Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 12:30 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Just because there were 2 million applications in the first 2 hours doesn't mean anything, that's not unusual for any web-site with its initial launch.

As others mentioned, applicants think it's "Free", but the costs will be much higher in many other ways, and I'm not just talking about in monetary ways, but others, such as jobs, if this so-called Affordable Healthcare Act goes forward.
The costs will be high for the Republicans who tried to prevent Americans from gaining access to affordable healthcare.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:31 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There's nothing to see though unless you apply.
No prices are quoted on the site. The prices are shown to you after you apply.
I guess you have to "pass it to see what's in it"

Old 10-01-2013, 12:32 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
You have until March 31st 2014 to avoid the penalty. There's no rush.
You have forever to avoid the penalty, adjust your withholding so there is no tax refund which you should be doing anyway. No refund, nothing to collect from.

3,971 posts, read 4,035,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Just because there were 2 million applications in the first 2 hours doesn't mean anything, that's not unusual for any web-site with its initial launch.

As others mentioned, applicants think it's "Free", but the costs will be much higher in many other ways, and I'm not just talking about in monetary ways, but others, such as jobs, if this so-called Affordable Healthcare Act goes forward.
Look for the big increase in premiums and less coverage. I get the moral argument for healthcare for everyone but funding for this....I foresee disaster and I hope I am wrong. But I am already getting less for more in anticipation of this. Waiting on 2014.

Two of my pet peeves are astronomical hospital fees which don't make sense and health care fraud. Largely ignored.

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Geeze..it's like handing the NSA all your personal and financial data so you can compare prices.
I had no intention of doing that.

Uncle Sam is going to have to work to get all my data and comb through their various systems instead.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:33 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Explain to me again why *I* should have to pay premiums so that a 60 year old male with a heart condition can get health insurance? I'm missing the point here. If the coverage was OPTIONAL, then I would say "fine", but I am REQUIRED by law to buy insurance (that I will not use), so that other people can receive health care.

What part of that is actually OK with you?

20yrsinBranson
The part that comes from living in a mutually beneficial society in which I don't have to watch my fellow citizen die of a heart condition because he wasn't allowed to buy insurance and get care. In the most prosperous nation on earth, no less.

What part of watching your neighbors and fellow citizens suffer is actually OK with YOU?

Oh, wait ... never mind. Silly question.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:33 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
... and if we did not pass this law, your premiums would have been even higher.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:34 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,577,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Then perhaps the cookie jar needs refilling. We have enough plutocrats to fund these programs.
You need working people, TAXPAYERS to fill the cookie jar! We have record unemployment. Early retirees because they can't find work(many on said programs).
And we have too many people riding the welfare train and "stay at home moms" getting MORE benefits for having more kids!

Our whole system is upside down.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:35 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
The part that comes from living in a mutually beneficial society in which I don't have to watch my fellow citizen die of a heart condition because he wasn't allowed to buy insurance and get care. In the most prosperous nation on earth, no less.

What part of watching your neighbors and fellow citizens suffer is actually OK with YOU?

Oh, wait ... never mind. Silly question.

You are free to be charitable with your own money, but do not put you hands on mine. The government was not created to provide charity.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:35 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Geeze..it's like handing the NSA all your personal and financial data so you can compare prices.
I had no intention of doing that.

Uncle Sam is going to have to work to get all my data and comb through their various systems instead.
Trust me they aready have all your information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies