Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2013, 03:06 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
The ACA is not a healthcare plan. It is a tax plan that ...
... helps make health coverage more affordable for many of the most vulnerable in society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
NO SUBSIDY FOR US!
A majority of Americans qualify for subsidies. Assuming what you attempted to communicate about your own situation was accurate, then you're quite blessed by society to be extracting so much income from society's economy that you don't qualify for a subsidy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Again - it needs to be worked on if we are to keep it.
As would everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
And quite frankly, I have a plan that is much better than anything offered under the new health care act.
As is proper: Wouldn't you be ranting in outrage if people who's only options were those offered by the government program had better options than you had available to you? Wouldn't you be here beating your chest in outrage that they have access to better choices than you have access to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 03:25 AM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
It was not fun today at work watching the reaction when a 22 year old realized he was being required to buy something he did not want under threat of force.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:42 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
It was not fun today at work watching the reaction when a 22 year old realized he was being required to buy something he did not want under threat of force.
That's EXACTLY what needs to happen to wake them up. This is why I want Obamacare to go forward.

Within a few years, both the premiums and or fines will be high enough for them to REALLY understand.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:02 PM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
... helps make health coverage more affordable for many of the most vulnerable in society.

How nice.

I can't seem to locate the Charity Powers granted in the Constitution however.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:06 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
No matter how much if fails, no matter how much it adds to the debt, they will never admit its a problem. Look at their other love child programs that flat out suck. They still defend them.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:13 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times
bluesjuke -- Article One, Section 8, U.S. Constitution

Old 10-11-2013, 04:32 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

The contempt I feel for these state governments is hard to put in words.
I know what you mean.

Reading the article, I felt like I walked into the middle of a movie.

She claims she was once on Medicaid but because she is now employed part time, she is no longer on Medicaid. I suspect that she was likely pregnant when she was eligible for Medicaid which covers the mother for 60 days post partum. Being poor does not automatically qualify an able adult for Medicaid.

She's now working 20 hours a week in a beauty shop which sounds more like the minimum requirement for TANF benefits. I wonder what the difference is between her current wage and the wage she would qualify for in her state, in absence of the state expanding Medicaid. She could take another part time job.

It was known going in that some would fall into the ACA donut hole, where they don't qualify for a subsidy. That her state chose to not expand Medicare means more than planned will hit the donut hole.

The bottom line is she is in no worse off position than she was pre-ACA.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:11 PM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
How nice.

I can't seem to locate the Charity Powers granted in the Constitution however.
We should return to a government as it was during the dust bowl era, we don't need to help the unfortunate just because they got a bad deal. All these government support systems like social security, Medicare, Medicaid all need to disappear.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:14 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Obamacare:

The first blow comes when they see how much it will cost them to sign up and for some, coverage they don't need.

The second blow will come at tax time when the Obamacare tax eats up the rest of the folks' (the ones who opt out) usual refund they look forward to every year.

Unlike the GOP, I'm not in favor of delay or defund (the Dems will only fund it when they're in charge). I'm only in favor of the Obama pick and choose favoritism being called unconstitutional by the courts. Americans hate favoritism. Unfortunately, a lot of them have to be hit over the head to know what's going on.

Keep calling it Obamacare and reminding people who complain about the cost that it was called the AFFORDABLE Care Act and no Republicans voted for it. Let it flop and make people angry.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:13 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Obamacare:

The first blow comes when they see how much it will cost them to sign up and for some, coverage they don't need.

The second blow will come at tax time when the Obamacare tax eats up the rest of the folks' (the ones who opt out) usual refund they look forward to every year.

Unlike the GOP, I'm not in favor of delay or defund (the Dems will only fund it when they're in charge). I'm only in favor of the Obama pick and choose favoritism being called unconstitutional by the courts. Americans hate favoritism. Unfortunately, a lot of them have to be hit over the head to know what's going on.

Keep calling it Obamacare and reminding people who complain about the cost that it was called the AFFORDABLE Care Act and no Republicans voted for it. Let it flop and make people angry.
** Who doesn't need healthcare??
** Republicans love favoritism - for themselves.
** Obamacare is similar to Romneycare.
Massachusetts poll finds high satisfaction under 'RomneyCare' - The Hill's Healthwatch

Devised by republicans, now suddenly their worst nightmare. Amazing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies