Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 06:37 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,984,243 times

Advertisements

Dr. Gupta, during a conversation with a woman, found a problem...

Let's face it - Obama and the Democrats are just being too compulsive about this health plan problem...they will not admit they have created a "turkey".

The Republicans are right in demanding it be held up a year to sort out.

Obamacare's coverage gap: The poor caught in between - CNN.com

Read it and weep...But for crying out loud, admit a problem and stop trying to twist it around with the usual name calling.

Everyone...please contact the White House, Congress and Senate and send them this article...Let them know we are following what is going on, and are fed up with childish antics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 06:45 PM

46,841 posts, read 25,778,697 times
Default Time for Republican state governments to take care of their constituents.

From your cite:

Quote:
Let me try to explain: In a state that has chosen not to expand Medicaid, Yvonne is in the staggering position of now making too much money to qualify for Medicaid, and too little to obtain subsidies through the Affordable Care Act.
Yvonne is in North Carolina, a state whose Republican state government decided to turn down the Medicaid expansion - a program that would have been fully funded from the Feds until 2016 and at no less than 90% going forward.

Quote:
Everyone...please contact the White House, Congress and Senate and send them this article...Let them know we are following what is going on, and are fed up with childish antics.
She has nobody but her own state government to thank for this. The Federal government tried to reach out. Her state government decided they'd rather see her uninsured than be seen as supportive of the PPACA. Yay, States' Rights!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/03/he...agewanted=all&

The contempt I feel for these state governments is hard to put in words.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:50 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,818,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
From your cite:

Yvonne is in North Carolina, a state whose Republican state government decided to turn down the Medicaid expansion - a program that would have been fully funded from the Feds until 2016 and at no less than 90% going forward.

She has nobody but her own state government to thank for this. The Federal government tried to reach out. Her state government decided they'd rather see her uninsured than be seen as supportive of the PPACA. Yay, States' Rights!

Not sure how this works?

Rich Congress Critters and their cohorts (AKA: Aides) get subsidized health care.

If your Really poor .. Not so much!

I put 0's into all the fields (Which means .. I live in squaller).. and I was told to leave the page .. Forthwith!

(Well .. I'm exaggerating but .. I'm gonna go apply for my Obama Phone anyway!)

Subsidy Calculator: Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Old 10-03-2013, 06:54 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,708,457 times
That's funny of Obama is now to blame for Republicans kicking people off of Medicaid and now need to fix it. I wonder which gubbermint plan the OP is on? Medicare, Tricare, or VA those are the favorites.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:54 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,894,537 times
Quote:
... The contempt I feel for these state governments is hard to put in words.
You can feel all of the contempt you need to ..

When this country was founded, it was a Republic, and the States ruled supreme.

It's not the central governments job to force anything on the states .. this is what got us into trouble in the first place .. and it's very likely that we wouldn't be in this whole insurance boon-doggle if the central government would have minded their place and left the states alone from the beginning.

There isn't a problem that exists in any of the states, that didn't first reside at the central government .. blow back can be a real beotch, but it is what it is ...

It's not the state's fault .. if you were to study up on your history, you might discover that most to nearly all of these problems were created and supported by, the central government ..

Old 10-03-2013, 06:55 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,611,648 times
They won't. The liberal media is promoting it as the best thing since sliced break. Allah Obama, Allah Obama

Old 10-03-2013, 07:04 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,526,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post

Let's face it - Obama and the Democrats are just being too compulsive about this health plan problem...they will not admit they have created a "turkey".

Read it and weep...But for crying out loud,admit a problem and stop trying to twist it around with the usual name calling.

The "problem" is not addressing the fact that 48 million of your fellow 'Americans" do not have "health insurance" and have to stagger into Emergency rooms everyday!
I'm sure Dr. Gupta with his generous salary from CNN doesn't have too worry too much about his "healthcare".

Old 10-03-2013, 07:04 PM

26,889 posts, read 15,107,512 times
Quote:
From your cite:

The Federal government reached out grabbed us by the throat and mandated us to lesser citizens.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:06 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,734,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post

Read it and weep...But for crying out loud, admit a problem and stop trying to twist it around with the usual name calling.

Obamacare is doing well in states that are trying to make it work and not so well in states that are putting up roadblocks, I wonder why that is? Soon enough citizens of the states that are being shortchanged will start asking why other states are doing well when it comes to health care and their state is lacking in that area.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:08 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,984,243 times
I see at least one of the "manically depressed compulsives" started with the name calling/slander already. How pathetic.

Folks - the healthcare law can be good for many people...But, what we now have is a half-baked crock of crap.

The right thing is to postpone it, to sort out what the hell we have in it.

At this point, Obamas legacy will be giving the next 2 elections to the Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies