Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 02:37 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
rubbish. the republicans were tasked with getting rid of obamacare
Based on the crafty establishment of uber save districts not the will of the American public at large which out voted Republican Congressional candidates.
A majority of Americans disapprove of the Republicans in Congress, yet the odds remain in the party’s favor that it will retain control of the House. One big reason the Republicans have this edge: their district boundaries are drawn so carefully that the only votes that often matter come from fellow Republicans.
Republicans Win Congress as Democrats Get Most Votes - Bloomberg

Quote:
when is fighting bad law now a bad thing to do? obamcare is bad law in so many ways. it is unworkable and the democrats know it.
It is never bad to fight against a law that you are opposed to (I'll leave the quality of the law to others) the problem is that the majority of Americans have spoke twice on the issue. As a candidate Obama healthcare reform was a signature issue of his campaign, he won. In 2008, one of the central issues of the campaign was the Affordable Care Act. Romney was opposed and Obama was not. Obama won. The Republicans in Congress have proffered 44 bills to repeal "Obamacare" they have lost 44 times. Holding the operation of government hostage to essentially repeal legislation that was at the center of two presidential elections, and 44 failed attempts to repeal, and which has sustained constitutional challenge in the courts is not how a democracy works. It is stupid, it will fail, and the Republicans no it. The problem now is that they have painted themselves into an untenable corner which even they don't know how to extricate themselves from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 02:47 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,135,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So let me get this straight. Our previous health insurance system was so awful, it had to be replaced IMMEDIATELY with ObamaCare, or old people would die, and children would suffer.

But this current health insurance system is far worse, with higher costs and more regulation, but there's no need to change is ever.

Do I have that about right?
It is that bad, correct. Apparently you have no clue in how bad it really is, so I will not cut and paste literally thousands of facts and figures, statistics. And above all the **** poor results for-profit health insurance has done in providing coverage. I paid premiums for decades and I was happy as a clam until someone in my family became very ill and that was the end of that. So, I got first hand experience in how lousy our system really is. Not to mention the costs to employers who then have to compete world wide with this stinking system adding substantial cost of doing business and competing. The system needs to change, Obamacare is not the answer but it is a start. As I stated in my earlier post, if the republicans could articulate a better plan I'm all for it but, by and large, they have not!

Old 10-04-2013, 02:50 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So let me get this straight. Our previous health insurance system was so awful, it had to be replaced IMMEDIATELY with ObamaCare, or old people would die, and children would suffer.

But this current health insurance system is far worse, with higher costs and more regulation, but there's no need to change is ever.

Do I have that about right?
Pure opinion. Data-driven studies say otherwise.

Old 10-04-2013, 02:55 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Nice try ... but the whole thing was perfectly legal. AND confirmed by the Supreme Court.

Why do you hate the American system of governance?
because it sucks... I hope you get suspended for saying that. i was once. I said the very same thing...

Old 10-04-2013, 02:57 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
because it sucks... I hope you get suspended for saying that. i was once. I said the very same thing...
Well, as you well know, one can never tell what will get one suspended here.

So you think our system of justice sucks? What do you prefer? A third-world version? Or one in which only conservatives get justice and "*******s" are all sent to jail?

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Such an erudite and cogent criticism. Not only do Republicans act like taciturn 13 year olds they, sound like them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It was legit, can't help that you and the rest of the tea party ilk are sore losers about it. It can be legitimately repealed if opponents win enough electoral support to pass a repeal into law.

If you don't like to abide by the Constitution, then...sorry, you're not going to like living here.
Well i didn't get to read it and I didn't get to sign it either so I consider myself exempt anyway. If you want to fine me it's ok to try.....bring a tail to hang down between your legs because anyone who does try will be leaving that way.

I never once voted for this fool of a pres, and i have never once considered that fool a pres. A dolt yes, pres no.

Any you think you can school me on the CONS? LOL Not even your chump Obama could do that. As close to CONS Law as he got was pushing a broom at Harvard. Affirmative Action Dolt is all he is.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Well, as you well know, one can never tell what will get one suspended here.

So you think our system of justice sucks? What do you prefer? A third-world version? Or one in which only conservatives get justice and "*******s" are all sent to jail?
That is the Obama Plan and always has been. That dolt is highly motivated to make the USA the newest 3rd world country just ask Putin.

I think the PC *******s should be used to line the Oceans. What difference would it make? You traded off all your Rights for cheap security 5 years ago.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Such an erudite and cogent criticism. Not only do Republicans act like taciturn 13 year olds they, sound like them too.
Are you making an poor attempt to be articulate? Don't bother. DILIGAF

Old 10-04-2013, 03:08 PM

LOL

President Barack Obama decided to stay home from economic summits in Asia as Democrats stepped up pressure on congressional Republicans to rein in their tea party faction and reopen the government with no strings attached. House Republicans said that with Congress and the president in town this weekend, now is the perfect time to start negotiating a plan to reopen the government.
“All I’m asking for is let’s sit down, like the American people would expect us, and talk to one another about getting the government open and dealing with the significant problems that we face,” House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, told reporters Friday.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...#ixzz2gn1Ibusa

OBOMBER can't handle the truth that he isn't counted among real nation leaders.. Bad foot in mouth disease as usual.

Ahh err umm lalala he's off to play golf.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies