies for my family, who will pay for it? WHY WONT YOU ANSWER?
Who cares what they want.

The conservative party will eventually vote to fund the government this is objective reality. They all say the government has to be funded.

conservatives voting to fund the government is not a compromise to the Democratic party.

So what does the party that controls 2/3rds of the government get out of this compromise? Nothing.

See to people in the real world that means that it is not a compromise.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:14 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Who cares what they want.

The conservative party will eventually vote to fund the government this is objective reality. They all say the government has to be funded.

conservatives voting to fund the government is not a compromise to the Democratic party.

So what does the party that controls 2/3rds of the government get out of this compromise? Nothing.

See to people in the real world that means that it is not a compromise.
If I were the Democrats, I would just sit back and wait for the Republicans to cave on this one.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

There is a .9 % tax[surtax] added medicare to those making over 200k a year.

http://invernesswealth.com/documents...nformation.pdf

Old 09-30-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
If I were the Democrats, I would just sit back and wait for the Republicans to cave on this one.
I would to. They can use the word compromise all they want.

There is no compromise. Oh President Obama and Democrats compromise to destroy their bill, while getting nothing in return.

And the conservatives in Congress who are going to vote to fund the government eventually gives up nothing.

To a sane person this is not a negotiation, not a both sides are doing it, This is conservatives acting insane.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:25 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Well, the majority of Americans will blame the GOP if there is a shut down, and rightfully so.

Once again, Obama is playing things calm, cool, and collected and the regressive radical right just can't twist their heads around it.
With the media lying about who is really shutting things down, many Americans probably will. Of course those with more than half a brain know it's the Democrats refusing to pass the budget who are really doing it.

Of course Obama is out playing again, he doesn't know how to actually work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies