Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2007, 12:30 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,116,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
I too am from New Jersey, am well armed, a darn good shot, a Democratic voter, and not afraid to use deadily force if necessary. I'm willing to bet you couldn't tell a shotgun shell from a .22 caliber round, wouldn't know where to find a safety on a firearm or how to operate it, and that you do most of your "killing" while playing SOCOM with your friends online.

What's "socom"?

I have used guns before, but not to the extent of saying that I am an expert in firearms or one that could call himself a gun enthusiast. I am for the 2nd amendment and think the public has a right to defend itself when they feel in danger. I plan on purchasing a gun for protection of my home and family and will, of course, take some target practice lessons. I have no faith in today's justice system because there are no more punishments given, only excuses.

As to your're incorrect assumption of me, I wonder what gave you your idea and why you would post such garbage, tough guy? Why are you well armed? You use an uzi to kill deer?

Old 11-20-2007, 12:42 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,971,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
As to your're incorrect assumption of me, I wonder what gave you your idea and why you would post such garbage, tough guy? Why are you well armed? You use an uzi to kill deer?
Easy there fella, you're the one making yourself out to be the stone cold killer, not me. I regard the decision to end another human being's life to save my own or someone elses one that carries great weight. You on the other hand purport to be able to snuff out someone else's life as nonchalantly as ordering a pizza.

I'm well armed in the sense that I have a variety of firearms for a variety of purposes-target shooting, hunting, and home defense. I do not own any automatic weapons nor do I need any. A 12 gauge shotgun with a pistol grip and a handgun are all one needs for close quarters home defense.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:49 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,241,750 times
Back on the subject...I am glad this man in Texas did what he did, it certainly does make a statement that the people of the U.S. are certainly getting tired of those who call themselves our leaders, making decissions for their own personal gains.....

Old 11-20-2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I agree in every word you have written....and yes, he uses personal attacks and insults to try and win his argument...
We'll just agree to disagree then. You think the punishment for theft should be death and I don't. I believe that deadly force is only an appropriate response when life is threatened. That's it, plain and simple. That being said I hope some kid never swipes a lawn ornament from your house on mischief night. It'd be a shame to go to that funeral...

Old 11-20-2007, 01:04 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,241,750 times
Quote:
We'll just agree to disagree then. You think the punishment for theft should be death and I don't. I believe that deadly force is only an appropriate response when life is threatened. That's it, plain and simple. That being said I hope some kid never swipes a lawn ornament from your house on mischief night. It'd be a shame to go to that funeral...
I would certainly agree to disagree if you would't keep throwing in personal insults as such...

and so, I am certainly appreciative of the fact that I am not, nor never will be your wife...
you have insulted me & others here, to the highest degree possible, just to prove your point...dirty pool...so, I hope your happy...

that being said, I believe in deadly force to, but would not shoot a kid taking a lawn ornament...and this topic was not about that...or nowhere near...and the men that were shot were not kids....and they were not stealing a lawn ornament....they were breaking into a home...they deserved to be shot....

and the very reason why many of us, wouldn't think of breaking into someone else's home. You risk getting shot...or worse....period.

but something tells me, your going to come back and have the last word by other insults and put downs....your that kind, are you not?

I've know several people in my life like you, and there is no compromise..sorry to say.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and I am certainly appreciative of the fact that I am not, nor never will be your wife...
Wow, that's creepy. I never proposed marriage to anyone over the internet before! lol I think its about time I sign off from this thread anyway. I heard someone just lifted a pack of chicklets from the drug store across the street. Time to send them to their maker

Old 11-20-2007, 01:17 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,116,022 times
[quote=theroc5156;2050342]
Quote:
Easy there fella, you're the one making yourself out to be the stone cold killer, not me. I regard the decision to end another human being's life to save my own or someone elses one that carries great weight. You on the other hand purport to be able to snuff out someone else's life as nonchalantly as ordering a pizza.
And how do I purport to do that? How can you make a stupid observation like this just by reading a post? Do you have some gift that nobody else does?? You assumed I act a certain way because it was convenient for you. Nothing else.

If it's your life in danger, and I mean REAL danger, and the only way you can get out of it is killing another one, then there is no weight. You can feel guilty later and I am sure people do. I would. I would also feel mad that I was put in that predicament.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:34 PM

294 posts, read 437,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsteved View Post
I think many would be surprised at how quickly the tune would change of the people in this thread who think this is justified in a moral sense (not a legal one) if the burglars happened to be one of their children who happened to be hanging around with the wrong crowd or was a criminal him/herself...

They will deny that their opinion would change, and I would call BS and would be right...I pray it does not happen to them.
i call BS on this, i would be very distraught and sad that my son was stupid enough to get caught up in this....and he died becasue of it, but i would not hate or think the shooter was wrong in this case...

but that is all circumstancial on how i would feel in a shooting of my kid...

but if he was commiting a crime, and died in the process...its not the person who killed hims fault

Old 11-20-2007, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
You can "oh please" me all you want, and even conjure up anecdotal stories all day. I never said the system is perfect. But trust me when I say that you don't want to live in a society without the procedural safeguards you surmise are the tools of "bloodsucking vampires" unless, say, Mexico is your idea of a well-functioning criminal justice system. And don't tell me the law does not protect the innocent. The whole criminal justice system exists for the purpose of protecting the interests of the innocent.
it is suppose to but that has to hell in a hand basket...

Old 11-20-2007, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
This is simply a "what if" everyone can do that, but it gets in the way of the facts. I've had my house broken into, nothing that was taken is worth a person's life. And eventually you do get over it, you're more cautious, but you get over it.

As the folk singer Greg Brown says: We have no knowledge/ and so we have stuff/ Stuff without knowledge is never enough.
yes it is. its the principal behind somebody taking stuff from you that is worth a persons life..

apparently we have different principles....

and the quote to suggest ignorance by people who value items is a cheap shot.

I would kill somebody who broke into my house and was stealing something i intendeed to throw away the next day...why becasue it is mine and they are trying to take it from me.

p.s. i would still throw it away the next day too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.