Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 07:38 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,481 times

Advertisements

David Gregory is a great example of what is wrong with the news media. What a Democrat apologist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 08:09 PM

181 posts, read 499,560 times
I saw that on Youtube and was stunned how stupid Ted Cruz seemed.

I guess he was shocked when he wasn't thrown softball questions like it would be on Sean Hannity's show. The host absolutely tore Cruz apart. He pretty much left him a stuttering mess.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:03 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball View Post

Peter King the anti-Obama has already stated the blame with squarely lie with Ted Cruz when the government shuts down.

Peter King has already declared he is running for President in 2016, Ted hasn't but the media is acting like he is. King has to be different that his toughest opponent.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:51 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I haven't changed a bit.

I thought he was a clown yesterday, and I still feel that way.

He's just a myrmidon from Texas as far as I'm concerned. But sure, he comes across well... he's not his own man though.

Empty suit. Bottom line.

Seems like a reoccurring theme for you.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:58 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
After watching him I did not agree with his political beliefs but found him very charismatic, well spoken, and likable.
Yes he is impressive at one thing.

A complete and total disregard for rational, reasoned debate or compromise, and a complete lack of any motivation to accomplish anything other than advancing his personal power and political career to higher office.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:01 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Did anyone see Ted Cruz on MEET THE PRESS on NBC on Sunday?

I was told by my friends and relatives that Red Cruz was an idiot and so terrible and will destroy America, so I decided to check him out. I am a liberal Democrat.

I had never seen him talk for a long time and wanted to size him up and see what he was all about. After watching him I did not agree with his political beliefs but found him very charismatic, well spoken, and likable. I found him very impressive. He basically destroyed the Meet the Press Host.

Any one else impressed with Ted Cruz after watching him on MEET THE PRESS even though you may not agree with his political beliefs?

(I understand he is on the top of the latest polls for the Republicans choice for President in the next election)
Yes, he handled Gregory better than anyone I've seen. He can't be president, regretably, because he was foreign born. I'd sure like to see him take Harry Reid's place as Senate Majority Leader though!

Old 10-01-2013, 03:12 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool85 View Post
I saw that on Youtube and was stunned how stupid Ted Cruz seemed.

I guess he was shocked when he wasn't thrown softball questions like it would be on Sean Hannity's show. The host absolutely tore Cruz apart. He pretty much left him a stuttering mess.
Can you imagine if Obama or anyone on his staff was treated like that each week?

Old 10-01-2013, 03:41 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Did anyone see Ted Cruz on MEET THE PRESS on NBC on Sunday?

I was told by my friends and relatives that Red Cruz was an idiot and so terrible and will destroy America, so I decided to check him out. I am a liberal Democrat.

I had never seen him talk for a long time and wanted to size him up and see what he was all about. After watching him I did not agree with his political beliefs but found him very charismatic, well spoken, and likable. I found him very impressive. He basically destroyed the Meet the Press Host.

Any one else impressed with Ted Cruz after watching him on MEET THE PRESS even though you may not agree with his political beliefs?

(I understand he is on the top of the latest polls for the Republicans choice for President in the next election)
You know, Ted Cruz won all kinds of debate awards when he was in college...

"Cruz graduated c u m laude from Princeton University with a Bachelor of Arts from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs in 1992. While at Princeton, he competed for the American Whig-Cliosophic Society's Debate Panel and won the top speaker award at both the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship. In 1992, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year and Team of the Year (with his debate partner, David Panton). Cruz was also a semi-finalist at the 1995 World Universities Debating Championship. After graduating from Princeton, Cruz attended Harvard Law School, graduating magna c u m laude in 1995 with a Juris Doctor. While at Harvard Law, Cruz was a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review. Referring to Cruz's time as a student at Harvard Law, Professor Alan Dershowitz said, 'Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant.'"

Ted Cruz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He has executive experience (director of policy planning at the U.S. Federal Trade Commission), too, besides all of the the law experience.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:04 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,233 times
It's funny reading this thread. Everyone is praising Cruz and talking about the great schools he attended, yet Obama went to two ivy leagues schools as well, and he has been mocked. I agree Ted Cruz is smart and and great debater, I just find the double standard laughable.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Of his discernible positions, I only agree with his on no combat troops in Afghanistan. None of the rest. But I think as time goes on, his positions will vary with whatever he feels will serve himself better. AKA, a phony.

Senator Ted Cruz's Issue Positions (Political Courage Test) - Project Vote Smart

Where was Ted wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies