Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 12:13 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Savior? we leave that kind of thinking to liberals. Ted is just the guy doing what is right... fighting for what most Americans believe... that being that Obamacare is an Obamanation.
Once again you Repubs use the term "most Americans" but fail to show any poll that has "most Americans" against it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 12:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Boy, there sure are a lot of Ted Cruz fanatics in here. Is he your new savior of the month?

The same was said for Ron Paul fanatics in here.
Bible thumpers know there is no false idol.
The ignorant don't know that.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:24 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Once again you Repubs use the term "most Americans" but fail to show any poll that has "most Americans" against it.
LOL.

there you go. you win. even CNN says most American oppose obamacare but trlkiker has spoken!

(that sound you hear is us laughing....at not with...)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...plan-1130.html

Old 09-30-2013, 12:58 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
[color=black][font=Verdana]Being a bigot is wrong.
Yes. I am not sure where bigotry enters the picture.

Quote:
Attempting to show intellectual superiority is bad form.
Sorta like using a game traditionally linked to to cerebral superiority to make a point? And in the admittedly narrow field of chess, it appears I am intellectual superior to Ted Cruz. In that I know how to set up the pieces.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:14 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Yeah, this is sorta embarrassing, Senator:

https://twitter.com/SenTedCruz/statu...662592/photo/1

If you must display your gaudy Hammacher/Schlemmer chess set to demonstrate your intellect, learning the rules - or at least reading chapter 1, "Setting up the Board" - might be 20 minutes well spent.

Nice bazongas on the Queen, though. Subtle and elegant.

(And yes, it's "Ted" Cruz. You got me there.)
Hammacher/Schlemmer, Is that what that is? It's a weird board. That's the kind of board you have if you want to set it up just for show. Give me the good old staunton for playing. What's with the raised ranks?

Old 09-30-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Oh, gee. A gaffe. How original. People on the side of Biden really should refrain from using gaffes as a political weapon. And maybe Obama shouldn't have referred to there being 57 states either.
Obama never said there was 57 states

Old 09-30-2013, 01:17 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Being a bigot is wrong. Attempting to show intellectual superiority is bad form. Your mother should have taught you that.

But this is America and you have a constitutional right to both. I fought in Desert Storm to defend your right to speak such utter nonsense.
You fought in Desert storm because you chose too. I had the right to speech prior to Desert Storm.

What hubris in saying your service defended somone's rights.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:22 PM

78,388 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Boy, there sure are a lot of Ted Cruz fanatics in here. Is he your new savior of the month?
<shrug> I haven't even paid attention to the guy. Just pointing out the hillarity of people using gaffes etc. to try to denigrate a political opponent which is old hat but low brow. Which is why I sarcastically referred to complaints about Cruz as racist to borrow upon another popular meme here.

I honestly don't care which party wins the next presidential election, that's a looooong way off.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:25 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
He promoted a woman. That alone should make him a liberal hero.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
the left is obviously afraid of this guy
Why? Because we speak up and don't stay silent while he prattles on and on and on? Do you people have any idea how stupid and idiotic you sound with that "they're scared" statement that got really old a long long time ago? What makes you sound even stupider is when somebody on the left makes what you people are calling "just a gaffe, gee you must be scared of him" you're all over him like flies on ****
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies