Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 01:43 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times

Advertisements

I am so glad to see this thread! I am married into an Irish-American family and they never cease with all their "kiss me I'm Irish!" stuff. That is cool, but I read a few years back that German-Americans were the most populous European ethnic group. When have you ever heard "kiss me I am German!?" I think most of our German immigrants came a century before the damn Nazis ruined the country's reputation, and they had no part in it. Germans have a fine culture and intellectual traditions that should be celebrated without shame. Wherever they go, they distinguish themselves through their intellect and work ethic and decency.

By the way, this liberal light just did the genographic thing, and I am apparently about 50% Britist/Irish, 35% German, and 15% Ashkenazi Jew (or other southeast European). A European mutt. Great cultures all, and worth celebrating.

Another great German-American.

Dwight D. Eisenhower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kiss a kraut!

Last edited by Fiddlehead; 10-07-2013 at 02:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
A lot of these people you're posting up are Jews, and they wouldn't be too happy with the association. LOL

You know, the Jews and the Germans were actually a formidable team. With their intensely intellectual cultures and all. If the Germans had not gone insane in the last century, they would undoubtedly be leading the world in innovation and probably militarily too. Oh well, their descendents are here, and kicking butt.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:48 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
LOL. They are German Jews, so I thought they fit in.
True...but German Jews that were lucky to escape Germany when they did. Or lucky enough to be dead in 1933.

It does seem as if Jews really flourished moreso in German lands than anywhere else, and i'm sure that's no coincidence. Germans are pretty damn brilliant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I am so glad to see this thread! I am married into an Irish-American family and they never cease with all there "kiss me I'm Irish!" stuff. That is cool, but I read a few years back that German-Americans were the most populous European ethnic group. When have you ever heard "kiss me I am German!?" I think most of our German immigrants came a century before the damn Nazis ruined the country's reputation, and they had no part in it. Germans have a fine culture and intellectual traditions that should be celebrated without shame. Wherever they go, they distinguish themselves through their intellect and work ethic and decency.

By the way, the liberal light just did the genographic thing, and I am apparently about 50% Britist/Irish, 35% German, and 15% Ashkenazi Jew (or other southeast European). A European mutt. Great cultures all, and worth celebrating.

Kiss a kraut!
LMAO....that's funny. Kraut is a slur though, so i can't say it.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:07 PM

Heidi Klum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd kiss this one....

Old 10-07-2013, 02:08 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I am so glad to see this thread! I am married into an Irish-American family and they never cease with all there "kiss me I'm Irish!" stuff. That is cool, but I read a few years back that German-Americans were the most populous European ethnic group. When have you ever heard "kiss me I am German!?" I think most of our German immigrants came a century before the damn Nazis ruined the country's reputation, and they had no part in it. Germans have a fine culture and intellectual traditions that should be celebrated without shame. Wherever they go, they distinguish themselves through their intellect and work ethic and decency.

By the way, the liberal light just did the genographic thing, and I am apparently about 50% Britist/Irish, 35% German, and 15% Ashkenazi Jew (or other southeast European). A European mutt. Great cultures all, and worth celebrating.

Kiss a kraut!
Good post! At least two of my Pennsylvania Dutch lines came here in the 1720's from the Baden Wurttemburg area.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:15 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,365 times
David Yuengling founder of Yuengling Brewery in my dad's family's neck of the woods Pottsville Pa

Yuengling: America's Oldest Brewery

Old 10-07-2013, 02:23 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
It's also Breast Cancer Awareness month, Hunger Awareness month, Hispanic Heritage month, Poppin Popcorn month, National Caramel month, and the list goes on.

I can tell you the two that I think are the most significant.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:24 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Proud German-American here! My ancestors are still farming the same land people of the same last name have been farming for 500+ years.

Black people have had it bad in this country, but if they heard some of the stories of my family and the way the landlords of hundreds of years ago treated them, they were essentially slaves. The landlords could have them jailed for any reason without proof. They barely made enough money to stay on the land most years.

Now they are pretty much all wealthy.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:56 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
I am German- American. Didn't know we had a month.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Liberals know the only history month that counts is black history month. Or African American month. LOL. I think many liberals would do the opposite of what Michael Jackson did, make their skin black if they could .
1. A liberal was the second person to comment on this thread after the OP itself.

2. This thread was doing just fine without your race baiting thank you very much.

3. The Michael Jackson line doesnt even make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies