Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2007, 09:49 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
And why would someone ask questions? Folks, I get the feeling that some on this thread are trying to create a counter-argument that just isn't there. You want to believe that rational people like myself are advocating giving criminals hugs and singing kum-ba-yah to them as they rape and pillage our families. It just aint so.

If someone enters my home without my consent I will meet them with deadly force.

If someone assaults me or another person on the street or anywhere else outside my home, I will meet them with deadly force.

If I see a guy running down the street with a TV, I'll call 911, give a description and the direction in which they ran, and go about my business.
So if you saw someone stealing your neighbors TV you wouldn't try to stop them ? You would give them a free ride by just calling 911. Sounds like you wouldn't even wait for the police to show up.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Who said there wasn't? Look at the difference in shootings from US and parts of Europe:

BBC NEWS | Europe | History of school shootings

BBC NEWS | Americas | Timeline: US school shootings
I don't care about the difference. Someone here tried to make it sound as if you take my guns away from me that crime will go away. Guns have nothing to do with crime, people have something to do with crime. I've never seen a gun rob a store by it's self. There has always been a person holding it.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:59 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
I don't care about the difference. Someone here tried to make it sound as if you take my guns away from me that crime will go away. Guns have nothing to do with crime, people have something to do with crime. I've never seen a gun rob a store by it's self. There has always been a person holding it.
Don't care about the difference then.

Guns have everything to do with crime when we're talking about availability, but people have MUCH more to do with crime. Also, whoever said taking guns away will make crime go away has never lived in a bad area.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:01 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,978,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't believe anyone here would honestly "want" to take a life...
The following readers of Internet Toughguy magazine disagree:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
I'll try hard not to lose any sleep over the fact we now have two less scumbags wondering the streets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifizgud View Post
Two thugs in their grave!!!!!!!! Great! May their soul rest in hell!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifizgud View Post
I'm for ridding the earth of lowlifes and their supporters!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I want to get me a neighbor like this! Just another reason why not to mess with texas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerat View Post
I support the "vigilante". More power to him. Wish he was my next door neighbor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I would have shot them. I have no sympathy for thieves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I have been asked if I ever "regretted" taking another persons life. It takes me a "nano" second to say NO!
Yep-just like turning off a light switch I tell ya! Except its messier...

Quote:
who decides what is absolute when it comes to deadly force, what you may believe is right to do, I may not, and visa versa.
There is a right way and a wrong way. It's called the "escalation of force principle" and its taught in every police academy across the country. It keeps our officers alive and its good enough for me.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:04 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Guns do not kill people...and you can take all the guns away and it won't stop crime...what you will do, is make a lucrative business for the criminals who would sell underground guns, and then I won't have a gun to protect myself with.

This is the same mind set that causes all the problems in the U.S.

Things didn't get this way over night, it took 50 years to get to where we are now and we haven't progressed. Quick fixes will not work, it may take two or three other generations to work this all out...but things have certainly become worse since I was a kid.

The problem lies within parenting and teaching our children respect...respect for the peace and quiet of others, respect for life, respect for the property of others...

there was a time, when children were much more behaved...why? Why is it today, our kids are so rebellious? Parents do not know how to parent or how to discipline.

When parents themselves attack their child's coach, or ride down the road with their radios blarring away, or sit and gossip about this one and that, and constantly say the F. word over and over again....how do you expect a child to act.

Take the guns away and you'll still have a criminal mindset in those who are not taught respect for the law, respect for life and for the property of others, period. And they will obtain weapons to restrain you and I. Guns do not have a mind, criminals do, and until we address the problems of criminal acts...it will always be a problem, and we will be unprotected to boot. Sheesh, I cannot believe people haven't been able to figure it out????

Old 11-20-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Guns do not kill people...and you can take all the guns away and it won't stop crime...what you will do, is make a lucrative business for the criminals who would sell underground guns, and then I won't have a gun to protect myself with.

This is the same mind set that causes all the problems in the U.S.

Things didn't get this way over night, it took 50 years to get to where we are now and we haven't progressed. Quick fixes will not work, it may take two or three other generations to work this all out...but things have certainly become worse since I was a kid.

The problem lies within parenting and teaching our children respect...respect for the peace and quiet of others, respect for life, respect for the property of others...

there was a time, when children were much more behaved...why? Why is it today, our kids are so rebellious? Parents do not know how to parent or how to discipline.

When parents themselves attack their child's coach, or ride down the road with their radios blarring away, or sit and gossip about this one and that, and constantly say the F. word over and over again....how do you expect a child to act.

Take the guns away and you'll still have a criminal mindset in those who are not taught respect for the law, respect for life and for the property of others, period. And they will obtain weapons to restrain you and I. Guns do not have a mind, criminals do, and until we address the problems of criminal acts...it will always be a problem, and we will be unprotected to boot. Sheesh, I cannot believe people haven't been able to figure it out????
Right on the money

Old 11-20-2007, 10:08 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Guns have everything to do with crime when we're talking about availability, but people have MUCH more to do with crime. Also, whoever said taking guns away will make crime go away has never lived in a bad area.
Not all crimes are committed with a firearm

Someone who threatens my family, even without a weapon in their hand, will be just as dead though

Old 11-20-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Don't care about the difference then.

You live in a dream world..Did you not read where I said my daughter was stabbed...she was not shot...no gun involved....So they took away all of the guns in your bad area and crime went away? What time did you wake up from that dream?

Old 11-20-2007, 10:09 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,978,149 times
Quote:
Once again, you're mounting a counter-argument against your own and projecting it on others. NOWHERE in this thread does it say "We should ban all guns and give criminals hugs!!!" I, along with other RESPONSIBLE gun owners simply stated that we would only shoot if life and not property was threatened. Try actually reading posts instead of listening to the voices in your head. It sounds like you're having a hell of an argument with yourself.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
You live in a dream world..Did you not read where I said my daughter was stabbed...she was not shot...no gun involved....So they took away all of the guns in your bad area and crime went away? What time did you wake up from that dream?
You misunderstood my post. Where did I say that they took all the guns away and crime went away?

I said that whoever thinks that taking away guns will make crime go away has never lived a bad area meaning this: guns don't equal crime. Beatings, stabbings (as you stated) and even petty theft, intimidation are all on the same list called crime. Taking all the guns away might mean lesser shootings...if that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies