Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2013, 08:43 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You know that................now..................
monday morning quarterbacking is always fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 08:52 AM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
It sounds like she was obsessed with Obama and trying to see him. Was she in love with him? Did she think he was following her around because he was in love with her? Any other Obamaphiles on CD have similar thoughts and feelings?

Old 10-04-2013, 09:07 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
When they run her blood I just hope they don't discover she was hypoglycemic and disoriented....

Old 10-04-2013, 09:38 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
When they run her blood I just hope they don't discover she was hypoglycemic and disoriented....

Disoriented and driving at extreme speeds through DC?

Old 10-04-2013, 09:40 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
For someone who keeps telling me I'm a know it all, you sure keep trying to make excuses for this lady...

Again, how many times does she have to be told to get out of the car? Before or after she rammed the the first car or the third car?

So, you are saying, that she had a confrontation at the WH, speed away from there, driving 1.5 miles, then rammed by a cop car, does a 2 point turn while surrounded by cops telling her to get out of the vehicle, she runs and you say that is o.k.? WOW.....they gave her ample times to get out...

I know you did not say enough is enough...I asked you when DO you think enough is enough...

When is enough enough...before whe rammed the police car...before she was surrounded by the cops yelling to get out of the car...

Ahhhhhh, your a cop hater...got it....

What is properly? Come on Mr. Point miser, you don't know the entire situation, DO YOU, you even admit it...how do you know what was going on in the womans mind...better yet, how do YOU know she did not have a bomb in the car....how do you know she did not have a gun in the car....

Inthe end the cops gave her TO many chances to get out...she kept going, the cops had no clue why...they had no clue what her intentions were. In that area, thye did what was needed AFTER MANY ATTEMPTS to stop her...

Of course, if she would have blown her self up and killed a few people with her...it appears you would be happy....
Hell must have frozen over - chucksnee and I actually agree on something.

While I feel terribly for this young woman, and for the baby who lost its mother, I have watched that video and I see someone who had plenty of opportunities to get out of the car but who chose instead to put her baby's life in danger, as well as the lives of probably hundreds of other people.

Law enforcement didn't know what her mental health history was or her motivations. At some point, they had to take some kind of action to stop her; unfortunately, she died.

I'm not up to date yet this morning on the most recent information, but from what I have learned so far, it sounds like this was an extremely troubled young woman, and while I'm not saying she deserved to die because of it, I just don't see many other alternatives law enforcement could have chosen. Thankfully the baby wasn't hurt.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:41 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Or that she was off her anti-schizophrenia medications?

Old 10-04-2013, 09:43 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Disoriented and driving at extreme speeds through DC?
In other words, a typical big-government fanatic?

Old 10-04-2013, 09:45 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Hell must have frozen over - chucksnee and I actually agree on something.
I just fell outa my chair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-04-2013, 09:47 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
I just fell outa my chair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you didn't get hurt. lol

Old 10-04-2013, 10:18 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Exactly! And during that time of the chase and the attempts to go through barricades, the police did not know if she had weapon (bomb or gun). I wonder how long it took them before they even realized there was a baby in the back.

In hindsight, now knowing there was no gun/no bomb it's easy to say they should not have shot her.

I believe that in these situations, shooting the tires out might not be good enough. What if she had had a gun or a bomb. If they just shot the tires out and approached the car, police officers and innocent bystanders could have been killed during those few seconds/minutes that they tried to apprehend her.

When someone behaves in such a way; i.e., fleeing the police doing 80mph on a 25 mph city street, you're inviting your death.

And believe me, people/tourists get "lost and confused" in DC all the time an get too close to barricades, etc. This was different.
my question is why didn't they just shoot out her tires, disable her car, and wait her out? (or talk to her) what happened to all those drones that we have paid for that are supposed to be able to see and monitor anything? How many police were chasing her, for crying out loud?

she may have been "inviting" her death, but it didn't have to happen either.

as far as the media saying that they "saved" her baby, don't they mean that they (luckily) didn't shoot her baby, especially in light of the fact that they didn't know she had a baby in the car at the time!

It seems pretty irresponsible to me for it to have ended this way, but, then again, nothing surprises me anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies