Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 12:02 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

He called the cops - that was his first mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 12:16 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
I'm confused.

Was the Suv driver trying to get away because he hit one of the bikers?

If he did,he actually provoked it.
Next,he lost the fight.

Not sure why some are mentioning guns???
Why? Because he lost?

Old 10-01-2013, 12:48 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
They should be illegal for noise pollution if nothing else. But it isn't just a few bad apples. I actually do this experiment every time I see a motorcycle. You can't follow one for more than 5 minutes without seeing it complete at least one serious moving violation. When I install the dashcam in my vehicle I'm going to prove this empirically. You show me a motorcyclist and I'll show you a person who has complete disrespect for everyone else on the road, including pedestrians. The majority of gun owners I've seen are very responsible, motorcyclists are not.
Motorcyclists -- at least if they want to stay alive -- understand that there's no such thing as a fender-bender, and ride accordingly. Sometimes that means accelerating quickly away from a group of cars, because -- as any rider will tell you -- cars are out to get us.

Please do yourself and me a favor and don't ever come to California. Or, if you do, don't rent a car and drive around, because you will see motorcyclists doing things that are illegal in the other 49 states, and if you're paying close attention you will also see other motorists cooperating with them. Because California drivers understand that every rider on a motorcycle means one less driver in a car.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:52 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Sad just sad

Old 10-01-2013, 08:37 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
I'm not a liberal. I'm an independent moderate and I'm not sticking up for the criminals.

First and foremost priority is to ensure the safety of your family, not to take the law into your own hands. That's dangerous, stupid, and extremely irresponsible.
adiosT: what would YOU have done if you were in that situation?

Old 10-01-2013, 08:45 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm confused.

Next,he lost the fight.

Not sure why some are mentioning guns???
Why? Because he lost?
The bikers surrounded him after cutting him off merging onto the highway and taking up all the lanes of travel as seen in the beginning of the video. The biker in front of the SUV then brake checked the SUV and he bumped the bike from behind. Everyone came to a stop and of course, the bikers were upset because of what they caused and they wanted to take it out on the SUV driver. They surrounded his SUV and tried to gain access so he sped away running over the bike that he had bumped. They slashed a tire or 2 of the SUV while he got away and they chased him down until he got stuck in traffic then they bashed in the windows of his vehicle, pulled him out and beat him in front of his wife and kid.

He didn't provoke anything, he fell victim to the pack mentality found often in the crotch rocket groups that you saw in this video. A couple well placed .45 apc rounds could have given this guy a chance to escape his attackers.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:48 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Yeah because taking the law into your own hands is far more important than protecting your family and ensuring their safety.
He had a traffic accident with 1 biker and stopped. The bikers started to break out his windows and spike his tires. He had a 2yo in the back seat so he tried to drive away but was stopped by the flat tires. So at that point they beat him.

What do you do in that overall situation?

Old 10-01-2013, 08:50 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times
Follow up:

New York man celebrating first anniversary with wife, child, brutally beaten by motorcycle gang | Fox News

Quote:
Lien’s first encounter with the bikers shows a group of them taking off their helmets and denting the side of Lien’s SUV, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly told The Post. A few other riders slashed the tires. Lien apparently panicked and stepped on the gas. He was surrounded at the time and slammed into a few of the riders, the report said.

One of the motorcycle riders struck by Lien may be left a paraplegic, the report said.
“My son just got out of surgery. Now we have to contend with his situation that he will never walk again,” the injured man’s father, Rev. Edwin Mieses posted on Facebook, The Daily News reported.
So we should feel any pity whatsoever for the good Reverend's son? I guess he was on his way to a church social when he was unexpectedly trapped in front of that raging maniac in the SUV?

Old 10-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The bikers surrounded him after cutting him off merging onto the highway and taking up all the lanes of travel as seen in the beginning of the video. The biker in front of the SUV then brake checked the SUV and he bumped the bike from behind. Everyone came to a stop and of course, the bikers were upset because of what they caused and they wanted to take it out on the SUV driver. They surrounded his SUV and tried to gain access so he sped away running over the bike that he had bumped. They slashed a tire or 2 of the SUV while he got away and they chased him down until he got stuck in traffic then they bashed in the windows of his vehicle, pulled him out and beat him in front of his wife and kid.

He didn't provoke anything, he fell victim to the pack mentality found often in the crotch rocket groups that you saw in this video. A couple well placed .45 apc rounds could have given this guy a chance to escape his attackers.
Exactly, you can clearly see the bikers attempting to prevent any other vehicles from entering the freeway. During the chase, they passed by several on ramps which had other bikers stopped on them waiting to do the same thing to other drivers. It looked like they were trying to do a freeway version of what the hipster bicyclist dbags call corking.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:52 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm confused.

Those bikers aren't exactly "riding responsibly".

There is a reason about 1 in 40 supersport riders die EACH year.

And that over 3/4 of motorcycle fatalities are operator error.

If you are an experienced, safe rider then yeah...it's the cars that are the big threat.
For the rest of the riders, they are their own worst enemy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies