Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 10:07 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Apparently Obama can play the GOP like a fiddle because the GOP went along with "Obama's plan!"
Whatever - I'm just calling it as it is. Obama is on the hook for this.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:08 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Extortion is not negotiation.
ROFLMAO, you've been studying the democratic rhetoric but you forgot the childish name calling.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:09 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The media has their nose up Obama's ass and Obama knows it. How can anyone hear both sides with that. He negotiates with terrorist but acts like a dictator with Americans.
Some of us have actually mastered foreign languages and have made it a habit to access news from a variety of other nations. Doing so not only assures that we minimize internal political bias in the media, but it also tends to provide a fresh perspective.

Do you think that the foreign press also has its "nose up Obama's ass?" Why would they? And how did Obama accomplish this?

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Oooohhhh, Pittsburgh. Your reading comprehension (not to mentioned your ability to follow a conversation) has apparently suffered a trauma.

According to that link, 2/3rds of the folks who don't pay income taxes do pay payroll taxes. That reduces to 14.4% the percentage who pay neither. How could you possibly get that so wrong?
I never said they didnt pay other taxes, I said INCOME taxes.. Payroll taxes are NOT income taxes.

FAIL..
Quote:
But if you want to now move the goal posts and talk only about federal income taxes (when you originally offered no such qualification) the pathos is entirely yours.
Actually you moved the goal post when you displayed your ignorance in not comprehending the difference..
Quote:
Your desperate equivocation is not my problem. Please, argue with what I actually said rather than the voices in your head. I have never said we should "legislate by polls," I said we govern by polls, in that case pointing out that elections are polls.
We dont govern by polls either, if that was true, Obamacare wouldnt be law.. And considering govern = "make decisions about the law", I have to wonder if that isnt the same as legislating.. yes, yes it is..

MORE FAILURE
Quote:
What the hell does that have to do with this thread?
What does the fact that we dont legislation by polls, have to do with a thread discussing that we should legislate by polls, and you dont see how their related? Really, are you THAT dumb?
Quote:
Oooohhhh, Pittsburgh. Your reading comprehension (not to mentioned your ability to follow a conversation) has apparently suffered a trauma.

According to that link, 2/3rds of the folks who don't pay income taxes do pay payroll taxes. That reduces to 14.4% the percentage who pay neither. How could you possibly get that so wrong?
I never said they didnt pay other taxes, I said INCOME taxes.. Payroll taxes are NOT income taxes.

FAIL..
Quote:
But if you want to now move the goal posts and talk only about federal income taxes (when you originally offered no such qualification) the pathos is entirely yours.
Actually you moved the goal post when you displayed your ignorance in not comprehending the difference..
Quote:
Your desperate equivocation is not my problem. Please, argue with what I actually said rather than the voices in your head. I have never said we should "legislate by polls," I said we govern by polls, in that case pointing out that elections are polls.
We dont govern by polls either, if that was true, Obamacare wouldnt be law.. And considering govern = "make decisions about the law", I have to wonder if that isnt the same as legislating.. yes, yes it is..

MORE FAILURE
Quote:
Your ability to string together a coherent argument is experiencing difficulties. Nowhere in this thread have I indicated I am upset. In fact, those paying attention with more felicity might have concluded that I was actually gloating.

But yes, it would be fair to attribute the gloating to the poll.

I know you wish that were true. It would not slow down the self immolation of the Republican party either way.
So you're gloating that government is shut down, people are going to suffer, the world will end, old people will die, young people will starve, as long as you gain a few points for the Democrats? Remember, that is the argument Democrats made over a shut down..

3,674 posts, read 10,605,252 times
Is the purpose of the govt shutdown to stop spending money for which there is no appropriation? If so, why are we spending money to shutdown automatic services that have no expenditure other than maintance? The PandaCam is being shut down. Why? It runs by itself and unless it stops working and requires someone to get it going again it only consumes the electricity required to operate the camera and internet connection. The electric is not being shut down because the panda's would die if their climate control went offline. So we are paying extra to bring in someone to shut down something that is essentially costing nothing to leave alone.

We are shutting down the national parks. Ok, fine. I can see the sense in stopping all of the services that require manpower to provide until we have funding. Why are we using these people and more to man all the entrances to keep people out? Lock the gate and if someone sneaks in while the park it closed it is at their own risk. Why are we staffing extra people to guard the highway overlooks to keep people from looking at the park from the outside? The overlooks provide no services at all, so it is definitely more manpower to staff locations not normally staffed.

Just these two examples make it clear to me that the administration who has made these decisions is trying to punish the public to make an issue of denying them the use of public resources even if those resources require no govt resources.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Start a different thread if you want to chase that red herring.
No, YOU are the one who said that raising the debt ceiling was good for america, I'm asking how....

So now you cant answer?

AND YOU ARENT EVEN EMBARASSED BY THE STUPID CRAP YOU SAY.. Dont worry, I'm embarrassed for you...

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
The only real way to control the Dictator is to keep him away from the money.

Keep the government shut down until 2017.

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No I can see that both sides are playing the game of I want it all my way or I'll shut the gov down and they did it last night.
Is the Gov shut down? Yes
Did the GOP send a bill to senate for a vote? Yes
Did the senate without the least amount of discussion vote no? Yes
Did the senate threaten to vote no if any changes were made to the ACA? Yes
Both sides playing the same game.
Maybe you are so partisan that you refuse to accept that your party is equally guilty.
Remember the Majority of Americans do not support the ACA in its current form and yet the Dems absolutely refuse to change it.
It makes me sad that the nation is held hostage by the ruling elite of both parties.

Last night republicans made 3 attempts to get "one" thing that they want and Harry Reid and Obama said they would not negotiate. Obama says "I will not negotiate"

We are not a democracy, we are living in a dictatorship.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:11 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
It's not really a shutdown. It's "let's pick and choose who to make stay home but still get their pay" scenario.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Extortion is not negotiation.
Neither was passing Obamacare WITHOUT A SINGLE REPUBLICAN VOTE...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies