Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 08:46 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Apparently, you don't.
Is Obama any less stubborn than congress?
Why is is so hard for you *******s to understand the roles of the 3 branches of government. The 3 branches are to police each other and Congress is doing their job for a change.
I hope they never waiver. All of Obama's scary tales are meant to divide the country further. He loves to point at the scary republicans and their wants and never mentions his own outrageous acts.

How about BENGHAZI?
And why is it so hard for you to understand that obamacare is the law. Why would republicans try and negotiate a law and then blame it on the other side for not playing with them. And you talk about obama's scary tales. You obviously don't listen to conservative radio

Old 10-01-2013, 08:46 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
So much misguided hatred of the TEA Party... clearly they do strike terror in the hearts of the big-government liberals. These liberals fear having to actually take responsibility for their own decisions. They want a program to cover every stage of their life, so they don't have any risk whatsoever. Do you people have a government employee come and check the temperature of the water before stepping into the shower?

Still, the TEA Party is not a bunch of terrorists. They are just regular folks who want to live free.
Shutting down the government = freedom?
Threatening to default = freedom?
Sucking on SS and Medicare while threatening to increase the yearly deficit = freedom?

No, I'm sorry, I'm not following your logic here. What we have are a bunch of spoiled, entitled, hypocritical boomers that would shut down the NFL after a loss if they had the power to do so.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:47 PM

592 posts, read 502,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
It's not going to go on for that long, not to mention that they are still receiving payment (my friend works for the county park system in Key West and he still receives payment).
Your "friend" is receiving payment so everything is all right. You should find out how much the country is losing in a day because of the shutdown.

County is different from the Federal government.

2,982 posts, read 4,101,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
sound like what Bush did at gitmo...no?
I see... Two wrongs make a right. Hypocrite much?

For the record, I personally believe Bush was just as much a baboon as the clown shoe occupying the Oval Office right now. Just because I criticize Obama does not mean I champion Bush. Of course, you lot are so brainwashed in your political sectarianism, it likely hurts your brain to even consider that as a possibility.

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
If Iran, Syria, and Russia are easier to negotiate with then the problem may not be with the "leftists". Russia, Syria, and Iran are all aware of mutually assured destruction, - Russia is anyway and they hold influence over the other two. Does the TP understand that principle? Terrorists usually don't'.

Most likely because they aren't terrorists...the countries you mentioned surely are and Obama bends over backwards to lick their heels.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:48 PM

14 posts, read 16,049 times
Amen to that

Old 10-01-2013, 08:48 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Regular folks who complain about government handouts but are on SS, Medicare, and disability. They like to complain about big government but because of their disability quite a few don't even pay taxes. They want to live free but on the taxpayers dime...lol.
Are you willing to cut those programs?

Not only will you never cut those programs, we are adding more.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:51 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
So does that make the occupy wall street people freedom fighters.I that is true I am Miles Davis then.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:51 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Is Obama Setting the Stage to Seize the Power of the Purse? | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

Geeze Louise...if your gonna use someone else's work product at lease use quotation marks...
Read it and learn. Obama regardless of what you think is NOT a dictator.

The power of the purse plays a critical role in the relationship of the United States Congress and the President of the United States, and has been the main historic tool by which Congress can limit executive power.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:53 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The President is not a capable of showing to be able to lead...it is his way or the highway and Iran already has decided tht their president did something that the religious leaders idn't approve on so the president made a fool of himself and so did the POTUS.
You talk as if the 88 got ACA defunded. Dont walk out of the theater yet champ, the movie isnt over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies