Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 05:53 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
And if we'd quit when our first 25 rockets blew up on he launch pad, we'd never had a space/missle defense program.

Technical glitches won't stop Obamacare. Neither will Republican footdragging.
Obamacare will stop obamacare, technical glithches aside.

Nothing good can come of approving massive legislation by nuclear option and not knowing what is in it.

Obamacare is like handing someone a giant tree and claiming they just gave you a house....all it needs is some cutting and fitting and.......eventually you will have a wonderul home that will keep you warm in the winter and protect you from harmful intruders. It just requires some tweaking.

They sold you a lot in a florida swamp and convinced you it will be a major city with skyrocketing investment property profit.

Good luck with that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 06:47 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Actually, this is incredibly common with large-scale game releases. Simcity 5 was the largest well-publicized example.
Dane, they cited on the one tech page linked to previously 52 separate uncompressed JS files the page was requesting after you hit the "apply now" button which they have apparently since fixed. You're technically savy, come on... You can get away with that on smaller site but if you're expecting millions of visitors that's stuff that needs to be taken care before you launch. That's stuff even the lowest level web developer needs to be aware of.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Dane, they cited on that report 52 separate uncompressed JS files the page was requesting after you hit the "apply now" button which they have apparently since fixed. You're technically savy, come on... You can get away with that on smaller site but if you're expecting millions of visitors that's stuff that needs to be taken care before you launch.
They don't care. There's no money involved. There's no reputation to uphold.
It's this site or no site.
This is the government..you take what they give you.

And these guys think they can manage the internet for us...ROFLMAO.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:58 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
The same people who somehow acquired ss numbers so they could steal people's tax refunds will be using the info stolen from the exchanges to take everything they own.

I suspect this is a feature not a bug.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:00 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Obamacare will stop obamacare, technical glithches aside.

Nothing good can come of approving massive legislation by nuclear option and not knowing what is in it.
Bingo.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:23 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
The website is so bad I hear ,that one could pull up the White House lunch menu and order, instead of picking a health care plan.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:45 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
I am about to join the kooks in calling for a delay in the mandate at least until they fix the web site. This has to be the worst user site I have ever seen and I have seen a lot of them. Today, I can get further than I ever have before as it seems to be running reasonably well once you get past the first screen. BUT:

1. You get asked a bunch of ID verification questions which you answer perfectly. Then you get told something is wrong and your ID can't be verified. They don't tell you which one you supposedly answered wrong, but refer you to a credit reporting agency to fix the errors! You call that number and get told "Call back at another time".

2. You see there is an option to upload some ID to prove who the credit agency says you are not. So you dutifully scan your ID and send it. Poof! Instantly you get a rejection message, but it never downloads properly instead saying if you don't "eventually" get the document then your Adobe Reader is bad. Right..

3. Choices you make in the drop down menus are incorrectly inserted in your "profile". At the end of all the zillion questions you have the chance to fix these "errors". When you do you basically have to start all over and go through all the screens again! But get this. When you get to the end the "error" is still there.

This this is a cluster-F from hell. I am a very savvy computer user. I can't imagine someone who does not have a high skill level working their way through this mess.

Fix it NOW or extend the mandate!

Old 10-06-2013, 10:49 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
And if we'd quit when our first 25 rockets blew up on he launch pad, we'd never had a space/missle defense program.

Technical glitches won't stop Obamacare. Neither will Republican footdragging.
How many billions of dollars in lost productivity is being lost because people keep trying to get the website to work for them?

Old 10-06-2013, 10:51 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Actually, this is incredibly common with large-scale game releases. Simcity 5 was the largest well-publicized example.
So its incredibly common for game systems to ask if my son is pregnant, and if my duaghter (who's 10), pays alimony?

the site is so poorly designed, I spent 2 hours into it, to actually tell them we are a family of 4, and now it crashed again on reviewing income...

I'm stuck at
Sorry, we can't find that page
on HealthCare.gov

We've recently reorganized our site, and that may explain it.
It's also possible that you typed the address incorrectly.
Search HealthCare.gov

Search
Please include the reference ID below if you wish to contact us at 1-800-318-2596 for support.
Error from: https%3A//www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/auth/OH/en_US/%u201D/downloads/employer-coverage-tool.pdf%u201D
Reference ID: 0.cdf7817.1381078349.1ab0aec

Old 10-06-2013, 11:01 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Why of course it's poorly planned. It's done by the same idiot politicians who decided to put a Consulate in Benghazi without much security.
You really think the Congress designed the software, don't you? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies