Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 09:18 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
To me Democrats and President Obama need to be quiet, stop giving interviews and press conferences about this.

I think it is clear they are winning. Everyone knows conservatives are causing this shutdown pain.

conservatives have already given up stopping Obamacare. So the whole reason for the shutdown is gone.

This will become apparent if Democrats quiet themselves and let conservatives keep moving from one talking point to another.

Their stated reason for the shutdown was lost long ago. They aren't talking about Repealing, Defunding or Delaying Obamacare anymore so why is the government shutdown?

That question will be asked by everyone eventually.
You are probably correct. They are destroying themselves from within and we need to let them continue. I'm seeing Boehner on television now - SUDDENLY they want to restore WIC benefits. I guess the whole WWII Memorial photo op didn't do all that well for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Or is this thread filling with lots of screeching posts from unhappy RWNJs?

No - the screeching from a few posters in particular has reached epic proportions ~ even for CD. That's flop sweat you smell emanating from the right wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Must explain why he's on death row.

Nidal Hasan sentenced to death for Fort Hood shooting rampage - Washington Post

Actually, Obama and the Democrats are looking more and more rational as the GOP slips further into teabaggerland.

Indeed they are! Let the righties twist in the wind a while longer. The American people are tired of being taken hostage by the Reich wing of the Republican party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
He's like Chicken Little --- before the sequester, he was running around proclaiming the sky was going to fall, but within jut a few months of the sequester, he was claiming how great the economy now was.

Pretty soon, even liberals might stop trembling in fear when Obama tries to whip up fear.
Ha ha! Thanks for the laugh. See below. Fear mongering has been the mainstay of the RWNJ's during this entire Presidency. Death Panels! Fema Camps! Microchips! Obama's gonna take my guns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
He really is a mean, ugly excuse of a human being. I'm sorry his daddy left him like so many black daddies seem to do to their children and I'm sorry he hated his white half and mommy but look at the fools still supporting this mean, ugly little boy president.
Well - HELLO Race card! You righties are so good at bringing it out to play - then accusing everyone else of doing it instead. We see through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I think conservatives-republicons wrote the book on fear mongering....

"you're either with us, or you're with the terraists"

"visions of mushroom clouds"

"give up your wmd's mr. hussein!"

"portable chemical weapons laboratories"

"America will not negotiate with a terraist regime!"
Yep and yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 09:36 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
You need to go to Healthcare .gov and check out the prices. Even if you dont qualify for a tax credit you can purchase there and the prices are lower then what is posted on-line by the private sites.
I think Co. not in the exchanges are waiting to see if they can continue to sell the higher cost coverage,without lossing Mkt. share to Co. in exchanges.
After getting notification that my healthcare policy is being terminated I DID go to the Obamacare website and did the calculator and found out that my health insurance policy would go UP by almost $2000.00 a year. I do not qualify for subsidies as expected.

THAT'S 2 LIES OBAMA

I liked my policy but I am not going to be able to keep it.
The cost of my health care coverage is INCREASING

Old 10-04-2013, 09:40 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh here we go again, JUST LIKE SEQUESTRATION, Obama is on the stump again fear mongering. Looking to his followers to put the pressure on. Out there pointing the finger, so what is new. Acting all concerned. Geeze this script is so old.

Obama, you didn't give a damn about small businesses when you raised taxes on them.

Obama, you didn't give a damn about the employees when you raised taxes on their employers

All you, Obama cared about was getting more money from the American people.
Thank you for posting this. The giant boob in the WH will be over with after 3 more years, just hold on. Sorry. the site has disabled my ability to give favorable ratings to posts unless the posts favor some liberal lunacy.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:42 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You are probably correct. They are destroying themselves from within and we need to let them continue. I'm seeing Boehner on television now - SUDDENLY they want to restore WIC benefits. I guess the whole WWII Memorial photo op didn't do all that well for them.

No - the screeching from a few posters in particular has reached epic proportions ~ even for CD. That's flop sweat you smell emanating from the right wing.

Indeed they are! Let the righties twist in the wind a while longer. The American people are tired of being taken hostage by the Reich wing of the Republican party.

Ha ha! Thanks for the laugh. See below. Fear mongering has been the mainstay of the RWNJ's during this entire Presidency. Death Panels! Fema Camps! Microchips! Obama's gonna take my guns!

Well - HELLO Race card! You righties are so good at bringing it out to play - then accusing everyone else of doing it instead. We see through it.

Yep and yep.
Now I've seen everything. Are all leftists this way?

Old 10-04-2013, 09:44 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,442 times
Yeah, lets keep blaming whatever current President for out troubles. That's convenient: A Cry to the Human Race | Crooked America

Old 10-04-2013, 09:46 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,444,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I obviously am missing something...Obama is spouting off that the Republicans will not negotiate, Reid and Pelosi are blaming the GOP for the debt ceiling and government shutdown, yet the Dems were not in DC last weekend nor will they be this weekend, trying to solve the problem. The GOP says it will open the Veteran's, national parks, Head Start, etc. but the Dems say "all or nothing." Can we REALLY expect an agreement with the ridiculous statements and behavior of "our" representatives?

A few weeks ago Obama found the money to fund bombing Syria, but we can't keep our WWII monument open for the WWII Veterans to visit?

Yet Obama and the Congress are still getting paid...
All or nothing is how it works. You don't get to pick and choose. What that would mean is that the party with control of one branch gets to throw a tantrum every year and fund what it wants, and not fund what it doesn't want.

Can you picture an America where Democrats control the House and shut down the government, then offer to fund things piecemeal, but stop short of funding the military? Sound good to you?

Old 10-04-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
All or nothing is how it works. You don't get to pick and choose. What that would mean is that the party with control of one branch gets to throw a tantrum every year and fund what it wants, and not fund what it doesn't want.

Can you picture an America where Democrats control the House and shut down the government, then offer to fund things piecemeal, but stop short of funding the military? Sound good to you?
According to the constitution the House holds the purse and if the house doesn't like it they do have the right to demand negotiations. The problem is that we have a dictator in the house who never did believe in America.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Yeah, lets keep blaming whatever current President for out troubles. That's convenient: A Cry to the Human Race | Crooked America
Obama (the dictator) is to blame PERIOD

The little boy born into a family without a daddy raised in a muslim country in his formative years, stoned on drugs during his young years really needs to learn it's not all about him.

Old 10-05-2013, 01:07 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Is that what the liberal media is telling you just like they insisted Benghazi was because of a video?
(Responding to post 63) No media influence, thats just how the situation appears to me, do you disagree that the main point on the republicans agenda is the scrapping of Obamacare? , and if Obama made a press announcement tomorrow saying ok guys i'll scrap the ACA that the government wouldnt be back to work in 5 minutes?
Unfortunately for the righties that just aint gonna happen,.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:07 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
According to the constitution the House holds the purse and if the house doesn't like it they do have the right to demand negotiations. The problem is that we have a dictator in the house who never did believe in America.
And what did he exactly "dictate?"

(nothing)

He didn't dictate ACA.. it was passed through the House and Senate. Tough cookies.

Conservatives keep hyperventilating about how Obama is dictating this and that when they can't even point to one damn thing that resembles it.

Apparently, "dictating" is code for "signing valid bills into law that we don't like."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies