Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 03:22 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
The smell test? You have no idea how my business is even structured, and yet call me a liar? I have a personal plan as it works out better for tax and accounting purposes. I guess wandering the emerald city has left you out of touch with reality.

I am certainly not going to scan and post my insurance statements to appease anonymous internet users. I could care less if it is believable to you, I am the one that has to pay the significant increase. I am just venting my disdain for the morons elected to run our country/economy into the ground. I can afford the $600, but what about those that cannot? This is going to have long reaching financial implications.
Next they'll argue that higher insurance policy prices is good for the economy right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Go to ehealthinsurance and price 2014 plans. $869 sounds high, but I don't know the details of your policy. I should note, that as an employer you will get to write off your deductible and get a 30% - 50% subsidy if you buy through the SHOP on healthcare.gov. The details are in the IRS code.

Small Business Health Care Tax Credit for Small Employers

Obamacare eliminated high deductible plans. The people that want the HDP can't get them anymore. Emplioyer plans aren't cheaper than private plans until you have a large enough employee base.
Do any of you small business owners pay $50K in insurance premiums? This sounds more like midsize to larger businesses to me. Information below:

The credit will be available to eligible employers for two consecutive taxable years.

If you pay $50,000 a year toward workers’ health care premiums — and if you qualify for a 15 percent credit, you save... $7,500. If you save $7,500 a year from tax year 2010 through 2013, that’s total savings of $30,000. If, in 2014, you qualify for a slightly larger credit, say 20 percent, your savings go from $7,500 a year to $10,000 a year.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:29 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,839,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Go to ehealthinsurance and price 2014 plans. $869 sounds high, but I don't know the details of your policy. I should note, that as an employer you will get to write off your deductible and get a 30% - 50% subsidy if you buy through the SHOP on healthcare.gov. The details are in the IRS code.

Small Business Health Care Tax Credit for Small Employers

Obamacare eliminated high deductible plans. The people that want the HDP can't get them anymore. Emplioyer plans aren't cheaper than private plans until you have a large enough employee base.
I appreciate the info. I have quite a bit of reading to do and then will speak to our CPA to determine the right course for the future. In a nutshell, none of us have had any medical issues. To have to pay over $10k a year for insurance is robbery, especially given we have never even made a claim.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:34 PM

Well the point is we didn't think our policies would terminated and we were also told our cost would not go up. Both which turned to be false. In one speech Obama went as far to say that business owners would pay 3000% less which is ridiculous

Then Obama went on to say because of the 3000% reduction employers would be able to give them raises. His supporters cheered. Where are these peoples heads?

Old 10-04-2013, 03:36 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
I'll be saving over $3000 per year thanks to the new law. If you're unhappy with it, call your representative.

Glad I could help.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:37 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Oh, BS, you can still insurance the same way you always have.
Obviously not. Wake the f%#k up and listen to what is going on.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'll be saving over $3000 per year thanks to the new law. If you're unhappy with it, call your representative.

Glad I could help.
So what were your premiums, deductibles and co-pays and what will they be now?

Old 10-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Wait, Obamacare exchanges are online (even SHOP for small businesses)...how did you just get a letter with your plan?

Why would you get personal health insurance when you have a small business and can get insurance through that?

This doesn't even pass the smell test. If you are going to make up false stories, at least try and get it right.
Agreed, this story is 100% BS. The OP is neglecting to tell us that they are talking about a personal policy not purchased through an exchange - this is not Obamacare it is just his insurance company changing their product and rates.

Maybe the OP could post a scanned image of the letter and prove us wrong.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas
Oh, BS, you can still insurance the same way you always have.
You don't comprehend well obviously. Who said they can't get insurance?

If you like your insurance you can keep it PERIOD - FALSE
You will save 3000% - FALSE
Your health care insurance will go down - FALSE

Old 10-04-2013, 03:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

Glad I could help.
Is your premium the same cost as your cable bill? Your cell phone bill? Why did the POTUS need to misrepresent the cost? Is it proper for the POTUS to use such tricks to mislead the American public?
Car dealerships used to use that scam. Advertise a car at a ridiculously low price then as people show up to buy claim they only had 1 at that price and it's sold already. This isn't the first time that he has intentionally misrepresented the facts to the extreme. Do you find this practice acceptable?
For every person that saves, how many will pay a lot more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies