Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 09:22 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/news/fiscal-c...f-course/?_r=0

Where else?? Why? Because he locked in for a second term.....AND the media could care less....and he knows it. So what if govt shuts down.....

Fahrenheit 9/11 Vacation President Scene - YouTube

Old 09-30-2013, 09:25 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
this last ditch GOP effort is being waged before more and more people become more informed as to what ACA will and will not do.

I find it currious that conservative posters are still asking basic quesions like how is ACA funded and what is my tax burden???

Old 09-30-2013, 09:40 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
What is wrong with binding arbitration when we have looming budget deadlines? Throw the whole bunch in a locked room when they cannot reach an agreement and don't open the door until they can.

The way I see it is that these bums are manipulating the market. They should all be locked up for good!

But; I seriously don't know why we have to go through this every time. They should be forced by law to settle the disagreements 30 days before the deadline. If they don't; get them in the locked room with only a chamber pot, six pack of beer and several boxes of prunes!

I am not just talking about congress or the administration - grab all of the key players!

Old 09-30-2013, 09:43 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
this last ditch GOP effort is being waged before more and more people become more informed as to what ACA will and will not do.

I find it currious that conservative posters are still asking basic quesions like how is ACA funded and what is my tax burden???
Yeah, I stopped caring about the Cons who are too lazy to inform themselves about this bill and just ask the same questions over and over while ignoring the answers.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:51 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,397,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Correction: The majority of Americans do not want their health care costs to triple. That is what it is doing in our state. Obamacare will either be stopped or the cost of it will destroy this country.

There is a lot rhetoric coming from both sides about the effect that the law will have. One thing is for certain though. If the law ends up costing the middle class more money the Dems will pay politically and if it ends up saving the middle class money the GOP will pay politically. I'm of th emind that the law can only harm the middle class, not help it.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:53 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,569,183 times

Obama On Debt Ceiling: "Paying America's Bills Is Not A Concession To Me" - YouTube

Old 09-30-2013, 09:56 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yeah, I stopped caring about the Cons who are too lazy to inform themselves about this bill and just ask the same questions over and over while ignoring the answers.
They aren't interested in any facts that run counter to their talking points. Which means they are not interested in any facts regarding the ACA at all, since the facts all run counter to their talking points.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:56 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
O has narcissistic personality disorder.

Like Jim Jones.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:10 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
I'm watching republicans on C-SPAN going on and on about the Senate "wasting time" by not being in office until 2 today.

Where were they when Cruz was wasting time, and money, reading story books?

Old 09-30-2013, 10:11 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yep, I am so cheap that I could afford to pay $1000 a month for health care, but ACA is something I can afford. I am sure you aren't paying $1000 a month for your health care. It is probably being subsidized. Oh and god forbid more people in this country have health care, such a terrible world we live in.
We'll still have some 30 million without healthcare. This is what Obamacare was supposed to fix, remember? If it's so great, how come there are people still left out in the cold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Democrats in Congress don't think it is a bad bill. They don't believe conservative talking points about the bill. So putting those thoughts in their minds and saying this is why they should destroy their own bill is illogical because if they believed those things, they would have never passed the bill in the first place.
That's quite illogical. Congrats on succeeding.

There are Democrats who think it's a bad bill, but don't have the courage to stand against it. They also don't have the courage to listen to their constituents who are realizing this is a bad bill. Don't believe it? Just do a quick search, if your mindset isn't threatened.
Consider:
The number of Americans working part-time and nervous.
The number of retirees days away from being dumped on exchanges and anxious.
The number of companies without any news to pass along on those exchanges, still clueless.
The number of doctors who want out (and have left practice).
The number of congressmen now opting out.
...and not to mention the Unions and the swelling tide against this bill.
Who is Bankrolling NFIB's Fight Against the ACA? | PR Watch

The Case Against Obamacare: Health Care Policy Series for the 112th Congress

The American people are sick and tired of politicians who do not listen to them. Elected officials are sent to do the will of the people, and have an obligation to listen to the people.

Read more: Grassroots rage over Obamacare, gun control will hit hard in 2014 | Washington Times Communities

September 30, 2013 — The American people are sick and tired of politicians who do not listen to them. Elected officials are sent to do the will of the people, and therefore have an obligation to listen to the people. They do not, and despite cover from the media, the word is getting out.

democrats against obamacare - Bing News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies