Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2013, 09:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times

Advertisements

I have not noticed the Federal Government was even shutdown. Just a bunch of talk.
Must mean we don't need the "non-essential" stuff the government has taken control over.

How hard is it to keep things equal among the states and protecting our own soil?
Remember when Federal Government only controlled 5% of the economy. Now @ 55% control they want more.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:56 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Why is it that the left has such a hard time acknowledging that.

Because we have an uninformed electorate and a "check the polls" administration. As long as the uninformed masses stay that way, and the MNM perpetuates the lie, they have nothing to lose.

No wonder they'd love to control the internet.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:57 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,476,785 times
the traitors and terrorists are the democrats

1. the ACA is NOT READY...if it was ready, the obama would not be granting EXEMPTIONS to it...if it was ready then they would have designed the exachanges (web site) would be able to handle the so0called '20-50 million with out insurance" that they have been talking about for 5 years
2. it is WRONG to mandate someone to buy insurance that they dont WANT or NEED
3. the democrats have yet to figure out that we (the entire government) are spending wa too much, and trillion dollar deficits are NOT THE WAY TO GO
4. the PEOPLE have clearly stated that a majority dont want obamacare

yet the democrat taliban wont even bring it to a vote, the democrat terrorists wont even compromise, when they KNOW that the ACA is NOT READY

Old 10-08-2013, 09:57 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I didn't say the Republicans aren't compromisers.

I said the Tea Party conservatives aren't compromisers.

The US Constitution makes the House the originators of funding bills. Those bills still have to be passed by the Senate and and signed into law by the President. So, no, the US Constitution doesn't give the House the right to fund the government.

The fractured funding bills are a strategy to compel the Senate and the President to give in to the demands of the Tea Party. They aren't compromises at all.
For some reason, Conservatives always ignore that bolded part.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:58 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,758,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I'm seeing traitorous activities from both sides that seek to shut gov down and those who want to keep it open. All the press about the Park Rangers blocking access to Federal lands and forcing private businesses into financial hardship just so they can make sure everyone feels the pain is pretty damned treacherous too. Those parks, rivers, lakes belong to all of us and we don't need our government's permissions to have access to them. Both sides have taken hostages and both sides are criminal.
Well, I won't question your fundamental premise, as I suspect it is partially true, but I will defend park rangers. Park rangers take their jobs very seriously and they feel they have an obligation to protect US property. Concessionaires who typically do their work in the parks cannot be left with unfettered and unmanaged access to federal facilities without oversight. And if the administrative personnel are furloughed, the law enforcement branch is primarily safeguarding facilities. This is what happens with a partial shutdown. People who don't have an interest in intellectual honesty cherry pick the most dramatic examples to support their narrative. I am not saying this is you, but this is the sort of thing that makes the rounds in the blogosphere.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:00 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,984,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I'm seeing traitorous activities from both sides that seek to shut gov down and those who want to keep it open. All the press about the Park Rangers blocking access to Federal lands and forcing private businesses into financial hardship just so they can make sure everyone feels the pain is pretty damned treacherous too. Those parks, rivers, lakes belong to all of us and we don't need our government's permissions to have access to them. Both sides have taken hostages and both sides are criminal.

Indeed Bulldawg. The real act of patriotism would be to vote all of these dummies out of office!

Old 10-08-2013, 10:01 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,264,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
The Tea Party has proven unequivocably they are traitors. They don't give a damn about their country, as long as they get their personal agenda through. That is the ideology of the Taliban and Al Quaeda, and it has no place in our government. John Boehner is both a coward and a traitor.

It is time to end this stupidity. I have read that the US Chamber of Commerce has offered to provide funding to incumbents who vote with the democrats to submit a clean Continuing Resolution and raise the debt limit. This is appropriate. Those who vote for their country, instead of being intimidated by a bunch of radicals are the true patriots. I will remember people like John McCain and others who called bs. on this shutdown. I may not agree with them, but I respect people who recognize they have a duty to country as well as their base.
That's fascinating - the US Chamber of Commerce has actually published that they are offering Bribes to CongressCritters to vote in a specific way? Please publish that link.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:02 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,250,429 times
Default Military Priests Face Arrest for Celebrating Mass in Defiance of Shutdown

really Obama?

Military Priests Face Arrest for Celebrating Mass in Defiance of Shutdown | Liberal Logic 101

Old 10-08-2013, 10:02 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The President is supposed to be the LEADER of the country.
If Congress is at odds, it's the President's DUTY to bring the two sides together to come to agreements.

Instead our President is playing partisan politics and that is inexcusable.
The president is playing partisan politics.......I just about spit my potato chips out at that one. You are a HOOT!

Old 10-08-2013, 10:04 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
For some reason, Conservatives always ignore that bolded part.
They also conveniently blame the president, overlooking that whole Congress thingie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies