Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 07:23 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Are people seriously thinking that as of tomorrow they can go to any doctor and get free health care.

I have heard ins. Brokers on the radio stating they can't even login to the comp. themselves so how can they even enter new clients.

Diane Sawyer was interviewing a few people with pre existing conditions who hardly can't wait to get the new health care since they stated it is great to get it for free....

If it wasn't so sad it would almost be hilarious to see they huge mess that will start tomorrow....

Even though I'm a republican I hope there will not be a government shut down so we can see in full force the huge mess....
Does anyone, seriously, think they're getting health care for free???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 07:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The answer is yes. ER's do not turn away people.
The IRS can only get the penalty from your tax return refund.

There's no true punishment for not having health insurance.
You cannot be jailed and they cannot refuse you medical treatment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
So that person actually does have free health care. Just not free health care insurance..
ERs can turn people away if they are not in a life or limb threatening condition or in active labor. Even then, they are only required to stabilize the person so they can be transferred to a charitable hospital. They also can and will bill for their services. This nutty idea that ERs provide free care to anyone is an urban legend. I have posted links on this so many times I'm not going to do it again.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:11 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Look, there was never a promise of free healthcare. The exchanges were always presented as 50 different state marketplaces of private insurance companies.

Now as an actual fact, based on the subsidy calculator at kaiser, depending on your income, family size, the health insurance plan picked, etc, some people will qualify for health insurance that costs nothing per month.

But there was never a promise of free. Only a promise of affordable.
So, Did you miss this or .. Just ignore it?

Quote:
Even as President Obama and his administration are making a last minute push to encourage enrollment in Obamacare, a quiet change was made on the Healthcare.gov website regarding those who will still not be able to afford coverage after the program kicks in. From at least June 26, 2013 to as recently as September 15, under the topic, "Where can I get free or low-cost care in my community?" the following statement appeared: "If you can't afford any health plan, you can get free or low-cost health and dental care at a nearby community health center." Here is how the page in question appeared:

Quote:
However, sometime between September 16 and September 23, the reference to "free" care was dropped. The title of the topic was changed as well, and now reads: "Where can I get low-cost care in my community?" Here is how the page currently appears:

Quote:
The page in question is not a new one, as the webpage's Internet address remains the same, still containing the word "free": http://www.healthcare.gov/where-can-...low-cost-care/. *However, there is no notation anywhere on the page that it was revised; the change just appeared unannounced.

Other changes include dropping references to "dental" care and the availability of "prescription drugs," as well as exchanging the phrase "specialized care for more serious conditions" for the milder "referrals to specialized care."
Obamacare Website Quietly Deletes Reference to 'Free Health Care' | The Weekly Standard

How many more 'Lies' is it going to take?

Old 10-01-2013, 08:20 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I pay zero for insurance AND my taxes are lower. Corporate tax in Canada is almost 20 percent less then USA (16.5& vs. 35%), and personal tax is comparable or less depending on the jurisdiction. Plus Canada, will be out of deficit by 2015, and start paying down debt.

And Canadians live longer.
You also commit suicide at twice the rate we do.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:32 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post

Obamacare Website Quietly Deletes Reference to 'Free Health Care' | The Weekly Standard

I didn't miss anything. The new healthcare law was never sold to the public as free. Or you'd be able to find LOTS of references and quotes that this will be free health care.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
I didn't miss anything. The new healthcare law was never sold to the public as free. Or you'd be able to find LOTS of references and quotes that this will be free health care.
Well .. You could be right.

Maybe it was only the White House web site posting 'Free' or Low cost Health care that got the Obamabots (lefties/libs/dims/communists/fascists) running around yelling .. Where's My 'Free' Healthcare"?
(The same one's with Free Obama phones)

Those of us with a brain already knew that Nothing is Free!

And before you jump in .. I know Obummer didn't start the Free Obama phone deal but .. Isn't it something how the low/no information voters associate the word Free with Obama?

Old 10-01-2013, 09:23 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The republicans biggest fear is that obamacare will work lol
Yeah right, because everything big government does is such a huge success. The only way obamacare will "work" is if you define "work" as raise healthcare costs for everyone, especially the people who have already been paying for their healthcare, and drive even more doctors to other professions.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:00 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Well .. You could be right.

Maybe it was only the White House web site posting 'Free' or Low cost Health care that got the Obamabots (lefties/libs/dims/communists/fascists) running around yelling .. Where's My 'Free' Healthcare"?
(The same one's with Free Obama phones)

Those of us with a brain already knew that Nothing is Free!

And before you jump in .. I know Obummer didn't start the Free Obama phone deal but .. Isn't it something how the low/no information voters associate the word Free with Obama?
You have to be logical. If the new healthcare bill was sold as free healthcare you'd find lots of references and quotes that supported that claim, yet those things don't exist. And all you have is a link on a website page that doesn't exist.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
You have to be logical. If the new healthcare bill was sold as free healthcare you'd find lots of references and quotes that supported that claim, yet those things don't exist. And all you have is a link on a website page that doesn't exist.
Just trolling or are you looking for a serious discussion?

The link is fine .. I suspect it's the user that's the problem.

Do a Google search!

You don't need my link anyway!
It isn't a secret that those screen shots came directly from the Governments own site!

I'm done!

Old 10-02-2013, 01:14 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:

It's not really an affordable care act. It's an affordable insurance act (a boon for the insurance industry for sure). There has always been free/low cost care available. You just couldn't go to the doctor of your choice. There are free clinics and hospitals that treat the indigent.

When my brother was a baby he had to have GG shots three times a week (he was born with a non functional immune system). Back then you just carried major medical so things like ongoing injections were not covered (Which brings us to the real reason insurance is so expensive today. Today, a hangnail is covered.). So, once a week, we made a trip down to the free clinic to pick up his GG and delivered it to our doctor's office so we could bring him in for his injections. There were many times when the doctor just told my mom to forget the fee for the visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies