Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 06:21 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What lifestyle is that? How do you know anything about this young man's lifestyle?
Being gay is a lifestyle. Many gay people dress differently, talk differently, walk differently etc... Usually it's mimicking the other sex, not all of course but a great deal do. They have their own mannerisms and their own culture, those things are learned behaviors.

Please I don't mean any offense to you. I realize that you gays are super sensitive, but a lot of the time you guys get mad over nothing.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:22 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
This is so dumb that it hurts...
No, it is the truth if the truth be known by society... Many young ones go to NYC into the gay lifestyle.. they have great support through the gay community... they party and take drugs and many die of drug overdoses at a young age.. not many know much about the gay community.. I happened to have seen alot and maybe you as a gay person have not even seen what I have.

Gay lifestyle of many lovers , many attractions and it is mostly sex.. Older more experienced gay men are attracted to the new younger boys, some early teens who run to the new life style , leaving family , school and making a new life with gay lovers. It is quite common with gays.. and the drugs... many thinking that Aids were killing all of them but it was a mix of drugs and HIV positive.. men walking around looking like skeletons.. and still taking illegal drugs daily.. having thrush in their mouths and breaking out in warts and sores.. not such a good life .

Who would want their kid to grow up and live it that environment. I feel for the mother and the son!..they both will suffer dearly..

Old 10-03-2013, 06:23 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
I was taught similar things in my psychology class. It's environmental, there is no proof that people are born gay. Rather the environment, or certain events may push a person into a adopting a gay lifestyle. This happens to straight men who go to prison, they often develop same sex attractions and romances, women often "convert "to lesbianism after suffering abuse from prior boyfriends. And in the ancient World, such as Rome and Greece, virtually everybody was gay/bi because the culture encouraged it. Do you think the whole population of Rome was born that way? No the environment influenced them.

No one really knows why a person is gay, but psychologically speaking it can be due failing to develop a masculine (or feminine) identity, lack of a male role model, sexual abuse, or a number of other factors that can influence a person into adopting a gay lifestyle, either consciously or uncociously. It's not clear cut and their are obvious exceptions, but those things do have the biggest influence.

But I am not a doctor, so I don't really have any say. Just what I heard in psychologically and, but it makes the most sense to me. I know that the gay patrol is going Tobe mad at me, but it's not like you guys have a better explanation.

Regardless, what that mom did was wrong.
Your first paragraph goes against the mountains of evidence that suggest otherwise. Your second paragraph is full of personal and useless conjecture. Then, your closing makes the argument that your information was heard in some unknown psych class. Thank God most of western civilization is realizing how wrong you are.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No, it is the truth if the truth be known by society... Many young ones go to NYC into the gay lifestyle.. they have great support through the gay community... they party and take drugs and many die of drug overdoses at a young age.. not many know much about the gay community.. I happened to have seen alot and maybe you as a gay person have not even seen what I have.

Gay lifestyle of many lovers , many attractions and it is mostly sex.. Older more experienced gay men are attracted to the new younger boys, some early teens who run to the new life style , leaving family , school and making a new life with gay lovers. It is quite common with gays.. and the drugs... many thinking that Aids were killing all of them but it was a mix of drugs and HIV positive.. men walking around looking like skeletons.. and still taking illegal drugs daily.. having thrush in their mouths and breaking out in warts and sores.. not such a good life .

Who would want their kid to grow up and live it that environment. I feel for the mother and the son!..they both will suffer dearly..
All I can do is laugh at this crap. I'm sure some our posters with more patience for the inane and insane will post some facts and empirical evidence for you to ignore. Still laughing.....

Old 10-03-2013, 06:25 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
Quote:
Being gay is a lifestyle. Many gay people dress differently, talk differently, walk differently etc... Usually it's mimicking the other sex, not all of course but a great deal do. They have their own mannerisms and their own culture, those things are learned behaviors.

Please I don't mean any offense to you. I realize that you gays are super sensitive, but a lot of the time you guys get mad over nothing.
Not true for most. I think the ones you are talking about are about 10% of the gay community.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:

That is because they don't know who they are.. they attach themselves to anyone who has the control.. they lack identity and are open to all and can change dramatically.. sometime they flame, sometime they change their persona to act another way.. they usually are weak in their beliefs and are lead easily by others.. sex plays a big part too.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:26 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,870 times
Quote:

While some of what you say is true (I have gay family members and have seen some of the consequences of their lifestyle first hand) I think you are taking it too far.

Really it's not our business who people choose to sleep with. Maybe you and I disagree with their lifestyle, but this is America and we have no right to determine how another person can live it. I believe in treating gays the same as everyone else, love and respect them, though we don't have to agree with them.

That is why the mom is wrong. She acted out of bigotry and not love.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
All I can do is laugh at this crap. I'm sure some our posters with more patience for the inane and insane will post some facts and empirical evidence for you to ignore. Still laughing.....
I post the truth... and it is no laughing matter..

Old 10-03-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Not true for most. I think the ones you are talking about are about 10% of the gay community.
You gays are super sensitive and apparently homophobes are weak and passive aggressive.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
That is because they don't know who they are.. they attach themselves to anyone who has the control.. they lack identity and are open to all and can change dramatically.. sometime they flame, sometime they change their persona to act another way.. they usually are weak in their beliefs and are lead easily by others.. sex plays a big part too.
Lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies