Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2013, 02:23 PM

20,130 posts, read 16,192,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
My husband's employer traditionally covered about 75% of employee's health care premium cost. This year, they invested in prevention and covered 100+%. The insurer told us which tests to get and when and there were no co-pays. My husband was given the opportunity to earn points towards a reduction in premium by losing 20 pounds and he did. He was also given the opportunity to earn more points by walking at least 10,000 steps day as recorded by a device that updates a system.
The financial incentive was adequate to cause a change in behavior.

I hope they extend it to spouses, next year.
I agree those are good health saving measures but, dear God, talk about micromanaging people's lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 02:26 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,807,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Then why did they cheer when Obama said that?
His pants were unzipped?

Most people tune out a live speaker after a minute or two, no matter who the speaker or the message.

The internet has created the ability to replay the tape, or a part of a tape, at whim.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
We are in the same boat as you and i have posted my letter on this site. I just took the reup to dec 2014 option because i cant get thru the website to get rates. I have spent 10 plus hrs on it and that is lost $ to me. I am self employed and thats time i could have been making money. My plan now expires for good dec 2014.

The exchange attempts to make it convenient to comparison shop but no one is required to actually purchase off the exchange.

I did not want to be a part of the looky-loo traffic bogging down my state's exchange so I went to a source, BCBS. Initially, their site was also down but I got in on my second shot. It took me all in about 10 minutes.

The deadline for January 1, 2014 coverage is 12/15.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
And just wait till the boomers begin hitting retirement age and start flocking to Social Security. Yeah, it's going to be a mess.
The oldest boomers became eligible for early SS retirement benefits in 2007.
The oldest boomers became eligible for regular SS retirement benefits and Medicare in 2010.
The oldest boomers will reach the maximum age for SS retirement benefits in 2016.

The boomers are the only generation to have contributed to both SS and Medicare their entire working lives.

Yet, something about the size of the boom has eluded every Admin and Congress, regardless of who sat the oval or held the majority. It was easier to kick the can.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:42 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,905,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
These would be the same idiots who thought 0bama was gonna pay their mortgage and put gas in their cars.

There's simply no understanding this kind of stupid.

I sure would like to know where this moron is today.

Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube

She had 3 more babies to up the subsidies.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Lie, it was 30 million americans, the other 20 million were illegals who will continue to get free treatment, and not pay into the system, thus it fixes nothing..
This is the 5th or 6th time you have stated the number of uninsured are only 20-30 million and the rest are illegals.

My sources for the 50 million number include the Census and Pew Research which is bipartisan. These numbers do not include illegal immigrants.

Fewer Americans uninsured - Census Bureau - Sep. 12, 2012

What's your source? Put up or hush up.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:01 PM

30,317 posts, read 23,789,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Im having trouble here. Of course any one person can't "hear" everything the president comments on...but I've been racking my small brain to remember Obama saying that one could keep their HCI provider and that the rates would remain the same.

I do recall him saying you will be able to keep your insurer and docs...ect; and I do remember him saying HC costs would be going down...

Did I miss when he conjoined the two statements?
Really? In the first 20 seconds of this clip, he says there will be no need for you to lose your existing healthcare, doctor, or have any changes to your plan.

What part do you not get?

Joint Session Speech: Stability & Security For All Americans | The White House

Old 10-07-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So all of a sudden people are going to stop doing drugs and others will go on diets and lose weight.

uh hum
You forgot the booze and smokes.

Forget about all people doing anything.

Some will.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:03 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,555,991 times
Quote:
The oldest boomers became eligible for early SS retirement benefits in 2007.
The oldest boomers became eligible for regular SS retirement benefits and Medicare in 2010.
The oldest boomers will reach the maximum age for SS retirement benefits in 2016.
The marketers' definition of the start of the baby boom was 1946 and they had it ending in 1964.

Demographers mark it differently, with the range at 1943 and 1961. So the early retirees started collecting ss in 2005.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:06 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,451,650 times
I guess the government isn't going to give free rides to people who want X-rays and MRIs on a whim? This will actually be a good thing. One step to saving money on care is to not have the patient fully insulated from the huge costs of medical practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies