Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2013, 03:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,466,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I used to think that both liberalism and conservatism were compassionate in their own ways, but after seeing what passes for true conservatism in this country, I've got to say that liberalism is more compassionate. Never met more heartless meaner folks than Tea Partiers. (They're the "true" conservatives, you know)

That said, there are plenty of center right people (aka RINO's, to use conservative/tea party lexicon) who are decent and give to the poor of their own accord. They just think private charity is better, but don't think government help should be eliminated altogether.

But those people aren't "true" conservatives anymore.
I agree with you. There are plenty of center right politicians who I believe are decent. It's the very far right (that is now destroying the Republican party) that gives the appearance of being 'heartless and mean'.

We all know that Romney wasn't far enough right to suit the Tea Partiers - but they do like to trot him out now and again when it suits their purpose.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:45 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,469,024 times
The difference between liberals and conservatives is that liberals have empathy. Conservatives just have greed. The conservative greed can be traced backed to Ayn Ran, Uncle Mitt, and Gordon Gekko. The Conservative motto is: I got mine, *********.

On the flip side, liberals care about their fellow man. Instead of being sociopaths, liberals want to see our fellow man to succeed. We also created things like child labor laws, SS, Medicare, SNAP, and the GI Bill. Cons violently opposed every single measure.

Last edited by A Common Anomaly; 10-05-2013 at 03:57 PM..

Old 10-05-2013, 03:52 PM

234 posts, read 184,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Not going to happen for the following reason, the amount the government is doing, its plans it intent, it is not sustainable...

Plus “childlike emotionalism applied to adult issues" Very seldom does any issue that doesn’t involve pandering to their supporters boil down at its core level to more than feeling “nice” or “mean” to liberals. This makes liberals ill equipped to deal with complex issues.
Oh, I agree. That is why 'liberals' want everything handled for them as they obey the commands from those who really care, those they adore.

I think it can be sustained. It requires people to continuously be distracted and informed about silly things and so far the tactic is working. And with technology today, never underestimate what that can do, how easily it will be adopted by empty heads looking for a new flashing toy to be occupied by.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:23 PM

234 posts, read 184,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
The difference between liberals and conservatives is that liberals have empathy. Conservatives just have greed. The conservative greed can be traced backed to Ayn Ran, Uncle Mitt, and Gordon Gekko. The Conservative motto is: I got mine, *********.

On the flip side, liberals care about their fellow man. Instead of being sociopaths, liberals want to see our fellow man to secede. We also created things like child labor laws, SS, Medicare, SNAP, and the GI Bill. Cons violently opposed every single measure.
How flagrant a lie!

Liberals use the word empathy and a 'lack' thereof to disguise their rampant greed, their sociopathic push that everyone be punished for doing what they shouldn't be doing which is whatever they feel is wrong. They embrace 'highly functional autism' as a mental illness to force everyone to care about something they choose to portray as evil, directing it into more support that everyone get a free ride just because they get born. They use guilt as a weapon as they have nothing else but learned the power of shaming from conservatives. Liberals are just like monotheists hoping to get god on their side, a god they think they will create thru pseudo-science and snake oil medicines.

There is no volition in modern liberal modes other than to get everyone on a teat and to relinquish any sense or purpose, bit by bit. It's all just spun theory as to how things should be, as a dictator would like them since social control is easier when everybody must rely on the state for support and a voice. So liberals will prevail, even though they have no clue what it is they are demanding but demand it anyway because it sounds like the right thing to want and makes them feel the way children do when they have a new kitten or puppy to play with. So there you have it: Modern liberals will win because people are so very stupefied these days they can see nothing other than give up their will in order to be coddled and paid for while being cheerfully led. They were born into a dependency they had no control over entering and the difference is that this 'reliance' on the state will make them common and dull and idiotic for all the worth they will have being subsidized and informed how they are no better than anyone else. They want life to be equalized by the discriminating eye of the DHHS and only urchin children need a parental figure to give them credence, a sense of self. Congratulations on soaking up all that rhetoric gussied up in responsible freedom talk orated by ministers of control.

But here's a warning: Those with the resources are planning a great culling. Bio-tech can make for some potent genocide directed upon pre-selected genomic sequences. Certainly, proclaiming such makes me heartless but truth is true, not make-believe true truth and sadly, I know the truth. If liberals could get past coveting what everybody else has in their bank accounts they might see what is coming, but they can't help but think about all that money someone else has, those who are 'unempathetic' or whatever. If they could allow life to be lived without monotheistic plays using shame and guilt, they might be interesting to notice or even talk to, but losers always grasp what the winners use on them and take it up themselves against their foes. What a fine fail for those who wish to convince others how much more free they are over their 'oppressors'. All they did was replace an official god with a state-sanctioned concept of god, and how mighty the vanquishing done by regulation and protections and health terrors.

Place yourself outside of yourself and notice that nothing changes in this world really but the wardrobe. All you're doing is putting on shackles that look like fashionable bracelets and for all the dresses and suits that you think make you look socially dapper and astute simply makes you look avante-garde in a world very much like the one you want gone. Sophistry, pure sophistry fueled by delusions.

Last edited by That Smell; 10-05-2013 at 04:31 PM..

Old 10-05-2013, 04:24 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,418,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
False compassion, of course. Liberals like to complain, but want others to pay for and work to "solve" the problems that they see with society. Thier job is to complain, just a helpless infant in a dirty diaper- the child knows there is a mess somewhere, but wants and adult to "fix it".

1. If liberals actually cared about the poor, they would start promoting policies that may make them rich, rather than perpetually poor.

2. If liberals actually cared about the homeless, they would take a homeless person into thier home.

3. If liberals actually cared about "CO2 emissions", they would all ride bikes and give up air conditioning and central heat.

4. If liberals actually cared about urban crime, they move into crime ridden neighborhoods to "set an example" for their fellow man.

5. If liberals actually cared about tax revenues for federal programs they want, they would simply voluntarily pay more taxes each year.

6. If liberals actually cared about illegals, they would sponser a mexican family and help them gain citizenship.

7. If liberals cared about "the hungry", they would volunteer and work at the local food pantry.

Liberals are simply the biggest hypocrites on the planet. Like an infant with a dirty diaper, they simply whine, do nothing, and hope to God that an adult can help them. Oh............. I forgot........... they don't believe in God. They hope that Lord Barry can help them.

PS- watch how liberals tip in restaurants. They are the cheapest SOBs on the planet and begrudge a hard working person a decent tip. It is embarrassing to have dinner with libs- I always "take over" their tip to spare them the humiliation.
Spot on Hawk!

Old 10-05-2013, 04:25 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,418,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Leftists use the government to steal other people's money. They're criminals.
Yep and once they have made their millions they want that road closed so nobody else can!

Old 10-05-2013, 04:40 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,469,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Smell View Post
How flagrant a lie!

Liberals use the word empathy and a 'lack' thereof to disguise their rampant greed, their sociopathic push that everyone be punished for doing what they shouldn't be doing which is whatever they feel is wrong. They embrace 'highly functional autism' as a mental illness to force everyone to care about something they choose to portray as evil, directing it into more support that everyone get a free ride just because they get born. They use guilt as a weapon as they have nothing else but learned the power of shaming from conservatives. Liberals are just like monotheists hoping to get god on their side, a god they think they will create thru pseudo-science and snake oil medicines.

There is no volition in modern liberal modes other than to get everyone on a teat and to relinquish any sense or purpose, bit by bit. It's all just spun theory as to how things should be, as a dictator would like them since social control is easier when everybody must rely on the state for support and a voice. So liberals will prevail, even though they have no clue what it is they are demanding but demand it anyway because it sounds like the right thing to want and makes them feel the way children do when they have a new kitten or puppy to play with. So there you have it: Modern liberals will win because people are so very stupefied these days they can see nothing other than give up their will in order to be coddled and paid for while being cheerfully led. They were born into a dependency they had no control over entering and the difference is that this 'reliance' on the state will make them common and dull and idiotic for all the worth they will have being subsidized and informed how they are no better than anyone else. They want life to be equalized by the discriminating eye of the DHHS and only urchin children need a parental figure to give them credence, a sense of self. Congratulations on soaking up all that rhetoric gussied up in responsible freedom talk orated by ministers of control.

But here's a warning: Those with the resources are planning a great culling. Bio-tech can make for some potent genocide directed upon pre-selected genomic sequences. Certainly, proclaiming such makes me heartless but truth is true, not make-believe true truth and sadly, I know the truth. If liberals could get past coveting what everybody else has in their bank accounts they might see what is coming, but they can't help but think about all that money someone else has, those who are 'unempathetic' or whatever. If they could allow life to be lived without monotheistic plays using shame and guilt, they might be interesting to notice or even talk to, but losers always grasp what the winners use on them and take it up themselves against their foes. What a fine fail for those who wish to convince others how much more free they are over their 'oppressors'. All they did was replace an official god with a state-sanctioned concept of god, and how mighty the vanquishing done by regulation and protections and health terrors.

Place yourself outside of yourself and notice that nothing changes in this world really but the wardrobe. All you're doing is putting on shackles that look like fashionable bracelets and for all the dresses and suits that you think make you look socially dapper and astute simply makes you look avante-garde in a world very much like the one you want gone. Sophistry, pure sophistry fueled by delusions.
I have been working since I was 14, and put myself through college. I have been financially independent since I was 18.

I still believe in things like SS, Medicare, public education, a clean environment, safe working atmosphere, child labor laws, minimum wages, roads, bridges, and civil liberties.

We tried it your way over in the Northern Marianas, and what did it result in? Sweatshops, forced abortions, sex trade, and people living in squalor.

I am sorry, but we need some decency in society, and you are not.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:46 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,730,331 times
Quote:

On the flip side, liberals care about their fellow man. Instead of being sociopaths, liberals want to see our fellow man to succeed. We also created things like child labor laws, SS, Medicare, SNAP, and the GI Bill. Cons violently opposed every single measure.
..no liberal have greed, if they had empathy they would use their time and their money, not mine...

What of the debt my generation has been slatted with? how is that empathy? how is that compassionate?

Old 10-05-2013, 04:49 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,730,331 times
Quote:
I have been working since I was 14, and put myself through college. I have been financially independent since I was 18.

I still believe in things like SS, Medicare, public education, a clean environment, safe working atmosphere, child labor laws, minimum wages, roads, bridges, and civil liberties.

We tried it your way over in the Northern Marianas, and what did it result in? Sweatshops, forced abortions, sex trade, and people living in squalor.

I am sorry, but we need some decency in society, and you are not.
So if we don't support you wrapped, nebulous "for the greater good" ideals we are for Sweatshops, forced abortions, sex trade, and people living in squalor? funny, you need a out of control government and a disarmed public for that..what to the statist want?

Old 10-05-2013, 05:27 PM

32,009 posts, read 36,673,317 times
Quote:

That is me, too. I have run two small businesses and created quite a number of jobs, helped raise a passel of children and grandchildren and have put a slew of other people through school. I've stayed involved in local politics and charities and can tell you that takes up a huge amount of time, money and aggravation.

I believe in the same things you mention and don't mind paying for them. Likewise, I have no patience for ripoffs or government waste, as what we put into the system we could arguably keep for ourselves.

Where the so-called "conservatives" left me is when they veered off into things like religion, gays and abortion. It seems to me the last thing a conservative would want is the government sticking its snout into who can get married, how a woman is supposed to live her life and what your personal beliefs are supposed to be.

I also never understood what was conservative about going off to war against a country that had never attacked us. We've got plenty on our plate right here.

I also never understood why it is conservative not to give high priority to our environment. What could be more conservative than taking care of our own planet?

So I am somewhere in the middle now, and not really comfortable with the extremists on either side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.