Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 10:59 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
You can't just go anywhere you want on government land. That's not how it works.

When the shutdown is over, try getting into a national park without paying the entry fee and see how that works out.
It's always been easy. Do you really believe they have a big fence around all the national parks? It's almost as easy as it is for millions sneaking over the southern border.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:02 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Unlike all the fat Tea Party weekend warrior types who probably haven't done anything besides car camping in years...
Who do you think actually goes camping? You don't see many liberals out hiking and camping. Who would put their tents up for them?

Old 10-03-2013, 11:06 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,001,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Who do you think actually goes camping? You don't see many liberals out hiking and camping. Who would put their tents up for them?
Not to mention that liberals can't use their Obamaphones out in the wilderness.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:12 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,052,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

LOL you are kidding right. What a silly thing to say. Do you actually poll people out camping to see if they are liberals or conservatives. No you don't, therefore you have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:15 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,354,404 times
If Yellowstone is on your agenda, be aware that the grizzlies have all come down out of the mountains to do their yearly gorge. It's legal to carry guns now in Yellowstone- a 3 year old girl killed herself with her daddy's gun there about a month ago- but the last guy who had a griz encounter ended up with a broken and chewed up leg, even though he killed the bear. The rangers found him before he died, but he was in bad shape.

The elk and moose rut is also going on right now, and both, as well as the bison, have killed and/or injured more park visitors than the bears over the years.

I live close to Yellowstone. I've hiked there since I was a kid, and have run trail horses in Hayden Valley. I know lots of trails and logging roads that will get a person inside the park's boundaries.

I would worry more about getting injured right now more than anything, as there aren't any rangers on patrol, and it's a hell of a place to get out of without their help. A good GPS won't help any if you get busted up.

In addition, a blizzard is forecast in the next few days, and Yellowstone will get a foot of snow or more. Sneaking in will be no problem, but getting back out could take a while, and if you fail, it's possible that they will eventually find your scattered bones sometime next spring. It happens every year.

Last edited by banjomike; 10-03-2013 at 11:24 PM..

Old 10-03-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Not to mention that liberals can't use their Obamaphones out in the wilderness.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any cell phone can be used when there is no signal. So what does your post have to do with anything

Old 10-03-2013, 11:19 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
If Yellowstone is on your agenda, be aware that the grizzlies have all come down out of the mountains to do their yearly gorge. It's legal to carry guns now in Yellowstone- a 3 year old girl killed herself with her daddy's gun there about a month ago- but the last guy who had a griz encounter ended up with a broken and chewed up leg, even though he killed the bear.

The elk and moose rut is also going on right now, and both, as well as the bison, have killed and/or injured more park visitors than the bears over the years.

I live close to Yellowstone. I've hiked there since I was a kid, and have ridden horses in Hayden Valley. I would worry more about getting injured right now more than anything, as there aren't any rangers on patrol, and it's a hell of a place to get out of without their help.

In addition, a blizzard is forecast in the next few days, and Yellowstone will get a foot of snow or more. Sneaking in will be no problem, but getting back out could take a while, and if you fail, they'll eventually find your scattered bones sometime next spring. It happens every year.
So in other words we should all encourage the OP to go to Yellowstone.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:19 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,001,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any cell phone can be used when there is no signal.
Harrier already said that.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier already said that.
But you made a point of saying liberal cell phones instead of just all cellphones. So no you didn't already say that.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:29 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Explain how an open air memorial which has no fees, tickets, or registrations required, can logically be shut down due to a furlough of government workers who aren't required to collect fees, give out tickets, or verify registrations. Once you do that, feel free to scream about hypocrisy.
Portable steel barricades. Washington is full of 'em. When the memorial was exempted, a front end loader came and loaded the barricades up. The lady ranger arrived at the same time.

The Brave Sir Robin Representative from Texas wasn't so brave after some young people who were assisting the old vets started yelling at him for bullying the park ranger. He split pretty fast when he got a little opposition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies