Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2013, 10:07 AM

9,251 posts, read 14,819,994 times

Advertisements

Tea partiers are no less than traitorous.
Here's a good account of the right wing nut conspiracy that has led to the present impasse:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/06/us...ted=1&_r=4&hp&

Old 10-08-2013, 10:08 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,839,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
That's fascinating - the US Chamber of Commerce has actually published that they are offering Bribes to CongressCritters to vote in a specific way? Please publish that link.
The Chamber of Commerce is preparing to participate in political primaries, protecting friendly lawmakers from conservative challengers. "Clearly we're getting to a point where we need a Congress that's going to be productive, proactive and create a stable environment for economic growth and job creation," said Scott Reed, a Republican political consultant who is advising the chamber on its strategy.

With Traditional GOP Allies Defecting, Big Business Takes Sides With Obama

Old 10-08-2013, 10:08 AM

88,731 posts, read 44,496,734 times
Shutdown? What shutdown? Obama and the Dems have it open for illegal aliens...

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/def...94e06b416c.jpg

Obama and the Democrats open National Mall to illegal Aliens

Can't Obama and the Dems open it for everyone else, too? Or do only illegal aliens get preference?

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-08-2013 at 03:21 PM..

Old 10-08-2013, 10:09 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,396,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well, I won't question your fundamental premise, as I suspect it is partially true, but I will defend park rangers. Park rangers take their jobs very seriously and they feel they have an obligation to protect US property. Concessionaires who typically do their work in the parks cannot be left with unfettered and unmanaged access to federal facilities without oversight. And if the administrative personnel are furloughed, the law enforcement branch is primarily safeguarding facilities. This is what happens with a partial shutdown. People who don't have an interest in intellectual honesty cherry pick the most dramatic examples to support their narrative. I am not saying this is you, but this is the sort of thing that makes the rounds in the blogosphere.
I understand what you are saying, but fundamentally - those parks belong to us and it is no different that a swimming pool that has no lifeguard - you swim at your own risk. To have the government tell us we can't use something that we (the people) decided to set apart for our enjoyment and protection, is just wrong. If the park rangers are there to shoo people away, then they can be there to watch over the park and let people in. The pettiness is very disturbing.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:10 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,632,392 times
Quote:
Well, I won't question your fundamental premise, as I suspect it is partially true, but I will defend park rangers. Park rangers take their jobs very seriously and they feel they have an obligation to protect US property. Concessionaires who typically do their work in the parks cannot be left with unfettered and unmanaged access to federal facilities without oversight. And if the administrative personnel are furloughed, the law enforcement branch is primarily safeguarding facilities. This is what happens with a partial shutdown. People who don't have an interest in intellectual honesty cherry pick the most dramatic examples to support their narrative. I am not saying this is you, but this is the sort of thing that makes the rounds in the blogosphere.
At least park rangers contribute something to society.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:10 AM

17,390 posts, read 11,924,088 times
Quote:
The Tea Party has proven unequivocably they are traitors. They don't give a damn about their country, as long as they get their personal agenda through. That is the ideology of the Taliban and Al Quaeda, and it has no place in our government. John Boehner is both a coward and a traitor.

It is time to end this stupidity. I have read that the US Chamber of Commerce has offered to provide funding to incumbents who vote with the democrats to submit a clean Continuing Resolution and raise the debt limit. This is appropriate. Those who vote for their country, instead of being intimidated by a bunch of radicals are the true patriots. I will remember people like John McCain and others who called bs. on this shutdown. I may not agree with them, but I respect people who recognize they have a duty to country as well as their base.
Says the water boy for the party that won't pass a CR, if it means their PET project, ObamaCare, gets defunded.

See how that works?

You also must have missed Obama asking for civility. Quite the inflammatory language there.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:11 AM

88,731 posts, read 44,496,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
it is no different that a swimming pool that has no lifeguard - you swim at your own risk. To have the government tell us we can't use something that we (the people) decided to set apart for our enjoyment and protection, is just wrong. If the park rangers are there to shoo people away, then they can be there to watch over the park and let people in. The pettiness is very disturbing.
Exactly.

It will come back to bite Obama and the Dems in the butt. Backlash is already building...

Old 10-08-2013, 10:12 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,717,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the traitors and terrorists are the democrats

1. the ACA is NOT READY...if it was ready, the obama would not be granting EXEMPTIONS to it...if it was ready then they would have designed the exachanges (web site) would be able to handle the so0called '20-50 million with out insurance" that they have been talking about for 5 years
2. it is WRONG to mandate someone to buy insurance that they dont WANT or NEED
3. the democrats have yet to figure out that we (the entire government) are spending wa too much, and trillion dollar deficits are NOT THE WAY TO GO
4. the PEOPLE have clearly stated that a majority dont want obamacare

yet the democrat taliban wont even bring it to a vote, the democrat terrorists wont even compromise, when they KNOW that the ACA is NOT READY
True to a certain extent. Most of the people who don't want "Obamacare" would rather have a single payer system like other modern countries. The people whom you claim don't want it are willing to tolerate it for the time being until we get what we want. The ACA merely opens the door and we will continue voting against ANY republican because they wish to return us to the broken system we had before and that is unacceptable.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:13 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,946,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
For some reason, Conservatives always ignore that bolded part.
Not at all.. Conservatives are STILL waiting for the Senate to pass the bill...

Its DEMOCRATS whining, not Republicans..

Old 10-08-2013, 10:13 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,903,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
"bigger issues?"

It's the liberal mind-set and Democrat pig headedness that has brought us to this point. That is a mighty big issue and at the core of the country's current ills (no budget, unwillingness to fund gov't departments/agencies individually, debt ceiling).
First, the House sends a budget that defunds Obamacare.

Then, when that's not acceptable, they send individual bills funding everything else except Obamacare and nobody is supposed to notice that's the same thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
How easy to say that it's the Republicans who aren't compromisers. Harder to acknowledge that the U.S. Constitution gives the House the right to fund the government and that it appears that Harry Reid (remember him?) doesn't know it. The House has send numerous compromises for funding, and Reid is the one who's said "Scroo you!" each time.

Give me a very large break.
Which Article and Section of the Constitution established that the House has the exclusive purview to fund the government? According to the Constitution, appropriation bills start in the House but still must be passed by the Senate and signed by the President. Sorry that the Senate violates what you imagine the constitution to say.

Sending bills that defund Obamacare are non-starters. Sooo sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies