Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 04:22 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,213,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Emphasis on butthurt?
Liburul

Old 10-06-2013, 05:14 AM

1,391 posts, read 1,228,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Obama: ‘I’d think about changing’ Washington Redskins team name - The Washington Post

Ummmm.......Isnt the freakin' government shut down?

Isnt gas 4 dollars a gallon???

AND HE'S COMMENTING ON THIS???????

ll
And you're commenting on his comment. You must be just as bored as he is

Old 10-06-2013, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
He was asked a question in an AP interview:

Q: If I could just ask you one last question on something that's not politically related, but is getting a lot of attention in Washington -- the name of the Washington Redskins football team. There is a lot of people who say it's time to change the name of that team, considering that it's insulting to many Native Americans. What's your position on that?

THE PRESIDENT: You know, Julie, obviously, people get pretty attached to team names, mascots. I don't think there are any Redskins fans that mean offense. I've got to say that if I were the owner of the team and I knew that there was a name of my team -- even if it had a storied history -- that was offending a sizeable group of people, I'd think about changing it.
But I don't want to detract from the wonderful Redskins fans that are here. They love their team, and rightly so -- even though they've been having a pretty tough time this year. But I think -- all these mascots and team names related to Native Americans, Native Americans feel pretty strongly about it. And I don't know whether our attachment to a particular name should override the real, legitimate concerns that people have about these things.

News from The Associated Press
I believe what he is really saying is he doesn't care that much. But he has to engage the question, I suppose. If for no other reason then so a bunch of idiot rwnj's can come on here and cry about it.
Babies.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:22 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,915,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Obama: ‘I’d think about changing’ Washington Redskins team name - The Washington Post

Ummmm.......Isnt the freakin' government shut down?

Isnt gas 4 dollars a gallon???

AND HE'S COMMENTING ON THIS???????
No citizen cane, gas is 3.07

does a "government shut down" mean free speech shuts down too?

ridiculous.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:34 AM

23,357 posts, read 17,037,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
He was asked a question in an AP interview:

Q: If I could just ask you one last question on something that's not politically related, but is getting a lot of attention in Washington -- the name of the Washington Redskins football team. There is a lot of people who say it's time to change the name of that team, considering that it's insulting to many Native Americans. What's your position on that?

THE PRESIDENT: You know, Julie, obviously, people get pretty attached to team names, mascots. I don't think there are any Redskins fans that mean offense. I've got to say that if I were the owner of the team and I knew that there was a name of my team -- even if it had a storied history -- that was offending a sizeable group of people, I'd think about changing it.
But I don't want to detract from the wonderful Redskins fans that are here. They love their team, and rightly so -- even though they've been having a pretty tough time this year. But I think -- all these mascots and team names related to Native Americans, Native Americans feel pretty strongly about it. And I don't know whether our attachment to a particular name should override the real, legitimate concerns that people have about these things.

News from The Associated Press
Hey, Obama, your nuclear optioned obamacare offends me!
your IRS and DOJ are found offensive by many

So now what?

Old 10-06-2013, 05:40 AM

12,255 posts, read 6,415,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
The team name was okay for all of these years, but no Obama expects all to bow and listen to him. So hurry up change the team name because the supreme dictator said so - NOT!

Me to Obama: If it took just one vote you'd no longer be president.
I`ll assume that you`re a youngster that`s unaware that this issue has been a topic for discussion for at least 3 decades ( 30 years).

Old 10-06-2013, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Hey, Obama, your nuclear optioned obamacare offends me!
your IRS and DOJ are found offensive by many

So now what?
If you can sort of read between the lines (I know you can't), he doesn't really care about this.

I'll admit however that I do take joy in the fact that this issue is bringing up a lot rwnj's blood pressure.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I`ll assume that you`re a youngster that`s unaware that this issue has been a topic for discussion for at least 3 decades ( 30 years).
Yep. And just 20 years ago the Bullets changed their name.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:57 AM

45,034 posts, read 26,196,433 times
I think "Washington Parasites" would be a fine alternative

Old 10-06-2013, 05:58 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,776,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
hmmmm... its not over till the phat lady sings..... well she is up next.... she not fat but she is a lady? the infamous Hillary Clinton!!!
bad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies