Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 11:38 AM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post

Right, right, right, right, they still have to pay for it. Right, right. For a fraction of what it costs to buy insurance on the private market. Also, you said it was a handout. But they pay for it. So which is it? A handout or not? Get your stupid confusing contradictory conservatives talking points straightened out.

You're confused. I'll help, for whatever good it will do.

People are still purchasing insurance on the private market.

It is both a handout and they are paying for it. Look up the word "subsidy" in a dictionary.

Hopefully, I've cleared some things up for you. I suspect that you'll just breeze over my post and keep regurgitating the same untruths that you've accepted as fact, though, for whatever reason.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:39 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
It's not just the people who do not have insurance. I have insurance but can buy on the exchanges as well, if I want. I won't get a subsidy, but I am curious if I can save some coin. Unfortunately, the system is being swamped atm, so I will wait for a few days.

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

There are only something like 30 million without health insurance, and after Obamacare, 30 million is expected to go without.

your error is confusing people who visit the site, and give them information to find out what they will qualify for, = an application.
The number without insurance is pushing 50 million.

The number with sub prime insurance policies, high deductibles and low annual/lifetime caps is just as high.Many people do not understand insurance and find out too late that the policy they have is not worth the paper it's printed on.

The masses use ERs because of a 1986 law that requires most ERs to see and stabilize patients regardless of the patient's ability to pay for service. People walk through the door and are diagnosed with stage 4 Cancer because they could not afford to see a MD. Patients walk through the door with the common cold or flu.

When after aggressive debt collection, which can include wage garnishment, the hospital has to write off the bad debt, it becomes the cost of doing business and is passed on to everyone.

4,176 posts, read 4,669,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You're confused. I'll help, for whatever good it will do.

People are still purchasing insurance on the private market.

It is both a handout and they are paying for it. Look up the word "subsidy" in a dictionary.

Hopefully, I've cleared some things up for you. I suspect that you'll just breeze over my post and keep regurgitating the same untruths that you've accepted as fact, though, for whatever reason.
We both know that it's not the same thing as the private market. People aren't calling up Blue Cross and purchasing a plan.

1,604 posts, read 1,565,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Hospitals will still lose because Obamacare insurance doesn't kick in until the out of pocket expenses are met.
So your biggest beef against ObamaCare is that Hospitals and Insurance companies won't make as big a profit off of denying care to uninsured Americans?

Old 10-01-2013, 11:40 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Site visits = applications?

LOL

LOL

LOL

Yes, i'm embarrassed for the OP. What a fuggin moronic misinterpretation.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:41 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The number without insurance is pushing 50 million.

The number with sub prime insurance policies, high deductibles and low annual/lifetime caps is just as high.Many people do not understand insurance and find out too late that the policy they have is not worth the paper it's printed on.

The masses use ERs because of a 1986 law that requires most ERs to see and stabilize patients regardless of the patient's ability to pay for service. People walk through the door and are diagnosed with stage 4 Cancer because they could not afford to see a MD. Patients walk through the door with the common cold or flu.

When after aggressive debt collection, which can include wage garnishment, the hospital has to write off the bad debt, it becomes the cost of doing business and is passed on to everyone.
Not true.. the number without insurance is only pushing 50M if you count illegals, WHO ARENT COVERED under the bill.

Try again..

Old 10-01-2013, 11:42 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's not just the people who do not have insurance. I have insurance but can buy on the exchanges as well, if I want. I won't get a subsidy, but I am curious if I can save some coin. Unfortunately, the system is being swamped atm, so I will wait for a few days.
No hurry. You have until 12/15 for coverage to be effective 1/1/14.

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
"People just want to see what it's about" Well I guess you can tell yourself that if it makes you feel better about the GOP's humiliating defeat on healthcare.
I called you out on a lie - have some humility and either ignore the post or admit the lie. The smug attitude isn't fooling anyone.

And the Republicans don't need to do a thing to destroy Obamacare. It's a terrible law that the people didn't want when it was passed, and still don't want today. It will collapse under its own weight in time, and you will be appropriately ostracized for supporting it when it does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

5,094 posts, read 5,173,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post

The majority of people will be paying more money for an inferior plan just like Social Security.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies