Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 01:05 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times

Advertisements

are all liberals new to politics? do they think "their guy/gal" is an ethical politician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 03:17 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
are all liberals new to politics? do they think "their guy/gal" is an ethical politician.
No, but liberal politicians are smart enough to show how unethical they are on an open mic..Aren't republicans the party of ethics and business? Guess that was always a lie.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:20 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
No, but liberal politicians are smart enough to show how unethical they are on an open mic..Aren't republicans the party of ethics and business? Guess that was always a lie.
no politicians belong to the party of ethics. again, are you new to politics?

Old 10-05-2013, 03:24 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,430 times
lol......tea baggers hate democracy.

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
The Republicans are not that smart. The party of FAMILY VALUES, remember?

Isn't THAT rich.

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I think they should stick to their guns too. They have been willing to fund the entire government from the start, and simply want to negotiate on two small parts of the ACA.

This is news to me. what two small parts is the Republican house congressmen willing to negotiate on?

For all this time, I have believed that this inaction by house republicans which forced a governmental shut-down was to force defunding and therefore a repeal of ACA.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well let's see. The republicans have offered bills to fund everything, including the NIH, which funds cancer research for children.

MSNBC said Republicans seem to "prefer reopening war memorials to" resuming cancer treatments for "living children." That's the grotesque, hyper-partisan spin from MSNBC's Bashir, while he completely omitted Sen. Reid's "Why would I want to do that?" comments, which occurred earlier that same day.

that combined with the White house accusing the Republicans of being extortionists with bombs strapped to their chest. Then yes, I'd say the Republicans are fighting a propaganda war from both the dems and the media
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I KNOW. Isn't it hilarious how they want to offer a bill, one by one, to fund things they think might make them look bad?

How about we don't shut down the government instead? Lest anyone wonder if they are taking us hostage - just think what would happen if Obama said - ok, let's defund my signature healthcare bill, 'just like you wanted Ted". The Pubs would fund the government so fast it would make your head spin. So, YES, they ARE holding the entire country hostage over the ACA. And they look worse every single day.
This ^^^...I'll add that it's quite hypocritical that republicans are attempting an end run around the legislative process. You lost, fair and square, two elections, and a Supreme Court ruling but you just can't accept it. What republicans are doing is treasonous.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:30 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
For those who can't or won't open the video, here's a transcript of the conversation, emphasis added:

Quote:
"I just did CNN and I just go over and over again 'We're willing to compromise. We're willing to negotiate.' I think... I don't think they poll tested we won't negotiate. I think it's awful for [Democrats] to say that over and over again," Paul said.

"Yeah, I do too and I, and I just came back from that two hour meeting with them and that, and that was basically the same view privately as it was publicly," McConnell agreed.

Paul added, "I think if we keep saying, 'We wanted to defund it. We fought for that and that we're willing to compromise on this', I think they can't, we're gonna, I think... well, I know we don't want to be here, but we're gonna win this, I think."

Which is, of course, the whole problem. They're not trying to solve a huge problem, they're trying to WIN!! At any cost!
Actually, I think it reflects the fact that the GOP is completely stymied by the fact that the Democrats and the President aren't caving. Cantor said as much in a memo to Conservatives a few days back. They are incredulous that the left is standing firm. After all, they always caved to Conservatives before. And since that was their entire game plan, they're floundering around trying to figure out where to go from here. There never was an endgame other than that the Democrats give in to their demands.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:51 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
lol......tea baggers hate democracy.
lol......progressives love mob rule and force

Old 10-05-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol......progressives love mob rule and force
Progressives are patriots that don't try to circumvent the legislative process by shutting down the government because they're still in the mist of a 4 year hissy fit over a law they can't repeal legally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies