Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2013, 02:50 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by synch390 View Post
It now makes sense why the republicans keep saying that no one wants the new healthcare law, and why Boehner won't budge. Scary stuff! How the Kochs and their Friends Engineered the Federal Shutdown, Part One | Eric Zuesse
Excellent article, thanks for posting this.
It really answers the question asked in the other thread regarding why people feel as they do toward the Koch brothers.
Looking forward to part 2.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:51 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama's budget proposal had tax increases in it, (if I recall one of your previous postings indicated its over $1 TRILLION in new taxes)

tax increases cant increase in the Senate.. Why dont you return to 5th grade...
The clean bill doesn't increase taxes, you can't be that stupid, do you need me to hold your hand and explain this to you?

Old 10-07-2013, 02:51 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
That's a great POLITICAL strategy, but the problem with it is that it does nothing to help real Americans who are really getting hammered by a bad piece of legislation.

They're actually doing the right thing for a change. It's strange.
Really? How are they getting hammered?

LOL, this shutdown has proven how utterly incompetent, irrational & ultimately completely unhinged conservatives are. I mean seriously, just reading the posts today makes me laugh at the absurdity of how over the top the conservatives have become. Perhaps take some valium. The conservatives have turned into a bunch of flapping flock of chickens running around w/their heads cut off. I'm actually embarrassed for the whole lot of them. Hey guys, you asked for it, you got it. Go cry in your cups over it.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:52 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Well on CNN this morning I see Obama has cancelled Christmass Only the forest service can cut down the National Tree

Such an IDIOT he is....
The National Mall is closed ..... but not for the big Immigration Reform Rally tomorrow that is being hosted by the Unions.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:54 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Really? How are they getting hammered?

LOL, this shutdown has proven how utterly incompetent, irrational & ultimately completely unhinged conservatives are. I mean seriously, just reading the posts today makes me laugh at the absurdity of how over the top the conservatives have become. Perhaps take some valium. The conservatives have turned into a bunch of flapping flock of chickens running around w/their heads cut off. I'm actually embarrassed for the whole lot of them. Hey guys, you asked for it, you got it. Go cry in your cups over it.
Well, if you knew more people that actually work for a living or even run small businesses, you'd have a clue as to what I'm talking about.

Obviously you don't. That's not your fault, it's merely a reflection on the kinds of folks you surround yourself with.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:55 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The clean bill doesn't increase taxes, you can't be that stupid, do you need me to hold your hand and explain this to you?
The Senate hasnt had a vote on ANYTHING for a week.. NOT ONE vote.. where is this clean bill vote in the Senate you claim took place.. The only one I'm aware of, only funds the government for a month.. yaaa Democratic failures on display.. lets not fix anything, lets just kick it down the road..

So what you're saying is the Senate is crying like a little baby because they want it their way, or the american public can go to hell, and your friends kid, can DIE because they cant get their test from the CDC..

577 posts, read 512,390 times
Quote:
That's a great POLITICAL strategy, but the problem with it is that it does nothing to help real Americans who are really getting hammered by a bad piece of legislation.

They're actually doing the right thing for a change. It's strange.
I don't feel that causing this much chaos "doing the right thing". The ACA is law, and needs to play out so that we can see who is right or wrong. If things are bad after it getting rolling, that is the time to make amendments through the legislative process. Nobody on either side has a crystal ball and knows the outcome of the ACA, just a lot of opinions on what it will do. I prefer that the legislative process is allowed to work the way it was intended. Stop delaying the vote on a clean CR in the House, and get things moving along again.

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Default Obama admin blocks off roadside turn-out areas to prevent people from viewing Mt. Rushmore

When I first heard this one, I figured it had to be a joke. Come on, nobody could get that petty.

Turns out it's true. Along various public roadways with a view of Mt. Rushmore, there are wide spots beside the road where people could pull in, stop safely, and shoot pictures.

Not any more. The Fed govt has coned off many of those viewing areas, starting on Oct. 1 (the first day of the govt shutdown). Now you can only stay in the through lanes, and drive on past. No stopping.

Some wag cobbled up a "picture" of giant helicopters shrouding the carvings of the four Presidents on the mountain, with a giant sheet - an obvious photoshop job. Snopes.com says that one's a lie, in case anyone hadn't already figured it out: No giant helicopters have tried to shroud the mountain with a sheet.

They only coned off the safe-stopping areas.

-----------------------------------------

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...tirs-anger-S-D-

Mount Rushmore blockage stirs anger in South Dakota

Barring visitors from view an unexpected effect of shutdown
Oct. 5, 2013 |

Blocking access to trails and programs at South Dakota’s most popular attraction was one thing, but state officials didn’t expect Congress’ budget stalemate to shut down a view of Mount Rushmore.

The National Park Service placed cones along highway viewing areas outside Mount Rushmore this week, barring visitors from pulling over and taking pictures of the famed monument.

The cones first went up Oct. 1, said Dusty Johnson, Gov. Dennis Daugaard’s chief of staff. The state asked that they be taken down, and federal officials did so with some of them. The state was told the cones were a safety precaution to help channel cars into viewing areas rather than to bar their entrance.

“I think reasonable people can disagree about that,” Johnson said.

“It’s all closed up,” the newspaper quoted North Collins, N.Y., resident Hilde Werneth as saying. “They won’t even let you stop and take a picture. You can only drive by.”

4,131 posts, read 7,444,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The National Mall is closed ..... but not for the big Immigration Reform Rally tomorrow that is being hosted by the Unions.

It should be closed to everyone, including immigration reform rallies.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:56 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Well, if you knew more people that actually work for a living or even run small businesses, you'd have a clue as to what I'm talking about.

Obviously you don't. That's not your fault, it's merely a reflection on the kinds of folks you surround yourself with.
Everyone I know except for one person works for a living. Sorry to burst your bubble. Not one concern, not one complaint.

Sounds to me like you surround yourself with a bunch of whiny losers, eh?

So, let's do this again. What are they getting hammered over?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies