Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 07:15 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
You do understand all those programs were either paid into their whole lives or paid for by service to our country... on second thought because you have done neither you probably don't understand....
Sure, they can get their benefits. Why, then, are they so militantly against every other federal program? This shut down the government because we don't like a law bs. is just beyond stupid and irresponsible. Why do the Tea Party, members of the wealthiest generation ever, insist on acting like victims? It really seems unhinged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 07:19 PM

904 posts, read 687,476 times
Dividing the people by parties insures the puppet masters will prevail.

There are variations in every group that becomes a "party".

To communicate based on stereo typical devices, it the distraction that darkness, is counting on.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:22 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Another troll thread attacking all conservatives.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Another troll thread attacking all conservatives.
Nope. Just the bat**** crazy ones. If they are all the same to you, well ok, but I did not say that.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:41 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Harrier supports the Tea Party objectives of smaller, constitutional, limited government, funded by lower taxes which has the benefit of stimulating economic growth, and holding government responsible and accountable for its actions.

Per California state law - Harrier is a member of the unorganized militia of California and will be for at least the next 9 years.

Quote:
120. The militia of the State shall consist of the National Guard,
State Military Reserve and the Naval Militia--which constitute the
active militia--and the unorganized militia.

121. The unorganized militia consists of all persons liable to
service in the militia, but not members of the National Guard, the
State Military Reserve, or the Naval Militia.

122. The militia of the State consists of all able-bodied male
citizens and all other able-bodied males who have declared their
intention to become citizens of the United States, who are between
the ages of eighteen and forty-five, and who are residents of the
State, and of such other persons as may upon their own application be
enlisted or commissioned therein pursuant to the provisions of this
division, subject, however, to such exemptions as now exist or may be
hereafter created by the laws of the United States or of this State.

CA Codes (mvc:120-130).

So, if by his support of the Tea Party objectives, that makes Harrier a Tea Party member, and the fact that he is per state law a member of the unorganized militia, you could say that in Harrier's case that being simultaneously a Tea Party member and a militia member is true.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:26 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier supports the Tea Party objectives of smaller, constitutional, limited government, funded by lower taxes which has the benefit of stimulating economic growth, and holding government responsible and accountable for its actions.

Per California state law - Harrier is a member of the unorganized militia of California and will be for at least the next 9 years.

So, if by his support of the Tea Party objectives, that makes Harrier a Tea Party member, and the fact that he is per state law a member of the unorganized militia, you could say that in Harrier's case that being simultaneously a Tea Party member and a militia member is true.
Perfect! And +1. I'm totally on board with this. I'm actually over the age limit for militia field service, but, what's age but a number. One does not have to be an active combatant to be of use on & I'm still capable of combat service should I be called on to do so.

The TEA party really gets under the leftists skin. They are terrified of it. It's rather amusing how they run it down as so insignificant and fringe, yet dedicate such effort to make people believe that. Sheesh, seems, according to the libby leftists, that view should sell itself, without all the rhetoric.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:39 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Nope. Just the bat**** crazy ones. If they are all the same to you, well ok, but I did not say that.
Just be honest for a change, anyone who doesn't believe exactly what you do, in your mind is a "bat**** crazy Tea Partier".

Old 10-06-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Just be honest for a change, anyone who doesn't believe exactly what you do, in your mind is a "bat**** crazy Tea Partier".
Nope. I know plenty of moderates right on this forum. Nice try.

The Tea Partiers are the people spiking the football over a government shutdown. That says all I need to hear. I don't think moderates are going that.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:04 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
This government shutdown, and the militantly dumb statements I have been reading for weeks suggest that a good number of Tea Partiers have become more of an apocalyptic cult than a real political movement.

How are the Tea Partiers different from wingnuts like Randy Weaver and McVeigh? The hostility, anti-government fanaticism, obsession with guns,etc. all seems increasingly familiar.

What positive outcome do they hope to create by sewing so much strife and nastiness?
Are you still calling him King Obama? Good for you.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:15 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Do they perform any screening for the unorganized militia, who decides if someone can join and what are the requirements and when do they spring into action.

I think Timothy McVey was a member of the unorganized militia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies