Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2013, 12:51 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times

Advertisements

Look at how many conservatives are oblivious to the fact that they are the side who decided to use the threat of shutdown and default for extortion on an unprecedented scale...

Old 10-08-2013, 12:52 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah sure...he's the one on C-D making silly threads about it.
Oh that's right you want other Americans to pay for your stuff.

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Clearly this is just another pointless "I hate Obama thiiiiiiiiiiis much" thread.

4,818 posts, read 10,998,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I can not ascertain a purpose of shutting the government down and then voting to pay the furloughed workers...whom should DEFINITELY be paid, however IMO the ONLY purpose to shut down the government is to inconvenience the average American.

I have stopped listening to the news as I am so sick and tired of the entire lot of them lying to our faces. I hope the American people remember when election time comes near and get rid of each and every incumbent. Neither Dems or Reps care one bit about the American people, only their own posturing. It's like one big drama with the people being sold down the river. Shame!
I agree.... as someone who works through the shutdown.... it doesnt make sense. We dont have approval to go service any equipment or do our yearly fall maintenance for our cooperative stations (putting anti-freeze in the fisher porter rain systems for winter) until the shutdown is over. So when the shutdown is over....there will be a big backlog and then overtime will need to be paid for those folks to stay over or do overnight trips for service because of the shutdown. So in the long run it will cost more money. If you are going to have a shutdown....then have a true shutdown. If not the powers that be on both parties need to act like adults instead of toddlers and get the government open again and then talk about the issues. Watching both sides reminds me of watching our 4 yr old twin boys fight over a toy. One has it...the other one comes and says its mine I want it....then the other grabs it... both cry....but in the end they hug and get over it. Only the adults now dont get over it.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:53 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Why won't Obama negotiate. Oh that's right. He thinks he is a dictator. How about that 3000% reduction in your health insurance policies everyone?
Because it's bad policy to negotiate with thugs who want to use threat of economic harm to rewrite legislation that they lost fair and square.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:53 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
How about that 3000% reduction in your health insurance policies everyone?
What on earth are you talking about?

Old 10-08-2013, 12:54 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Haha.. 800 people taking a poll doesnt speak for the entire nation either.
Oh, please. Wasn't this part of the "skewed polls" argument from last summer? 800 people in a representative sample with clear questions on a single issue can be representative of the nation.

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have not noticed the Federal Government was even shutdown. Just a bunch of talk.
Must mean we don't need the "non-essential" stuff the government has taken control over.

How hard is it to keep things equal among the states and protecting our own soil?
Remember when Federal Government only controlled 5% of the economy. Now @ 55% control they want more.
You may not have noticed it yet, but if the shutdown lasts any length of time, you will. The federal employees who aren't getting paid won't be paying their mortgages, car payments and other bills on time and that's going to impact the entire economy.

If the Republicans want to repeal Obamacare they should be working like crazy to get Tea Party candidates elected in 2014. Let them take over the Senate, elect a Republican president and repeal it, if that's what they think should be done. But it's complete chicken**** for the Republicans to try to make their point on the backs of people who happen to be employed by the federal government. The only thing they're doing is harming workers, their families and eventually, the economy.

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Why won't Obama negotiate. Oh that's right. He thinks he is a dictator. How about that 3000% reduction in your health insurance policies everyone?
Why won't Boner put a clean bill to a vote that passed the Senate? Oh that's right, he thinks he is in charge.

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
Follow the process. The House approves or does not approve. If it does not approve, then the Senate is required to negotiate. The word negotiate means you trade. You give up something. The other side gives up something. A conversation is not a negotiation. Something has to be on the table. The House is demanding the Senate negotiate.
This administration will NOT negotiate with republicans concerning the Continuing Resolution or the Debt ceiling. Congress needs to do it's job and pass the CR and raise the debt ceiling to pay for the items congress has already funded. This Administration will be happy to negotiate a balanced budget, modifying the ACA, overhauling entitlements or any other issue the republicans want to negotiate, independently of the Debt Ceiling or CR.

The full faith and credit of the United States of America is not subject to negotiation.

End of discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies