Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2013, 11:00 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,618,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I remember back in high school when the price of gas started skyrocketing and everyone was saying we would hit 5-6 dollars a gallon in a few years. At least that didn't happen!
We came close to it during the July 4th weekend in 2008. That weekend (w/o adjustment for inflation) was the historical high under the Bush administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 12:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,940,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Most of the people that are complaining could afford a $30k new car and how the hell does 40 miles round trip or each way = 129 miles
I have a 30k car that get's 40 mpg and I'm still complaining. We should not allow Wall Street run the economy. When oil reached $150 it was nothing more than the markets running the prices up because they could.

It's not about the price you pay but rather the idea that we allow Wall Street so much control over the economy.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:30 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,525,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Filled up yesterday afternoon and it was down to $3.07/gal.

Thank you, Mr President!

Obama supporters are quick to claim that the high gas prices (which have gone up since he was elected) are his fault.

By that same reasoning, lowering of gas prices (temporary as they be) cannot be credited to Obama either.

You really can't have it both ways.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
What about the $4+ that it was during the summer of '08 before the economy collapsed? Anyone who brings up the price of gas when Obama came into office is intellectually dishonest.
Or recalling actual as it was prior to the liberal revisionists getting their hands on it.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Good job, Mr President!

You mean because he could not convince congress or the international community to go along with him?

Good job at collapsing.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,901,626 times
Quote:
Gas prices rise, RWNJs scream, "Just wait until it gets to $5/gal! Impeach Obama!"

Gas prices fall, RWNJs stand silent.
Most of us know the President isnt responsible for prices of gas.. You yourself said so when they were rising.. Now all of a sudden you're thanking him..

yes, hypocrite is the proper word.
Quote:
Except for some childish insults.

Enjoy your cheaper fuel.

Thank the president, while you're at it.

Only if i'm a hypocrite would I thank the President for something he hasnt done, just like I never blamed him for the increases..

I see though you dont have a problem being one.. So according to your argument, Obama is responsible for them doubling in cost, since he became President?

Old 10-07-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Most of the people that are complaining could afford a $30k new car and how the hell does 40 miles round trip or each way = 129 miles
You do realize that if the electric car ever became the predominate vehicle, the government would just raise the taxes on electricity to offset the taxes lost on gas, right?

Raise them enough so that people would complain about the price of electricity (more than they already are).

Old 10-07-2013, 02:37 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,407,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Most of us know the President isnt responsible for prices of gas.. You yourself said so when they were rising.. Now all of a sudden you're thanking him..

yes, hypocrite is the proper word.

Only if i'm a hypocrite would I thank the President for something he hasnt done, just like I never blamed him for the increases..

I see though you dont have a problem being one.. So according to your argument, Obama is responsible for them doubling in cost, since he became President?
A couple of months ago, this forum was full of posts from RWNJs griping about gas prices and laying the blame on the president. It would be hypocritical of the right to now ignore the significant drop in those prices. It would also be hypocritical to disavow the earlier linkage for hyperpartisan convenience.

Obama's done a good job as president. A particularly sharp contrast to his predecessor.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:38 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,407,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
You mean because he could not convince congress or the international community to go along with him?

Good job at collapsing.
Enjoy the absence of another stupid middle east war and lower gas prices.

Good job, Mr President!

Old 10-07-2013, 02:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,901,626 times
Quote:
A couple of months ago, this forum was full of posts from RWNJs griping about gas prices and laying the blame on the president. It would be hypocritical of the right to now ignore the significant drop in those prices. It would also be hypocritical to disavow the earlier linkage for hyperpartisan convenience.

Obama's done a good job as president. A particularly sharp contrast to his predecessor.

OBAMA himself said that Presidents were responsible for high gas prices..

Are you calling him a liar, or are you a hypocrite? Why cant you answer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies