Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2007, 10:14 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
The following readers of Internet Toughguy magazine disagree:

Yep-just like turning off a light switch I tell ya! Except its messier...

There is a right way and a wrong way. It's called the "escalation of force principle" and its taught in every police academy across the country. It keeps our officers alive and its good enough for me.
who says or deems your way is right and ours is wrong?

I'm sorry, but you don't prove any point by me....Badfish, these people are sick and tired of crime...sick and tired of murders, or having their loved ones, overtaken and even killed by a criminal...Badfish...how can you made a statement like that...."the following readers of Internet Toughguy magazine". Shheeesh, Badfish, your wrong, your wrong...these people are simply defending the rights of their property, their loved ones, their beliefs...no one, but no one has the right to enter onto my property and take even as much as a dime...period...my property is my sanctuary, from the stress of work, from the stress of driving back and forth to work, my home is supposed to be mine...to unwind and relax...I don't believe your getting that point...and I can honestly understand where your coming from, but you don't prove a point by personal attacks and outlandish insults such as this...

Do you honestly believe that is a fair statement? I don't read that kind of magazine...but I do expect to come home to peace and quiet...and if anyone trys to harm my home, my loved ones there, they've got another think coming...and maybe, just maybe, if this became the mindset of a lot of people, it might deter the bullies/criminals from breaking and entering.

And save a lot of lives, like the man in here whose daughter lived a nightmare, and so did he. Can you actually blame them? I can't and I won't bend when it comes to breaking the law, t here must be severe consequesces...otherwise, it will continue and get worse and worse....it surely has since I was young. Never had to worry about living an unsafe life as such. People today are nuts and think that anything goes and they are above the law.

And that is where these people are coming from....and I don't blame them for their feelings, one bit.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:16 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,086,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Not all crimes are committed with a firearm

Someone who threatens my family, even without a weapon in their hand, will be just as dead though
No argument there at all.

I was citing the availability of guns, where shootings may be more commonplace if in the wrong hands, but taking away guns altogether? You won't get that vote from me. How about taking away the guns from the irresponsible people who choose not to defend themselves but who choose to use guns in an illegal and violent way. People like that make it harder for responsible citizens to carry

Old 11-20-2007, 10:16 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,418,516 times
Quote:
Once again, you're mounting a counter-argument against your own and projecting it on others. NOWHERE in this thread does it say "We should ban all guns and give criminals hugs!!!" I, along with other RESPONSIBLE gun owners simply stated that we would only shoot if life and not property was threatened. Try actually reading posts instead of listening to the voices in your head. It sounds like you're having a hell of an argument with yourself.
So if someone you don't know enters your home without permission, you will wait to see if he is threatening a life and not just property? Does he need to kill or maim one of your family members before you are assured that he is not just there for your valuables? Guess what - most of us don't want to wait until that assurance is met. I'm not going to sit idly by whistling a ditty until the burglar hurts someone - if he's coming in, then he's leaving my home in a body bag. Those are the perils of going into a place you're not welcome or wanted, and they should appreciate that fact before they decide to break into someone's home.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:17 AM

1,354 posts, read 4,580,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Do you think if the Pasadena cops were making a 100 grand a year would have made them get there faster then the over seven minutes it took them to get there?
Uh where in my post did it say that? Actually my post stated that paying officers $100k per year more than likely wouldn't change anything.

Quote:
Folks, I get the feeling that some on this thread are trying to create a counter-argument that just isn't there. You want to believe that rational people like myself are advocating giving criminals hugs and singing kum-ba-yah to them as they rape and pillage our families. It just aint so.
I never got that impression and clearly understood what you meant, don't know why it's so hard for others to understand.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:19 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
You misunderstood my post. Where did I say that they took all the guns away and crime went away?

I said that whoever thinks that taking away guns will make crime go away has never lived a bad area meaning this: guns don't equal crime. Beatings, stabbings (as you stated) and even petty theft, intimidation are all on the same list called crime. Taking all the guns away might mean lesser shootings...if that
The only people that anyone will ever take guns away from are honest citizens. Crooks will always have them...So there will be no less shootings in a bad area.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:21 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,086,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
The only people that anyone will ever take guns away from are honest citizens. Crooks will always have them...So there will be no less shootings in a bad area.
Precisely. And how these criminals are able to get such a handle on weapons I've only seen in armories is beyond me. But...I guess everybody knows somebody that knows somebody that knows somebody else

Old 11-20-2007, 10:21 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
Uh where in my post did it say that? Actually my post stated that paying officers $100k per year more than likely wouldn't change anything.

I never got that impression and clearly understood what you meant, don't know why it's so hard for others to understand.
I was just asking a question.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:26 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,974,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
who says or deems your way is right and ours is wrong?
The police, which is good enough for me. By the way, you're arguing with yourself again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
So if someone you don't know enters your home without permission, you will wait to see if he is threatening a life and not just property?
If someone I don't know enters my home without permission they are, by default, threatening my life and the lives of my family and I would not hesitate to meet that threat with deadly force. Why is this so hard to understand? Refer to "Castle Doctrine."

Old 11-20-2007, 10:33 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
Once again, you're mounting a counter-argument against your own and projecting it on others. NOWHERE in this thread does it say "We should ban all guns and give criminals hugs!!!" I, along with other RESPONSIBLE gun owners simply stated that we would only shoot if life and not property was threatened. Try actually reading posts instead of listening to the voices in your head. It sounds like you're having a hell of an argument with yourself.
Sheesh buddy, I was supporting you, up until now...and saying that I do understand where you are coming from...???????

but I don't and retract all my comments stating so, and defending you on this very hot topic...

you don't and will never win an argument or even come close to a compromise of agreement, by insulting someone as you do, because someone disagrees with you.....

That is a bully tactic, and is orchastrated by people who don't get their way, so insult someones character, tearing them to shreads...and try to divert them from the real issue at hand.

I'm sorry you feel like you have to be so cruel as to attack someone if they think differently then you do...unfortunately, sir, that is life and the name of the game, some of us agree, some of us don't, but on other subjects we're agreeable...but just because you think one way and I think another, doesn't make me an unsuitable human being...it's like now, I gotta agree with you or else...I think not!

Old 11-20-2007, 10:36 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,166,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Guns do not kill people...
This is one thing I'm soooooo tired of hearing.

Guns don't kill people, cars don't kill people, you can grow diseases in petrie dishes and those don't kill people either. Nothing kills people. Everyone should live forever because nothing kills people except other people.

Why don't we just give everyone 100 hand grenades because those don't kill people? Why can't everyone own a tank because tanks don't kill people?

Why are we so worried about other countries getting atomic weapons? Atomic weapons don't kill people. "People kill people." Isn't this the same argument?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies