Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2013, 03:19 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The GOP could end it very easily.
The House passed a bill. The Senate balked. There's the blame.

Furthermore, the Obama Admin clearly made an exception for the illegal aliens protesting in the National Mall, but refuses to allow the Oregon Inlet fishermen to resume their family supporting businesses.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:23 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Default Perfect!

I just listened to Speaker Boehner's press conference moments ago. He said exactly the right thing. I just finished sending my fax to thank him for taking a firm stand.

President Obama and the Democrats MUST come to the table to negotiate. That is the way it is done in our Government.

Further, the Senate Democrats must not ignore any longer, the bills that the House has sent over authorizing specific funding. They must take action. The American People expect this.

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapheap View Post
Actually a case in point is Michelle Bachman. Here is a woman who couldn't even last three months in a primary and yet cant shut up over a year later. She still thinks she can talk down to the man who won it all twice
He needs a good dressing down once in a while.

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
So, the right is cheering because of the EPA and FDA being shut down, but up in arms because park rangers and chaplains have been furloughed? Or did you just want the shutdown to apply to the things YOU want?
either this was a poor attempt at deflection or the point of the article went right over your head.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:25 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
of course it's a religion. It just doesn't fit the paradigms of YOUR religion.
I don't practice a religion so how can a non-religion fit the paradigms of MY religion if I don't have one?

Old 10-08-2013, 03:25 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Obama is the president and he is ultimately responsible otherwise why do we have a president? History will remember what happened on "Obama's" watch.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:26 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
that stuff didnt happen the last time the government shut down. this administration should be severely punished for making things as hard as they are.
They should be, yes. The media, SHOULD be destroying them. But keep in mind, we no longer have an honest, fair news media. Look at that presser today, how many questions on Obamacare and such did Obama get? None.

The number one goal of the "news" media is to defend liberals/Obama and lay all blame on the GOP and the Tea Party.

We will lose this country. This country is going to continue to transform into something further, and further, and further away from what is was founded on. When we have a corrupt media who cover for corrupt self serving politicians, there isnt much we can do. Because its not as if most of this country is willing to stop being more interested in celeb gossip trash, sports, tv, etc.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:27 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Absolutely. I agree with you, there is no excuse for the problems with the exchanges. I've never liked the ACA to begin with, I didn't think it was well-written, nor well-thought out. The exchanges seem to be similar in that the software doesn't seem to have been well-written, nor well-thought out.

And yet, after four years, insurance companies have already raised premiums, have already opted out of various segments of the insurance market, and employers have already cancelled their insurance coverage and sent employees to look for insurance elsewhere. You cannot fix what's already happened. The exchanges can be fixed and made to run. The insurance companies are already parts of those exchanges. People are already shopping for insurance. To reverse course now would be an even worse disaster. Look at it this way, the government passed a law forcing insurance companies and employers down a particular path. But as the insurance companies and employers went down that path, they came to bridges and tunnels (the regulations) that they had to pass through. As they passed, they set fire to the bridges and exploded the tunnels. They can't go back and make things just as they were before. Going back will be harder than going forward at this point.
That's about as good a reason as any I've heard for pressing on with this thing.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:28 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,995,056 times
You sent him a fax? What is this, 1995?

Funny that Boehner is all about conversation, yet he didn't have time to stick around to answer the reporters questions about passing a clean CR bill. Looked really sweaty and nervous during the press conference. I think I saw some orange dye on his collar.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:29 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I just listened to Speaker Boehner's press conference moments ago. He said exactly the right thing. I just finished sending my fax to thank him for taking a firm stand.

President Obama and the Democrats MUST come to the table to negotiate. That is the way it is done in our Government.

Further, the Senate Democrats must not ignore any longer, the bills that the House has sent over authorizing specific funding. They must take action. The American People expect this.
So Boehner said they need to negotiate? And? So what? Where was that "negotiation" for every other damn thing the conservatives REFUSED to negotiate on? He's full of it. Lying along w/all the other conservatives.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-08-2013 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies