Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2013, 12:11 PM

31,989 posts, read 34,536,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
We have conversed on CD before and have been involved in threads in the Americas forum. You are aware of my heritage. Why don't you share your heritage?
No, I am not aware of your heritage because you always go to great pains to conceal it. It's clear that my heritage is Barbadian. The "Yankee" part means that I'm an American of Barbadian ancestry. Hence "BajanYankee."

Now...why don't you share your heritage? You could at least give the first letter of the country.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
As stated, not sure why it comes as a surprise to you that I would state that in the present, it depends. Some random person on the internet is not going to change my life experiences...LOL.
So whether the majority of African Americans in this country are Protestant "depends" on your life experiences?

You've never even said where you live. It sure as hell ain't the Tri-State. Not Florida either.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:17 PM

15,066 posts, read 6,144,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
No, I am not aware of your heritage because you always go to great pains to conceal it. It's clear that my heritage is Barbadian. The "Yankee" part means that I'm an American of Barbadian ancestry. Hence "BajanYankee."

Now...why don't you share your heritage? You could at least give the first letter of the country.
I'll just let you act as though you are unaware.

Quote:
So whether the majority of African Americans in this country are Protestant "depends" on your life experiences?

You've never even said where you live. It sure as hell ain't the Tri-State. Not Florida either.
No one is speaking about your so-called "examples."

Old 10-07-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
I'll just let you act as though you are unaware.

No one is speaking about your so-called "examples."
You're not West Indian. Shhh...what's that? It's that sound of your credibility going down the toilet.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:22 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,786,749 times
Wow caribdoll, why won't you state your heritage?

Weird that you won't. Most West Indians, even 2nd and 3rd generation are proud of their heritage.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:22 PM

15,066 posts, read 6,144,174 times
Quote:
You're not West Indian. Shhh...what's that? It's that sound of your credibility going down the toilet.
Trying so hard but failing...guess my screen name didn't click in your mind. Too busy assimilating that it missed you.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:08 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,800,275 times
Most Caribbeans look black,so that is what they are perceived as.
Same with Africans.

Try going into the middle of Alabama or Iowa. If you are unsure what you are perceived as,they will let you know with a quickness!

Some one else is West Indian that I had no idea of....the Security advisor Susan Rice.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:09 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,800,275 times
I know Caribdoll has said she is Carribean with African and Indian(as in from India) heritage.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Same with Africans.

Try going into the middle of Alabama or Iowa. If you are unsure what you are perceived as,they will let you know with a quickness!

Some one else is West Indian that I had no idea of....the Security advisor Susan Rice.
Yeah, I bet President Obama wishes he lived in the world that caribdoll occupies.

I didn't know she was West Indian. I know her father is from the South.

Quote:
I know Caribdoll has said she is Carribean with African and Indian(as in from India) heritage.
That's the most common combination in the Caribbean (e.g., Tatyana Ali, Nicki Minaj). Note that both of my examples consider themselves to be African American.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:17 PM

600 posts, read 658,370 times
Quote:
Same with Africans.

nope, sorry...

there is a definite phenotypic difference between most Black Americans and Caribbeans or Africans.

we Black Americans have been highly 'mixed' through out the years with white (mostly Irish) and Native American blood to varying degrees...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.