Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 02:25 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,580,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
The bill is available on the internet and it isn't that long. I wont even waste the time to link to it but it can be read in about 5 minutes. Republicans have had 3 years to read it and find out what was wrong and yet after 3 years all they can say is lets defund the ACA. The biggest failure though of the Republicans is they haven't offered an alternative plan. The one that is the closest is almost a complete joke. They offer tax deductions that low income people are supposed to take. How does that help if you barely pay taxes. A high income earner writes off $5,000 and some guy barely getting by gets $100. You have to love the Republicans though since that didn't take 2,000 pages.
lol, you won't link to it because it can be read in about 5 minutes? Oh that makes sense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 02:27 AM

3,695 posts, read 4,964,007 times
Text of H.R. 3590 (111th): Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Passed Congress/Enrolled Bill version) - GovTrack.us

if you want to read it.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:32 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,580,882 times
ROFLMAO, you can read that in "about 5 minutes"? Have a look everyone borregokid says he can read it in 5 minutes. Gd you guys are entertaining.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:37 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,706,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
ROFLMAO, you can read that in "about 5 minutes"? Have a look everyone borregokid says he can read it in 5 minutes. Gd you guys are entertaining.
Ok so how long do you think it would take? Its not 2000 pages.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:47 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,409,670 times
They will only care if their rates go up. The 50% who pay no federal taxes won't care because they're getting more than they're giving. It's the 50% who get the bill who care but there are enough in this group voting for the freebies that those of us standing against them will lose and get the bill.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:59 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,706,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
They will only care if their rates go up. The 50% who pay no federal taxes won't care because they're getting more than they're giving. It's the 50% who get the bill who care but there are enough in this group voting for the freebies that those of us standing against them will lose and get the bill.
I wish the people who are opposed to the ACA and who are actually effected by it would post some numbers rather than blathering a bunch of non-sense. My wife and I will pay $100 to 130 more next year.. Part of it because we are older and part because our old plan had too high a deductible. Tell me mif you are getting a bill how much more you will be paying or are you just spouting off the Republican position??

Old 10-06-2013, 04:12 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,214,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
It was 51% in 2009. It is 43% now. Was 2009 a significant year?

Quote:
I wish the people who are opposed to the ACA and who are actually effected by it would post some numbers rather than blathering a bunch of non-sense. My wife and I will pay $100 to 130 more next year.. Part of it because we are older and part because our old plan had too high a deductible. Tell me mif you are getting a bill how much more you will be paying or are you just spouting off the Republican position??
I pay $80 now. Next year my policy will be $168 and the deductible will be 2X as high. I'd like to take advantage of insurance, but it won't be worth having if the price gets too high. You see, my plan has a HSA account attached to it and utilizing that account saves me $6-$700/yr in taxes. It's too soon to tell what I will actually end up doing though.

One of the posters just got a bill for $890/month vs his old bill of $267.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ho-helped.html

Old 10-06-2013, 04:54 AM

26,829 posts, read 15,053,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Actually, for most the rates will go up but the other real killer is the deductible. They think people will be able to save even more money for higher deductibles. The problem is people will just ignore that part and not worry about it. When they get sick that's when the chit will hit the fan but by then the it will be too late, the low class will be wedged in and fight for their freebie.

The middle class is going to get killed on this one.

Posted in other threads that we are having a "significant change" in our insurance program at work that those at management levels will be advised of first so that when the bulk of employees are notified Supervisors will already know "what is going on".

Sounds like preparation for something not good to me.

In two days I'll know "what is going on".

Our part already doubled almost two years ago.

Right now the premium for my wife & I, no children, is $9360 with a $3000 per person deductible and pays 80% after that.

Last edited by bluesjuke; 10-06-2013 at 05:12 AM..

Old 10-06-2013, 05:24 AM

11,542 posts, read 5,606,400 times
Quote:
No not really. 85% of the people in the US are already covered by insurance. For Tea Partiers and Republicans I am sure it approaches 90% because of the numbers who are on Tricare for Life, Medicare, VA and other government programs.. Do you really think the Republicans would be against the ACA if their base wasn't fully covered?? Yeah I know there are the Tea Party zombies who inhabit the trailer parks that don't like a President with dark skin.. but after that what?? Geezers in mobility scooters.

Here you go again - three times this week referring that you know everyone's political affiliation and insurance coverage. Just because we don't agree with the president on this plan doesn't mean we're republican or covered by gov't insurance policies. The Republicans are against it because it's a bad plan and are backed up by over 50% of Americans that are against it.

You make so many foolish prejudicial comments - Tea Party Zombies? as least these people broke away from the 2 party line and are standing up for their convictions - unlike so many that toe the party lines.

The president with the dark skin is just bad - involved in scandal after scandal, sidestepping and tip toeing around every bad move and decision in his presidency. It has nothing to do with skin color - would you put it to rest. He's just a very poor leader whether he be white, black, red, yellow or purple.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:34 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,910,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
what do you think of Obamacare now? are you happy to pay the extra money so others can be covered or get lower rates.... or are you unhappy because it turned out differently than you were led to believe?

serious responses from those who saw their rates substantially increase please (except those working for the govt who are getting a subsidy). really interested to hear a democrats point of view on this.
So you are asking democrats whos premiums have doubled? how many people do you believe this has happen to on this forum. 5? 50? 5000?

Why not ask those with one glass eye or with a prosthetic arm...you may get more responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies