Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 07:26 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times

Advertisements

It looks like most doesn't give a hoot about this conservative mouthpiece, except the Faux News fans here on C-D.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:29 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
It looks like most doesn't give a hoot about this conservative mouthpiece, except the Faux News fans here on C-D.
Actually, I don't care about him either. He was merely the "token conservative" and not much of a conservative. We feel about him the way ultra-liberals feel about Ron Williams or Allen Combs on FOX News.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:30 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
The main reason the leftists claim Fox makes things up etc. is because they are one of the few outlets that actually holds the Obama administration to task. Oh, the horror! So yeah, they want to discredit it and marginalize it, obviously.
However, a few journalists with CNN and CBS have woken up. They may be next on the hit list.
Actually, they make things up.

Former Fox News employee: ‘Stuff is just made up’ | The Raw Story

Old 10-02-2013, 07:32 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Newsflash: Opinions CAN be facts, even if they flow from the mouths of panelists.

I realize that's hard to stomach in a world where MSNBC dominates your news intake. Might I recommend expanding your horizons?
I don't watch 24hr news channels, if it is a news channel and on tv, then it is probably political garbage that you shouldn't be watching to begin with.

Oh and opinions can also be incorrect or lies. Does Fox News come with a sensor that tells you when they are truthful and when they are lying or do you just assume everything they say is fact and truth?

Old 10-02-2013, 07:32 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
There's really no dispute ... that FOX is a tabloid-style organization which either exaggerates news stories or just makes things up to pander to a base which seems uninterested in the full-range of information from which an intelligent decision can be made on the issues discussed. No doubting that the network is hugely popular with a certain group of people, its viewers. Watch FOX, don't watch FOX ... I don't really care. I view the network from time-to-time to see what's being said.

Though he oftentimes expresses a viewpoint I don't completely agree with, I've appreciated the commentary of George Will over at ABC. I respected William F. Buckley, also. Will is a Conservative in a way the Tea Party and the current extreme right-wing faction of the GOP want to wipe-out. Will offering his opinion in the "Lion's Den" of nutcases might help to balance some of the commentary on FOX. Will, now 72, is nearing the end of his journalistic career. I suspect he's not going to be happy at FOX, but he was a lone-wolf over at ABC ... so, for him, he'll be in friendlier territory. I wish him well.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:33 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Quote:
whose name was kept anonymous

Old 10-02-2013, 07:34 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Newsflash: Opinions CAN be facts, even if they flow from the mouths of panelists.
And again we have the right inadvertently reaffirming their own creditability problem.

"Opinions (that they like) are fact. Faith equivocates to fact. Science is bull****."

Hard to take you seriously when this is your version of critical thinking...

Old 10-02-2013, 07:35 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
, ...except the Faux News fans ....
Why not give us a few examples of misreporting at Fox News, and I'm not talking about opinion shows (Let's see, how long should that run to the internet take?) where they do express opinions. Then the rest of us can take turns relating misreporting and audiotape editing by MSNBC and the rest of NBC's "news" outlets.

Put away those MSNBC flashcards and wake up.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:38 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Anyone who believes that ANY news organization is reporting the straight truth is uneducated. Some are better than others. Some have flat out bias (Fox, MSNBC). However, every news organization reconstructs the news, chooses what to leave in and take out and therefore regardless of intentions they color the truth, introduce bias, etc.

However, if you say Fox is biased, you're right. If you say MSNBC is biased, you're also right.

You need to be a discriminating viewer of the news, read several sources with different perspectives and make up your own mind. Anyone who repeats Rush, Hannity, Maddow or any of the others and takes it as full and informed fact is a fool.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:40 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Anyone who believes that ANY news organization is reporting the straight truth is uneducated. Some are better than others. Some have flat out bias (Fox, MSNBC). However, every news organization reconstructs the news, chooses what to leave in and take out and therefore regardless of intentions they color the truth, introduce bias, etc.

However, if you say Fox is biased, you're right. If you say MSNBC is biased, you're also right.

You need to be a discriminating viewer of the news, read several sources with different perspectives and make up your own mind. Anyone who repeats Rush, Hannity, Maddow or any of the others and takes it as full and informed fact is a fool.

Again, no examples, and an obvious acceptance of the mainstream news media as unbiased.

Now that's uneducated. And uninformed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies