Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2013, 10:23 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,251,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
The driver of the SUV should have been charged with fleeing the accident.
He had good reason to "flee".

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 10:41 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,251,551 times
Quote:
This doesn't really apply to all groups.
What are you talking about?

This is a SPECIFIC incident.

Quote:
The NYPD treats people differently based on race and skin color.
And the NYPD was involved in during or after the fact that some guy got pulled out of his car and beat up?

Quote:
If the family in the SUV was black, everyone would be asking, why didn't he stop.
Grow up.

The skin color or culture of the SUV driver has NOTHING to do with what the a-hole bikers did.

Or are you saying, had the RR SUV driver been the same skin color of the moronic bikers (all of them - black, half black, kinda white, sorta puerto rican, a little italian, some white, a little polish), they might had given him a pass? Should they have asked first? Or did they just see Asian dude in expensive car and decide to mess with him? Ask them why they braked and got their behinds run over. And take note of their skin color and how black they are or are not.

You're either uniformed about the issue or are just trying to claim "everyone hates black people". Grow the FU. This is NOT a black issue.

Quote:
I believe a black man or black woman would definitely be charged with fleeing the scene of an accident. No one would give them the benefit of the doubt or state that they had a right to flee, out of fear.
No words. Nothing.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:27 PM

436 posts, read 755,483 times
"The irony in this case is that Edwin Mieses [Jr.] was trying to help calm people down, and to help Mr. Lien and his family," said celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred, who is representing Mieses and his relatives.

Mieses, who has a 6-page record and has been barred a license till 2017, is the Angel trying to calm everyone down.
Why would the suv driver need help? Help calm people down? Calm who down? An angry group of bikers who were slashing the SUV's tires, and thrashing Lien's car (which by the way, you can see as some people have posted a breakdown of the video, and analyzing pictures of Lien's SUV).
Could it be that Lien and his family were being threatened? If several dozen bikers, most of whom don't have licenses plates (one of whom, intentionally break in front of you) to stop you, then surround you with your wife and 2-year old kid, while slashing your tires... Are you kidding?

Jerome Davis, is a motorcyclist who says he was riding with the biker group from the SUV chase speaks to Erin Burnett about what he saw. "SUV driver was a maniac"

Last I knew, the 200 calls to 911 on that day (including the calls from the SUV family), were complaining of how the biker's were driving like maniacs. The guy who intentionally slows down to stop Lien was clearly negligent, and is still riding fine after the collision (or rather tapped from behind) (see the video).

If Lien was driving like a maniac before hand, take his license plate and call the police. I wonder if there was one biker that had the common sense to do that? Oh, wait a minute... 5 of the bikers were off-duty officers. And they did not think of intervening because what? Because they were all undercover?

And I saw the video. Yeah, I would be driving like a maniac too.
Heck, I would be breaking 0 to 60 mph records, if I was surrounded... by a fraction of bikers that surround Mr. Lien. Add having my wife and child in the car, and seeing someone slash one of my tires... you would be seeing sound-breaking white halo shockwaves coming from my car.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:53 PM

436 posts, read 755,483 times
Quote:
This doesn't really apply to all groups.

The NYPD treats people differently based on race and skin color. If the family in the SUV was black, everyone would be asking, why didn't he stop. I believe a black man or black woman would definitely be charged with fleeing the scene of an accident. No one would give them the benefit of the doubt or state that they had a right to flee, out of fear.

CityGirl332,
Are you sure that you are not treating this differently based on race and skin color as you are now raising the race card. If the family in the SUV was black, can I assume that you would be thinking that the black family was justified.

Don't get me wrong. Do I think that there is still racism in America? Yes, I do. Do I think this exists in the judicial system? Yes, I do.
But, I don't care if the family was white, black, purple, green, whatever. How could any sane person not react the same way?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:32 AM

7,808 posts, read 6,386,331 times
Quote:

Perhaps if the bikers pulled out their licenses and insurance information instead of knives, he would have not had to flee.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:20 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,528,507 times
Even the Hells Angels have now condemned the bikers' actions against Lien:

Former Hells Angels leader slams New York beating after motorcycle chase | Fox News

Old 10-05-2013, 09:23 AM

29,433 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It seems like a stupid game to play if you end up in the hospital or in a wheel chair. Luckily for that SUV driver he showed extreme restraint in his trying to get away after he was forced to take off when they first attacked his vehicle. He showed no aggressive maneuvering when he could easily have injured or killed some of his pursuers/attackers.
Its a shame they had to force him into that situation and its also unfortunate he ended up getting attacked. I hope he sues the entire group and at east some of those riders are sent to prison.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes... something this thug learned the hard way.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Are you serious or just trolling ? You are allowed to leave the scene if it is not safe to stay. I do not know the exact details but if they had the police on the phone they are covered.

In my CPL class we were told that if you had to use deadly force to stop the situation the first thing you do before you call the police to make sure you are safe.. If this means driving a block away so be it.
Where do these people come from ?!??!

Old 10-05-2013, 09:55 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,470,526 times
At Least 5 Off-Duty NYPD Officers Were Among The Bikers That Witnessed The Attack - And DID NOTHING To Stop It!!!

Two detectives and three other officers, all off-duty, witnessed the attack

A number of off-duty corrections officers may also have been present

Old 10-05-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
At Least 5 Off-Duty NYPD Officers Were Among The Bikers That Witnessed The Attack - And DID NOTHING To Stop It!!!

Two detectives and three other officers, all off-duty, witnessed the attack

A number of off-duty corrections officers may also have been present
Pretty sad isn't that ? Thought when you became a LEO you take an oath... guess that doesn't really matter to them does it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies