Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 10:21 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Isn't it conveneient for the right wing propaganda machine that so many Americans have short memories?
Well, allow me to refresh...let's revisit Romneycare...

Quote:
Romneycare meets Obamacare

Here in Massachusetts, we’ve watched the nation’s health care debate – four years long and counting – from a singular perch: We’ve been living with a version of the Affordable Care Act since 2006.

We’ve had strong opinions about Obamacare, pro and con, but the wild fears and exaggerations we hear from other parts of the country don’t ring true. Politicians and pundits in other states wring their hands about the destruction of the American health care system, but here it’s not all that big a deal. Most of us - those who get their insurance through their employer or a government program - are still dealing with the same insurance companies and the same doctors as before the adoption of what our former governor’s GOP primary opponents dubbed “Romneycare.”

So here comes Obamacare, to Massachusetts as well as 49 other states. Will the big bad federal program mess up the successful state one?

Not according to top state health officials. They say Obamacare will make Romneycare better.

Holmes: Romneycare meets Obamacare - Framingham, MA - The MetroWest Daily News

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-02-2013 at 10:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 10:39 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Isn't it conveneient for the right wing propaganda machine that so many Americans have short memories?
Analyzing Romney's Leadership On Health Care - Kaiser Health News

Education....

Old 10-02-2013, 10:41 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
Romney's talking point was: what's good for Massachusetts might not work in other states. He never explained why. Do people in other states have three arms? Five legs? Actually, he never even attempted to explain, and the media had the courtesy to not ask him.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:58 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
You goofballs who keep repeating this need to get a little more education. There is a HUGE difference in doing something in a state as opposed to the ENTIRE country! You can move out of that state if you don't like it. You Left nuts are nothing but propaganda artists.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:03 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You goofballs who keep repeating this need to get a little more education. There is a HUGE difference in doing something in a state as opposed to the ENTIRE country! You can move out of that state if you don't like it. You Left nuts are nothing but propaganda artists.
I will remember that when I hear righties whining like little girls about laws their state passes, just shut up and move.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:05 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
Hey, OP, speaking of "propaganda mongers"...

Old 10-02-2013, 11:05 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I will remember that when I hear righties whining like little girls about laws their state passes, just shut up and move.
Yep, spoken like a true lefits....

Old 10-02-2013, 11:09 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,174,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

Romneycare is between the people of Massachussetts and their state. It does not apply anywhere else in the country.

I choose NOT to live in Massachussetts and "Romneycare" cannot touch me.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:10 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Hey, OP, speaking of "propaganda mongers"...
Romneycare is still working so where is the propaganda in that fact? Yes, I know...it is an inconvenient truth.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:12 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Romneycare is between the people of Massachussetts and their state. It does not apply anywhere else in the country.

I choose NOT to live in Massachussetts and "Romneycare" cannot touch me.
Speaking of Romneycare, how's it doing over there?

Hmm...looks like 62% supported it in Feb 2012:

WBUR Poll: Most Mass. Residents Support State Health Care Law | WBUR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies