Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2013, 10:04 AM

850 posts, read 1,026,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
A. they have no idea when they'll get a paycheck again. B. many are going into work & working without pay. C. they SHOULD get backpay. This shutdown is not their fault IN THE LEAST. Why do you people continually rag on government workers? They're workers, just like anyone else. Get over it.
northnut - did you read these lines in my post?

" Geez, isn't that basically vacation time with a measure of uncertainty?
Will the non-furloughed employees get some extra pay as well? Will the "volunteers"? They did work after all."

Old 10-07-2013, 10:04 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
Obama shuts down Amber Alert. The press finds out and starts to report on it. Obama quickly reopens Amber Alert before more people find out what an ass he is. And then the left wing pretends it never happened, lol.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:05 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayway View Post
northnut - did you read this line in my post?

"Will the non-furloughed employees get some extra pay as well? Will the "volunteers"? They did work after all."
Yes, and? Nothing about the rest of my post? You're the one who called it a "vacation".

Old 10-07-2013, 10:06 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I provided the link, but if you're now going to suggest I broke federal law and fake used the DOJ logo, then please by all means turn me in.. I'll sit here waiting for them to come get me..
You provided a link that works fine.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:07 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Obama shuts down Amber Alert. The press finds out and starts to report on it. Obama quickly reopens Amber Alert before more people find out what an ass he is. And then the left wing pretends it never happened, lol.
Obama isn't shutting anything down, Congress is shutting things down by not agreeing to keep the government running.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:07 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Of course they grow something - the dependent class.
Yep, that will be Obama's legacy. He grew the dependent class. Now that's something to be proud of <sarcasm>

Old 10-07-2013, 10:13 AM

850 posts, read 1,026,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Yes, and? Nothing about the rest of my post? You're the one who called it a "vacation".
Well full pay with no work is pretty much vacation. And if they were just like "other workers" then they should get a reduced compensation amount aka unemployment payments. That's what happens to private sector workers when their companies close down though "not their fault IN THE LEAST."

Old 10-07-2013, 10:14 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayway View Post
Well full pay with no work is pretty much vacation. And if they were just like "other workers" then they should get a reduced compensation amount aka unemployment payments.
Mmmm, ok. Let's see. Do you think they're NOT worried about when they're getting paid again? As I said before, they SHOULD receive backpay. Blame CONGRESS for this. Why are you people so bullheaded about it? Logic states, this is the problem of CONGRESS, not all those federal employees on the receiving end of these furloughs. Don't let facts get in the way though.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:20 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Obama isn't shutting anything down, Congress is shutting things down by not agreeing to keep the government running.
Show me the vote where Congress reopened Amber Alert this morning.

Obama is playing a game and getting caught.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:22 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,011 times
Just read that with the Govt shutdown the Armed Forces Network isn't working.
For those that don't know AFN broadcasts sporting events (like most NFL Games) and other TV shows to the troops overseas. Even things like UFC, WWE, etc Pay Per Views are broadcast live.

It's not the worst thing in the world, but it kind of sucks for the troops that one of the things that might actually entertain or even comfort them has been taken away from them.

Strange how the GOP views the government as so useless that they can just shut it down when they don't get their way, and yet they don't care how the lack of government affects the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies