Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 11:03 AM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Really? You watched that Jimmy Kimmel video? The evidence would seem to contradict your claim.
I don't get my news from talk show hosts. That's the difference between you and me, I guess.

I'm patient, and I can look past a website launch to see the bigger picture. I don't understand people with such small cranial capabilities that are only able to see a single action like this and based on that one little thing, proclaim success, especially when we're talking about a law that was thousands of pages long and which nobody who voted on it actually read. You honestly expect it to go well??

When this all falls apart, I'll make sure to contact you so that you can be appropriately scolded for cheerleading this piece of crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 11:58 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Educate yourself. For states that do expand Medicaid, the law provides that the federal government will pay for 100% of the expansion for the first three years and then gradually reduce its
No, YOU educate yourself

Medicaid Expansion Will Become More Costly to States
Quote:
Or you could look at it another way: they don't care about poor people. Because that's who will be affected.
How does adding trillions to the national debt, help poor people?

Old 10-03-2013, 11:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Funny thing is that in 10 years, this is the ONLY thing Barack will be remembered for. Just like Herbert Hoover is remembered for "Hoovervilles" during the depression.
That and of course adding $10 Trillion to the national debt..

Old 10-03-2013, 12:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
No one has signed up from Louisiana. None.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:52 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I looked up your info on your link and it shows that you are being misleading. For one thing, families no longer have to pay a co-pay for office visits for preventative care for all members of the family, that is included in the premium.

You realize that "preventive care" amounts to an annual checkup right? so 4 visits per year are covered without additional costs.

you still have a 12,700 out of pocket if you get sick and need a dr.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:58 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,716,771 times
I think the only sticker shock has come from Republicans. The Republican governors havent had much to say. Brewer and Jindal said a little bit. I don't think either said they hoped the ACA would be defunded. Jindal said Republicans needed a replacement plan. Where is that? Rick Perry said he thought the ACA needed to go. The other 23 Republican governors have been mostly silent. Whats that tell you? By the way red states like Utah, Arizona, and Texas came in with fairly low rates. Now Republicans want to scrap that and start over??

Old 10-03-2013, 02:06 PM

775 posts, read 1,258,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
People that thought Obamacare was free or affordable(affordable care act)all they had to do is sign up are finding that $700-$900 a month is not affordable, for the Silver plans and that the $5000 deductible and $50 co-pay of the Bronze plan, not worth it.

So, here we sit and only the rich will survive this mess.
Not really, the folks that cant afford it will get subsidized care then the folks who actually can afford it will pick up their share of the tab.
This is not new news. Anyone who thought it would be free (or affordable for that matter) is an idiot

Old 10-03-2013, 02:14 PM

775 posts, read 1,258,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
You realize that "preventive care" amounts to an annual checkup right? so 4 visits per year are covered without additional costs.

you still have a 12,700 out of pocket if you get sick and need a dr.
Co-pays for preventative care dont mean crap. Its all the other unexpected stuff, especially with kids, that comes up, that will cost people the most $$

Old 10-03-2013, 02:18 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Well I have tried to get on the PA portal but every time I get the same message.
We have a lot of visitors blah blah blah.
Pretty sure my wife won't be able to buy Insurance from any portal as cheaply as she is covered under the policy provided by the company I work for. At the very least it wont be of the same quality.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:22 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
People that thought Obamacare was free or affordable(affordable care act)all they had to do is sign up are finding that $700-$900 a month is not affordable, for the Silver plans and that the $5000 deductible and $50 co-pay of the Bronze plan, not worth it.

So, here we sit and only the rich will survive this mess.
That is why few are signing up, so far (if they are even able to get that far). Also, if you have a "pre-existing condition," you might as well forget it, because its cost is astronomical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies