Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 08:27 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Exactly right. The highly partisan, the ignorant, and the just plain stupid see a premium and think "Golly gee! I can afford that premium! Thank you Obama!"

And then they show up at the doctor and find out that the $450 procedure they just had done is not covered because of the deductible and are left scratching their heads how this could be!

What a bunch of ****ing morons.
That is because many of those who need coverage are not ignorant welfare collecting tools. The reason is clear, if they were they would be getting medicaid anyway. Many of those wishing to purchase insurance have been in the game for many years subsidized by their employer for many of those years, paying all those co-pays and deductibles all along just like the rest of us. People fall into new employment and fall out every day. What this programs does is to prevent bankruptcy. $10,000 deductible is a whole lot cheaper than $150,000 medical bill. Many of those millions of uninsured Americans have everything to lose just like you, such as their homes and their kids college education etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 08:30 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Exactly right. The highly partisan, the ignorant, and the just plain stupid see a premium and think "Golly gee! I can afford that premium! Thank you Obama!"

And then they show up at the doctor and find out that the $450 procedure they just had done is not covered because of the deductible and are left scratching their heads how this could be!

What a bunch of ****ing morons.
What is a concern to me is the average American mouth breather who votes and while questioned on the street in front of a camera, could not understand that Obamacare and the ACA are one in the same. They all thought they were talking about two different programs. That tells me most are really ignorant of the issues. Except of course the few on City Data lol. The defenders of ACA refuse to admit that premiums are going sky high and are not affordable by any stretch for most people. They thrust their fists against the post and still refuse to see the ghost...me thinks.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:33 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
This deserves to be quoted again and again, so maybe the cons -- who claim to be all about supporting small business, which includes self-employed people -- will actually see and comprehend it. (I won't hold my breath on that.)

Not only will currently self-employed people benefit tremendously, but it's quite possible that many corporate drones will suddenly realize they don't need to be shackled to jobs they hate anymore and will strike out on their own, secure in the knowledge that they can still get the health insurance they need without paying an exorbitant premium.

A self-employed friend of mine currently pays $950 a month for health insurance. Under the ACA his premium will drop to $380 -- with no subsidy. Yet according to the free-market fundamentalists, he's somehow a "parasite" for just wanting to pay the same rate as someone in a corporate group plan.
And this deserves to be quoted again and again as well.

I find it really sad that so many simply refuse to accept the truth in the above statements.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Have you not seen the Chad Henderson story? He was able to sign up for healthcare! Yea! He's been interviewed by reporters across the country who were desperate to find anyone who had enrolled.
Enroll America passed his info on to reporters.

He's 21. Makes $11,500 per year. His premiums are $175 a month, and he qualifies for no subsidies.

He previously could have gotten insurance for $45 a month, so Obamacare is 300% more expensive than his previous option.

But Chad, conveniently, is an Obama Organizing for America Volunteer, so he openly admits he will pay 300% more to help Obama and his health care law succeed.

This is the big healthcare success story of the week. One Obama volunteer who is paying 300% more for healthcare.

Obamacare Increases Man's Premiums 300%, Supporters Call It a Success Story | Cato @ Liberty
Soooooo, 20% of his gross income goes for health insurance? Good thing he doesn't have a mortgage or a family and good thing he is happy to pay the tab.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Are you another Republican on a government plan?? I guess you haven't had to sit around and decide which catastrophic plan you will choose either the $3,000, 5,000 or 10,000. Most people who oppose the ACA don't have a clue about paying premiums.
I thought you were one to sit around....We have had to go to bare bone plans in the past and survived even not having insurance for years while raising kids. Usually this was due to democrats screwing up the private sector economy.

Most people who oppose ACA DO understand what it takes to pay premiums. I would garner that you have not had much of a career to date and are not self employed. Those are the people who weather ups and downs of an economy and still manage to raise families, put kids through college, save for retirement until do nothing slobs like you rip it out of their hands so they can have some cake and eat it too.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:39 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Have you not seen the Chad Henderson story? He was able to sign up for healthcare! Yea! He's been interviewed by reporters across the country who were desperate to find anyone who had enrolled.
Enroll America passed his info on to reporters.

He's 21. Makes $11,500 per year. His premiums are $175 a month, and he qualifies for no subsidies.

He previously could have gotten insurance for $45 a month, so Obamacare is 300% more expensive than his previous option.

But Chad, conveniently, is an Obama Organizing for America Volunteer, so he openly admits he will pay 300% more to help Obama and his health care law succeed.

This is the big healthcare success story of the week. One Obama volunteer who is paying 300% more for healthcare.

Obamacare Increases Man's Premiums 300%, Supporters Call It a Success Story | Cato @ Liberty

Actually, I think that THIS is the big health care story of the week:

"A lifelong Republican, he was heavily skeptical of the Affordable Care Act when it first passed. “I did not think that Obamacare was going to be a good plan, I did not think that it was going to help me at all,†he told ThinkProgress over the phone.
But after doing a little research, Matthews eventually realized how much the law could help him. And on Tuesday, his local Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) provider confirmed that he would be able to buy a far better plan than his current policy while saving at least $13,000 per year through Arkansas’ Obamacare marketplace."

Meet Butch Matthews, A Republican Who Came To Love Obamacare After Realizing It Will Save Him $13,000 | ThinkProgress

Old 10-04-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats weird, because its clear from reading your posting below

You dont have a clue what you're talking about...
Amen to your post. We have a $10,000 deductible now and are quite content with it. With the ACA we can look forward to a $12,000 deductible. My friend just informed me that she has a $25,000 deductible...and that will be going away and her premiums going up. He really is the poorly informed voter.

I am still withholding final judgment on the ACA until we see the bottom line...but it isn't looking good for the bill since we can't even see the rates on day 4 of the grand opening.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Obamacare just started three days ago.
They knew this was coming for over 3 years. Maybe if the gov had not squandered so much money on lavish parties and trips they could afford some decent programmers eh? NSA seems to be able to find a fly in your soup in a bowl on your kitchen table but the gov cant seem to get this bill off the pot...after 3 years of planning. Scares me a little.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:47 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yea, too bad the republicans submitted a bill to pay VA benefits but Reid said "No, I will not negotiate". Reid screwed you.

FAIL and NEXT.
Nope. Republicans do NOT get to shut down the government with their silly antics and then pick and choose which benefits will be paid and which will not.

Remember Michelle bachmann crowing about what a great day it was when the government shut down?

She sure wasn't worried about VA Benefits then.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Lots of plans are being terminated because of ACA but of course you will have lots of options for other similar plans so why not tell us how much you are paying now and how much you will be paying next year...Who knows you might even be paying less. Its not that hard to find out you know. I suspect you already know the answer.
We pay $600 for the two of us with $10,000 deductible . I have seen rates from $1,675 a month on the calculator to as little as $300 a month with $12,000 deductible but covers far less. The calculators are a guess and I guess we wait and see but it isn't looking positive for you and you may want to remove the blinders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies